The-Dream Surrendered to NYPD After Accused of Punching Pregnant Ex-Girlfriend
The-Dream voluntarily walked into Midtown North station house to turn himself in on Wednesday, May 7 on accusation of assaulting ex-girlfriend Lydia Nam. Despite the booking, the songwriter/producer insisted that he was innocent.
The R 'n' B artist, born Terius Nash, was charged for assault, strangulation, act in a manner injurious to a child under 17 and reckless endangerment. Nas allegedly choked and punched an 8-month pregnant Nam in the stomach during an argument that occurred at a hotel room in the Plaza Hotel, New York two years ago.
"Dream voluntarily surrendered to the Midtown North Precinct this morning in order to responsibly address the false allegations filed against him by Lydia Nam," a rep for Nash said in a statement. "He is innocent of the charges filed against him today, and we are confident that when this case is concluded and all the evidence has been reviewed, it will be clear that he is innocent."
For some reason, Nam did not report the incident to police until November 1, 2013, NYPD said. According to TMZ, Nash had been wanted for questioning in connection with the alleged assault. He was arrested in California last June in connection with a separate domestic-violence incident involving Nam. She refused to press charges so D.A. rejected the case.
Nash was previously married to Christina Milian but he filed for divorce from her nine days before the birth of their daughter in 2010.
- 'Supernatural' Casts David Haydn-Jones as a Mysterious Character
- Lin-Manuel Miranda Releases Tribute Rap for 'The West Wing'
- Kim Kardashian, Kylie and Kendall Jenner Dolled Up for 'Ocean's Eight' Cameo Filming
- Amanda Seyfried Dishes on Upcoming Low-Key Wedding to Thomas Sadoski
- Harley Quinn Might Appear on 'Gotham' Earlier Than Expected
- Soulja Boy Takes a Shot at Chris Brown, 50 Cent, Mike Tyson on New Song 'Stop Playing with Me'
- Is Tina Fey Making 'Mean Girls 2' Without Lindsay Lohan?
- Lady GaGa Builds a Dance Floor in Her Backyard, Shares Crazy Idea for Super Bowl Performance