The-Dream Surrendered to NYPD After Accused of Punching Pregnant Ex-Girlfriend
The-Dream voluntarily walked into Midtown North station house to turn himself in on Wednesday, May 7 on accusation of assaulting ex-girlfriend Lydia Nam. Despite the booking, the songwriter/producer insisted that he was innocent.
The R 'n' B artist, born Terius Nash, was charged for assault, strangulation, act in a manner injurious to a child under 17 and reckless endangerment. Nas allegedly choked and punched an 8-month pregnant Nam in the stomach during an argument that occurred at a hotel room in the Plaza Hotel, New York two years ago.
"Dream voluntarily surrendered to the Midtown North Precinct this morning in order to responsibly address the false allegations filed against him by Lydia Nam," a rep for Nash said in a statement. "He is innocent of the charges filed against him today, and we are confident that when this case is concluded and all the evidence has been reviewed, it will be clear that he is innocent."
For some reason, Nam did not report the incident to police until November 1, 2013, NYPD said. According to TMZ, Nash had been wanted for questioning in connection with the alleged assault. He was arrested in California last June in connection with a separate domestic-violence incident involving Nam. She refused to press charges so D.A. rejected the case.
Nash was previously married to Christina Milian but he filed for divorce from her nine days before the birth of their daughter in 2010.
- The Flash Reunites With Jay Garrick, Teams Up With Tom Felton's Character in Season 3 Photos
- 'Doctor Strange' IMAX Trailer Unveils Avengers Ties. Also Get Details About Rachel McAdams' Role
- Donald Trump on Former Miss Universe Alicia Machado He Once Called 'Miss Piggy': She's 'the Worst'
- Amy Schumer Is First Woman to Make Forbes' List of Highest-Paid Comedians
- Justin Bieber Blows Snots on Concertgoers After Telling Fans They 'Suck'
- Denzel Washington and Viola Davis Argue Over Their Hard Lives in 'Fences' Teaser Trailer
- Netflix Debuts First Trailer for Its Ambitious Royal Drama 'The Crown'
- Did Gigi Hadid Throw Shade at Harry Styles With This Photo of Zayn Malik?