The-Dream Surrendered to NYPD After Accused of Punching Pregnant Ex-Girlfriend
The-Dream voluntarily walked into Midtown North station house to turn himself in on Wednesday, May 7 on accusation of assaulting ex-girlfriend Lydia Nam. Despite the booking, the songwriter/producer insisted that he was innocent.
The R 'n' B artist, born Terius Nash, was charged for assault, strangulation, act in a manner injurious to a child under 17 and reckless endangerment. Nas allegedly choked and punched an 8-month pregnant Nam in the stomach during an argument that occurred at a hotel room in the Plaza Hotel, New York two years ago.
"Dream voluntarily surrendered to the Midtown North Precinct this morning in order to responsibly address the false allegations filed against him by Lydia Nam," a rep for Nash said in a statement. "He is innocent of the charges filed against him today, and we are confident that when this case is concluded and all the evidence has been reviewed, it will be clear that he is innocent."
For some reason, Nam did not report the incident to police until November 1, 2013, NYPD said. According to TMZ, Nash had been wanted for questioning in connection with the alleged assault. He was arrested in California last June in connection with a separate domestic-violence incident involving Nam. She refused to press charges so D.A. rejected the case.
Nash was previously married to Christina Milian but he filed for divorce from her nine days before the birth of their daughter in 2010.
- 'Pretty Little Liars' Series Finale Photos: Get First Look at Aria's Wedding Dress
- Is Khloe Kardashian Pregnant? Tristan Thompson Believes She Will Be the 'Best Mom'
- Insecure Kylie Jenner Thinks She's Ugly
- Beyonce Writes a Song About Her Newborn Twins, Plans to Release New Album Before Coachella 2018
- Gillian Anderson Goes Makeup-Free and Ditches Bra During Her Stay in Italy
- Kate Beckinsale Can't Keep Her Hands Off Toy Boy Matt Rife During Movie Date
- Kevin Feige Confirms Miles Morales Is Part of MCU
- Protective Boyfriend The Weeknd Tells Selena Gomez to Cover Up