Mekhi Phifer Files for Bankruptcy
Mekhi Phifer reportedly is having financial difficulties. According to TMZ, the "ER" alum filed for bankruptcy last month. He apparently only has $67,000 in assets while his debt is totaling around $1.3 million. The $1.3 million debt consists of $1.2 million in back taxes, $50K in lawyers bills and $4,500 in back child support.
According to legal documents obtained by the site, he spends $11,600 in monthly expenses, but his income is $7,500. Meanwhile, some of Phifer's assets include a 12-year-old Segway, a leather bed, one shotgun and two 9mm pistols.
Phifer most recently appeared in "Divergent" alongside Shailene Woodley, Theo James and Miles Teller among others. Stopping by "Today" show in early March, the 39-year-old star said that his son was so excited he landed a role in the film which is based on a novel by Veronica Roth. "It was the first thing he's ever been excited about in my career ever! ... Now I'm cool, finally," he said.
He also talked about public's warm response to the movie, noting that the movie's crew had done a good job. "(Author) Veronica Roth did such a wonderful job putting these books together, and the adaptations that they did for the screenplay are just wonderful," he said. "I've been going on a multi-city tour for this film, and so many people are saying that they like it even more than the books."
- Pamela Anderson Storms Off TV Set After Being Offended by an Old School Photo
- Mariah Carey Flashes Nipples as She Goes Braless in Skintight Dress
- Selena Gomez Shares Message of Empowerment to High School Students During Surprise Visit
- Animated 'KUWTK' Series Is on the Way
- John Mayer Admits New Single 'Still Feel Like Your Man' Is About Katy Perry
- Selena Gomez Gets Teased About Her Love for Canadian Guys. See Her Reaction
- Is Amber Rose Into a Woman Now? Model Sparks Rumors She's Hooking Up With Teyana Taylor
- Iggy Azalea's Brand New Single 'Mo Bounce' Released in Full