Video: Coldplay Dedicates 'Fix You' to Mick Jagger Following L'Wren Scott's Death
Coldplay recently took the stage at the Beacon Theater in New York to promote their new album "Ghost Stories". During the performance on Monday, May 5, the band dedicated one of their songs to fellow British rocker Mick Jagger.
"It's for Mick Jagger," Coldplay's frontman Chris Martin told the crowd before they played the slow-tempo song about recovering. During their show at Beacon Theater, Coldplay also treated the crowd with tracks off their new album that's set to be released on May 19.
The group reportedly closed their show with a new "Ghost Stories" song called "True Love". Calling it "the best song off our new album that no one has ever heard yet," Martin asked the crowd not to film the performance and upload it to YouTube.
Jagger is clearly still grieving over the death of his longtime girlfriend L'Wren Scott. The fashion designer was found hanging in her Manhattan apartment in March. The 70-year-old musician, who was in Australia with his band The Rolling Stones for their tour when Scott died, decided to postpone all the shows in the country.
Late last week, Jagger paid tribute to his late girlfriend by performing "Just Like a Woman", a heartfelt song by Bob Dylan, at a memorial service held at Manhattan's St. Bartholomew's Church. The service was also attended by Scott's family and several big names in the industry, including Martin Scorsese, Julianne Moore, Meg Ryan and Anna Wintour.
More Coldplay News
- MTV VMAs 2016: Kanye West Debuts 'Fade' Music Video, Talks About Taylor Swift in Speech
- Miley Cyrus and Liam Hemsworth Not Married Despite That Ring on Her Finger
- 'Don't Breathe' Scares 'Suicide Squad' Away From Box Office's No. 1
- MTV VMAs 2016: Drake, Calvin Harris and Fifth Harmony Among Early Winners
- MTV VMAs 2016: Watch Rihanna, Ariana Grande and Nicki Minaj's Performances
- Ariana Grande Confirms She's Dating Mac Miller at 2016 MTV VMAs
- Frank Ocean Earns First No. 1 Album on Billboard 200 With 'Blonde'
- MTV VMAs 2016: Beyonce Is Snow Queen, Kim Kardashian and Nicki Minaj Show Skin on Red Carpet