Phaedra Parks' Husband Pleads Guilty in Fraud Case
Phaedra Parks' husband Apollo Nida pleaded guilty to mail, wire and bank fraud charges on Tuesday, May 6 in the U.S. District Court for the Northern District of Georgia, Atlanta Journal Constitution reports. The husband of "The Real Housewives of Atlanta" star was accused of being involved in a scheme which was worth about $2.3 million.
During the court session, Nida said that he accepted "full responsibility for my actions," adding, "It was a dumb situation I put myself in." Nida may face up to 30 years and a $1 million fine. A sentencing hearing for the case is scheduled for July 8.
Nida and his co-conspirators allegedly stole and obtained checks, filed fraudulent tax returns, and made fraudulent claims against the U.S. Department of Housing and Urban Development in 11 states. They allegedly laundered the money through bank accounts from people whose identities were stolen. Nida was arrested in January after one of the co-conspirators Gayla St. Julien, who was arrested in 2013, identified him.
In happier news, Nicki Minaj apparently wants Phaedra Parks to star in an upcoming music video. Minaj, who recently announced her single "Yasss Bish!" with Soulja Boy, took to Instagram to share the artwork, writing, "Heard Phaedra was reading again. I need her in this video. #FixItJesus."
- Pro Dancers of 'Dancing with the Stars' Season 23 Revealed
- Meek Mill Infuriated Drake After He Tried to Block Canadian Rapper From Partying in Philly
- Vin Diesel Thinks The Rock 'Shined' Amid 'Fast and Furious 8' On-Set Beef
- Is He Sorry? Justin Bieber Reunites With Sofia Richie Ahead of Her 18th Birthday
- Stephen Colbert Mocks Ryan Lochte's Robbery Claims, Spoofs His Interview With Matt Lauer
- Watch Helen Mirren Perfectly Handle a Sexist Interviewer 40 Years Ago
- Early Concept Art of 'Captain America: Civil War' Sees Ant-Man Fighting the Cap
- James Harden's Signature Shoes Are So Bad That People Make Fun of Them. Read the Funny Ones