Phaedra Parks' Husband Pleads Guilty in Fraud Case
Phaedra Parks' husband Apollo Nida pleaded guilty to mail, wire and bank fraud charges on Tuesday, May 6 in the U.S. District Court for the Northern District of Georgia, Atlanta Journal Constitution reports. The husband of "The Real Housewives of Atlanta" star was accused of being involved in a scheme which was worth about $2.3 million.
During the court session, Nida said that he accepted "full responsibility for my actions," adding, "It was a dumb situation I put myself in." Nida may face up to 30 years and a $1 million fine. A sentencing hearing for the case is scheduled for July 8.
Nida and his co-conspirators allegedly stole and obtained checks, filed fraudulent tax returns, and made fraudulent claims against the U.S. Department of Housing and Urban Development in 11 states. They allegedly laundered the money through bank accounts from people whose identities were stolen. Nida was arrested in January after one of the co-conspirators Gayla St. Julien, who was arrested in 2013, identified him.
In happier news, Nicki Minaj apparently wants Phaedra Parks to star in an upcoming music video. Minaj, who recently announced her single "Yasss Bish!" with Soulja Boy, took to Instagram to share the artwork, writing, "Heard Phaedra was reading again. I need her in this video. #FixItJesus."
- Katy Perry Crowd-Surfing Twice at Glastonbury 2017
- Blac Chyna Involved in Car Accident
- Kelly Osbourne Shows Her Derriere While Struggling to Get Out of Her Dress
- Kendall Jenner Looks Unrecognizable in Her Latest Instagram Pictures
- Heidi Klum's Boyfriend Vito Schabel Spotted Kissing Another Woman in London
- Angelina Jolie Is Worrying That Brad Pitt Will Get More Custody
- Amanda Bynes Steps Out for Shopping in Beverly Hills
- Gal Gadot Is Already Planning for Baby No. 3