Phaedra Parks' Husband Pleads Guilty in Fraud Case
Phaedra Parks' husband Apollo Nida pleaded guilty to mail, wire and bank fraud charges on Tuesday, May 6 in the U.S. District Court for the Northern District of Georgia, Atlanta Journal Constitution reports. The husband of "The Real Housewives of Atlanta" star was accused of being involved in a scheme which was worth about $2.3 million.
During the court session, Nida said that he accepted "full responsibility for my actions," adding, "It was a dumb situation I put myself in." Nida may face up to 30 years and a $1 million fine. A sentencing hearing for the case is scheduled for July 8.
Nida and his co-conspirators allegedly stole and obtained checks, filed fraudulent tax returns, and made fraudulent claims against the U.S. Department of Housing and Urban Development in 11 states. They allegedly laundered the money through bank accounts from people whose identities were stolen. Nida was arrested in January after one of the co-conspirators Gayla St. Julien, who was arrested in 2013, identified him.
In happier news, Nicki Minaj apparently wants Phaedra Parks to star in an upcoming music video. Minaj, who recently announced her single "Yasss Bish!" with Soulja Boy, took to Instagram to share the artwork, writing, "Heard Phaedra was reading again. I need her in this video. #FixItJesus."
- Watch 'Carpool Karaoke' With Madonna and Find Out Juicy Detail of Her Night Out With Michael Jackson
- Major Lazer Mashes Up Biggest Hits of the Year for YouTube Rewind 2016 Video
- John Cena Promises to Destroy 'Saturday Night Live' in New Promo
- Katy Perry Joins Jennifer Aniston at 'Office Christmas Party' L.A. Premiere
- Kardashian Sisters Try to Block Blac Chyna From Trademarking Their Family Name. How She Reacts?
- Nick Cannon Hits Back at Dane Cook Who Shamed Him for Wearing Turban
- Johnny Depp Dubbed Hollywood's Most Overpaid Actor Again by Forbes
- 'The Bachelor' Season 21 Cast Photos: Meet 30 Girls Vying for Nick Viall's Heart