Phaedra Parks' Husband Pleads Guilty in Fraud Case
Phaedra Parks' husband Apollo Nida pleaded guilty to mail, wire and bank fraud charges on Tuesday, May 6 in the U.S. District Court for the Northern District of Georgia, Atlanta Journal Constitution reports. The husband of "The Real Housewives of Atlanta" star was accused of being involved in a scheme which was worth about $2.3 million.
During the court session, Nida said that he accepted "full responsibility for my actions," adding, "It was a dumb situation I put myself in." Nida may face up to 30 years and a $1 million fine. A sentencing hearing for the case is scheduled for July 8.
Nida and his co-conspirators allegedly stole and obtained checks, filed fraudulent tax returns, and made fraudulent claims against the U.S. Department of Housing and Urban Development in 11 states. They allegedly laundered the money through bank accounts from people whose identities were stolen. Nida was arrested in January after one of the co-conspirators Gayla St. Julien, who was arrested in 2013, identified him.
In happier news, Nicki Minaj apparently wants Phaedra Parks to star in an upcoming music video. Minaj, who recently announced her single "Yasss Bish!" with Soulja Boy, took to Instagram to share the artwork, writing, "Heard Phaedra was reading again. I need her in this video. #FixItJesus."
- Anne Hathaway's Dress at 'Colossal' Premiere Is So Awkward She Couldn't Sit in It
- Jeremy Renner's Hawkeye May Appear in 'Ant-Man and the Wasp'
- Blac Chyna Believes That Rob Kardashian and Tyga Are Tag Teaming Against Her
- Saucy! Rita Ora Goes Braless as She Flashes Her Nipple Pasties in Sheer Top
- Little Mix Channels Inner Cowgirls in Music Video for 'No More Sad Songs' Ft. Machine Gun Kelly
- A Party Fit for Mother Monster! Get Details of Lady GaGa's Star-Studded Birthday Bash
- Jennifer Lawrence and Darren Aronofsky Are Getting More Serious, Despite Their 22-Year Age Gap
- Listen to Selena Gomez's Moody 'Only You' Cover for '13 Reasons Why'