'Da Vinci's Demons' to Return for Season 3 With New Showrunner
"Da Vinci's Demons" is here to stay. Starz has officially announced a third season renewal for the historical fantasy drama series from creator David S. Goyer, who won't return as showrunner for the next installment.
"We're excited to continue Leonardo da Vinci's adventures with a third season of 'Da Vinci's Demons' with John Shiban joining the ranks," Starz Managing Director Carmi Zlotnik says in a statement. "David S. Goyer's vision of da Vinci's journey continues to entertain fans, taking them deeper into the world of 'Da Vinci's Demons', where there is still much more story to tell."
Goyer adds, "I've been a fan of John's work for some time and I'm excited to add his voice to the mix." The "Batman Begins" scribe will be kept busy working on NBC's "Constantine", a small-screen adaptation of DC Comics' "Hellblazer", in which he serves as executive producer.
Shiban is a former staff writer on "The X-Files" and shepherded AMC's "Hell on Wheels" in the first two seasons. He also worked as a consulting producer for the third season of "Breaking Bad" and is currently developing a new drama series, "Blackbirds", for Starz.
"Blackbirds" is based on the novels by Chuck Wendig. It follows Miriam Black, a street-smart runaway hitchhiking through the American Southwest who has the ability to see how and when a person dies by touching them. Shiban turns the book into a script and will executive produce the drama with David Knoller ("Power").
- P. Diddy Throws Star-Studded Birthday Party for Girlfriend Cassie
- Kim Kardashian Says Kendall Jenner Is Banned by Uber, the Company Responds
- J Balvin Survives Plane Crash in Bahamas
- Luke Cage Reveals the Downside of Being Bulletproof in First Clip
- Justin Bieber and Sofia Richie Jet Off for Romantic Getaway Ahead of MTV VMAs
- Britney Spears Calls 'Carpool Karaoke' With James Corden 'Awkward'
- Taylor Swift Naked Wax Figure Displayed at Kanye West's 'Famous' Art Exhibit
- Tom Hiddleston's Instagram Gets Hacked