'Da Vinci's Demons' to Return for Season 3 With New Showrunner
"Da Vinci's Demons" is here to stay. Starz has officially announced a third season renewal for the historical fantasy drama series from creator David S. Goyer, who won't return as showrunner for the next installment.
"We're excited to continue Leonardo da Vinci's adventures with a third season of 'Da Vinci's Demons' with John Shiban joining the ranks," Starz Managing Director Carmi Zlotnik says in a statement. "David S. Goyer's vision of da Vinci's journey continues to entertain fans, taking them deeper into the world of 'Da Vinci's Demons', where there is still much more story to tell."
Goyer adds, "I've been a fan of John's work for some time and I'm excited to add his voice to the mix." The "Batman Begins" scribe will be kept busy working on NBC's "Constantine", a small-screen adaptation of DC Comics' "Hellblazer", in which he serves as executive producer.
Shiban is a former staff writer on "The X-Files" and shepherded AMC's "Hell on Wheels" in the first two seasons. He also worked as a consulting producer for the third season of "Breaking Bad" and is currently developing a new drama series, "Blackbirds", for Starz.
"Blackbirds" is based on the novels by Chuck Wendig. It follows Miriam Black, a street-smart runaway hitchhiking through the American Southwest who has the ability to see how and when a person dies by touching them. Shiban turns the book into a script and will executive produce the drama with David Knoller ("Power").
- Police Found No Evidence of Physical Abuse in Amber Heard's Case
- Phil Lord and Chris Miller's 'Spider-Man' Movie May Feature Miles Morales
- Colton Haynes Bares His Butt in This Racy Instagram Photo
- Heidi Klum Declares She 'Won't Get Married Again'
- Rainn Wilson Says Johnny Depp 'Is a Wife Beater'
- Does Tyga Really Owe Kylie Jenner $2 Million?
- 'Pretty Little Liars' Star Teases Jenna's Return: 'I'm in Most of the Season'
- Victoria's Secret Angels Give Justin Timberlake's 'Can't Stop the Feeling' Hotter Music Video