Gerard Butler Leaves 'Point Break' Remake
Gerard Butler is no longer attached to "Point Break" remake. According to The Hollywood Reporter, the actor leaves the project due to creative differences and scheduling conflict. "Point Break" is expected to go into production in late June, while he is prepping to film "London Has Fallen", the sequel to "Olympus Has Fallen", in fall.
Butler was supposed to play play Bodhi, a charismatic surfer portrayed by the late Patrick Swayze in the original. He was initially set to share screen with Luke Bracey who will portray Utah, a hotshot FBI agent played by Keanu Reeves in the Kathryn Bigelow film. Recasting is expected to be announced soon as they stick to the original start date.
Ray Winstone will play an older FBI agent originally played by Gary Busey. "Invincible" helmer Ericson Core sits behind the lens, and Kurt Wimmer writes the screenplay. It revolves around an FBI agent infiltrating a crime ring set in the international world of extreme sports, not just limited to the Southern California surf scene in the 1991 film.
- Iggy Azalea Dumped Nick Young After Finding Out He Impregnated His Ex Again
- Kylie Jenner and Blac Chyna's Feud Ends. Stars Become 'Close' Friends Now
- Miles Teller Has Halo Screwed to His Skull in 'Bleed for This' Trailer
- Miss Teen USA to Eliminate Swimsuit Competition
- Demi Lovato Debuts Steamy New Single 'Body Say', Brings Out T.I. at 'Future Now' Tour
- Rita Ora Hospitalized due to Exhaustion
- Tom Hanks Is a Hero in First 'Sully' Trailer
- Sarah Paulson Poses Topless for W Magazine. See the NSFW Pic!