Susan Sarandon Joins Melissa McCarthy to 'Unrob' Burger Joint in New 'Tammy' Trailer
A second trailer for Melissa McCarthy's upcoming comedy "Tammy" has landed online, picking up where the first one left off. A female reporter is seen reporting a robbery from the crime scene at a burger joint. The culprit is described as a "5 ft 2 wide female" who was super bossy.
In the previous video, McCarthy is robbing the burger joint with a paper bag mask and a finger gun. This new one shows her taking Susan Sarandon to the drive thru in an attempt to return the money she stole. Her plan is to "just throw the money, and we'll get out of her."
McCarthy plays the titular character, a woman who thinks she is living a nice, steady life, until she loses her job and then learns that her husband has been unfaithful. This causes her to set off on a road trip with her alcoholic grandmother (Sarandon) and run into mischief along the way.
The comedy is directed by Ben Falcone, McCarthy's co-star in hit cop comedy "The Heat". She writes the screenplay with Falcone and serves as a producer with "Anchorman: The Legend Continues" actor Will Ferrell and director Adam McKay.
"Tammy" will be released in the United States on July 4. Dan Aykroyd, Kathy Bates, Allison Janney, and Toni Collette are in the supporting roles along with Falcone.
- Silver Sable and Black Cat Movie Rumored to Have Spider-Woman
- Scott Disick Spotted Flirting With Sofia Richie on Yacht in Cannes
- Jaden Smith Accuses Canadian Hotel of Spiking His Food
- Alex Rodriguez Signs Deal With ABC News as Contributor
- Joaquin Phoenix and Diane Kruger Win Best Actor and Actress at Cannes 2017
- Miranda Kerr Marries Snapchat CEO Evan Spiegel in Backyard Ceremony
- 'Logan' Producer Hints at X-23 Solo Movie
- Jamie Foxx Called 'Disrespectful' by Nyle DiMarco for Making Up Sign Language on 'Fallon'