'Star Wars Episode 7' Gets Possible Title, At Least 3 Spin-Offs Are In the Works
A possible working title for J.J. Abrams' highly-anticipated "Star Wars Episode 7" is revealed. According Ain't It Cool News, the upcoming installment might be called "The Ancient Fear". It reportedly refers to Max Von Sydow's villainous character "who makes Pazuzu [the demon from 'The Exorcist'] look like a p***y!"
In related news, Bob Iger says during a quarterly earning stockholders call that there are actually at least three spin-offs in development to be released alongside "Episode 7", "Star Wars Episode 8", and "Star Wars Episode 9". The Disney CEO previously confirmed two "Star Wars" spin-offs possibly focusing on the origin stories of Boba Fett and Han Solo.
"Episode 7" is set for a December 18, 2015 release. Abrams and Lawrence Kasdan polish the script drafted by Michael Arndt. Harrison Ford, Carrie Fisher, Mark Hamill, Anthony Daniels, and Kenny Baker are among the returning cast. They are joined by John Boyega, Daisy Ridley, Adam Driver, Oscar Isaac, Andy Serkis, and Domhnall Gleeson.
"Episode 8" is scheduled for 2017 and "Episode 9" will follow in 2019. The spin-offs are expected to be released between the entries.
More Star Wars: The Force Awakens News
- Ben Affleck Says Taylor Swift Was Like 'God' When His Kids Met Her
- Kendall Jenner Unveils New Lip Tattoo
- 'The Purge' Heading to TV as 'Interwoven Anthology'
- Cashmere Cat Releases New Single 'Trust Nobody' Ft. Selena Gomez
- Rob Kardashian Regrets Tweeting Kylie Jenner's Number: 'It Was Miscommunication'
- Kristen Stewart Spooked by Ghost in 'Personal Shopper' Trailer
- Brad Pitt and Angelina Jolie Reach Temporary Custody Deal That Includes Family Counseling
- Fifth Harmony's Ally Brooke Falls After Ambushed by Fan on Stage