'Star Wars Episode 7' Gets Possible Title, At Least 3 Spin-Offs Are In the Works
A possible working title for J.J. Abrams' highly-anticipated "Star Wars Episode 7" is revealed. According Ain't It Cool News, the upcoming installment might be called "The Ancient Fear". It reportedly refers to Max Von Sydow's villainous character "who makes Pazuzu [the demon from 'The Exorcist'] look like a p***y!"
In related news, Bob Iger says during a quarterly earning stockholders call that there are actually at least three spin-offs in development to be released alongside "Episode 7", "Star Wars Episode 8", and "Star Wars Episode 9". The Disney CEO previously confirmed two "Star Wars" spin-offs possibly focusing on the origin stories of Boba Fett and Han Solo.
"Episode 7" is set for a December 18, 2015 release. Abrams and Lawrence Kasdan polish the script drafted by Michael Arndt. Harrison Ford, Carrie Fisher, Mark Hamill, Anthony Daniels, and Kenny Baker are among the returning cast. They are joined by John Boyega, Daisy Ridley, Adam Driver, Oscar Isaac, Andy Serkis, and Domhnall Gleeson.
"Episode 8" is scheduled for 2017 and "Episode 9" will follow in 2019. The spin-offs are expected to be released between the entries.
More Star Wars: The Force Awakens News
- Johnny Depp Wasn't Even Near Amber Heard When He Allegedly Hit Her, Witnesses Say
- Is Olivia Culpo Dating Danny Amendola? Here's the Proof
- Brad Pitt Reportedly Worries About 'Anorexic' and 'Fragile' Angelina Jolie
- Dan Aykroyd on Why 'Ghostbusters' Reboot Is Worth Watching: It Has More Laughs and More Scares
- Gwen Stefani Releases Fashionable 'Misery' Music Video
- Harambe the Gorilla Shooting Sparks Outrage Among Hollywood Stars
- Brooklyn Beckham Flaunting His Abs in This Shirtless Selfie Will Make You Drool
- 'Game of Thrones': George R. R. Martin Reveals Brienne's Backstory