'Star Wars Episode 7' Gets Possible Title, At Least 3 Spin-Offs Are In the Works
A possible working title for J.J. Abrams' highly-anticipated "Star Wars Episode 7" is revealed. According Ain't It Cool News, the upcoming installment might be called "The Ancient Fear". It reportedly refers to Max Von Sydow's villainous character "who makes Pazuzu [the demon from 'The Exorcist'] look like a p***y!"
In related news, Bob Iger says during a quarterly earning stockholders call that there are actually at least three spin-offs in development to be released alongside "Episode 7", "Star Wars Episode 8", and "Star Wars Episode 9". The Disney CEO previously confirmed two "Star Wars" spin-offs possibly focusing on the origin stories of Boba Fett and Han Solo.
"Episode 7" is set for a December 18, 2015 release. Abrams and Lawrence Kasdan polish the script drafted by Michael Arndt. Harrison Ford, Carrie Fisher, Mark Hamill, Anthony Daniels, and Kenny Baker are among the returning cast. They are joined by John Boyega, Daisy Ridley, Adam Driver, Oscar Isaac, Andy Serkis, and Domhnall Gleeson.
"Episode 8" is scheduled for 2017 and "Episode 9" will follow in 2019. The spin-offs are expected to be released between the entries.
- 'The Talk' Host Sheryl Underwood Cries as She Reveals Terrifying Rape Ordeal
- Brie Larson to Play U.S. First Female Presidential Candidate in Victoria Woodhull Biopic
- Netflix Debuts 'Death Note' Teaser Trailer and It's Slammed for Whitewashing
- Michael Shannon Joins Contention to Play Cable in 'Deadpool 2'
- Diane Kruger and Norman Reedus Caught in Lip-Lock Amid Romance Rumors
- Lorde, Muse, The Killers, Chance the Rapper, Arcade Fire to Headline 2017 Lollapalooza
- William Shatner Says Nick Viall 'Needs to Go' From 'DWTS', the 'Bachelor' Star Reacts
- Zac Efron Is Drag Queen, The Rock Disses One Direction in New 'Baywatch' Trailer