'Star Wars Episode 7' Gets Possible Title, At Least 3 Spin-Offs Are In the Works
A possible working title for J.J. Abrams' highly-anticipated "Star Wars Episode 7" is revealed. According Ain't It Cool News, the upcoming installment might be called "The Ancient Fear". It reportedly refers to Max Von Sydow's villainous character "who makes Pazuzu [the demon from 'The Exorcist'] look like a p***y!"
In related news, Bob Iger says during a quarterly earning stockholders call that there are actually at least three spin-offs in development to be released alongside "Episode 7", "Star Wars Episode 8", and "Star Wars Episode 9". The Disney CEO previously confirmed two "Star Wars" spin-offs possibly focusing on the origin stories of Boba Fett and Han Solo.
"Episode 7" is set for a December 18, 2015 release. Abrams and Lawrence Kasdan polish the script drafted by Michael Arndt. Harrison Ford, Carrie Fisher, Mark Hamill, Anthony Daniels, and Kenny Baker are among the returning cast. They are joined by John Boyega, Daisy Ridley, Adam Driver, Oscar Isaac, Andy Serkis, and Domhnall Gleeson.
"Episode 8" is scheduled for 2017 and "Episode 9" will follow in 2019. The spin-offs are expected to be released between the entries.
More Star Wars: The Force Awakens News
- DJ Khaled and Fiancee Nicole Tuck Welcome Baby Boy
- Benedict Cumberbatch and Solange Knowles Set to Make 'SNL' Debut
- Britney Spears Almost Flashes Her Breasts During On-Stage Wardrobe Malfunction
- 'Jessica Jones' Season 2 Will Be Directed Entirely by Women
- Taylor Swift Sings Calvin Harris' Song During Her Return to Stage at Formula 1 Concert
- Miley Cyrus and Katy Perry Go Door to Door for Hillary Clinton at College Dorms
- Watch: Lady GaGa Performs 'Joanne' Songs on 'SNL'
- Tom Hanks Plays 'Black Jeopardy' as Donald Trump's Supporter on 'SNL'