Producer Previews Wu-Tang Clan's One-of-a-Kind Album
Forbes sent one of their writers to Morocco just for a brief snippet of "Once Upon a Time in Shaolin", Wu-Tang Clan's upcoming album that's going to be available as one physical copy. Flying from New York, journalist Zack O'Malley Greenberg met the hip-hop group's collaborator Tarik "Cilvaringz" Azzougarh.
Greenberg had an interview with the producer and was treated to a one-minute preview of a song that's set to appear in the album. The track featured verses from Ghostface Killah and what sounded like Cher's vocals. "That voice sound familiar? Yeah, it's a little bit like Cher," Cilvaringz joked, but he refused to confirm or deny the veteran singer's involvement.
During his visit to the country, Greenberg was also shown the "hand-carved, silver-and-nickel box" in where the only copy of the album is being kept.
"Once Upon a Time in Shaolin" was recorded by Wu-Tang Clan's members in secret over the past six years. It is set to be brought to museums and festivals around the world before being sold to the highest bidder. Earlier this year, RZA told Billboard that someone had offered $5 million for the album, which currently still has no official release date.
The snippet of Wu-Tang Clan's track as well as the interview with Cilvaringz are also available on Forbes' website.
- Leonardo DiCaprio Reunites With Nina Agdal After 'Caught Flirting' With Another Woman at His Gala
- Watch Henry Cavill Walk Around in Mask and Hilariously Prank Will Smith at Comic-Con
- Comic-Con: New 'Fantastic Beasts' Trailer Shows Newt Scamander Recapturing the Creatures
- Gwen Stefani's Son Kingston Sings Blake Shelton's Song While Face-Swapping With Him
- Comic-Con: Check Out Trailers for 'Flash' Season 3, 'Arrow' Season 5 and 'Legends' Season 2
- Refusing to Enter Rehab, Lamar Odom Walks Out of Family's Intervention
- Kristen Bell Shares First Photos From Her Wedding While Tearing Up Talking About Hubby Dax Shepard
- Comic-Con: 'Justice League' Debuts First Footage, 'Wonder Woman' Gets First Trailer