Producer Previews Wu-Tang Clan's One-of-a-Kind Album
Forbes sent one of their writers to Morocco just for a brief snippet of "Once Upon a Time in Shaolin", Wu-Tang Clan's upcoming album that's going to be available as one physical copy. Flying from New York, journalist Zack O'Malley Greenberg met the hip-hop group's collaborator Tarik "Cilvaringz" Azzougarh.
Greenberg had an interview with the producer and was treated to a one-minute preview of a song that's set to appear in the album. The track featured verses from Ghostface Killah and what sounded like Cher's vocals. "That voice sound familiar? Yeah, it's a little bit like Cher," Cilvaringz joked, but he refused to confirm or deny the veteran singer's involvement.
During his visit to the country, Greenberg was also shown the "hand-carved, silver-and-nickel box" in where the only copy of the album is being kept.
"Once Upon a Time in Shaolin" was recorded by Wu-Tang Clan's members in secret over the past six years. It is set to be brought to museums and festivals around the world before being sold to the highest bidder. Earlier this year, RZA told Billboard that someone had offered $5 million for the album, which currently still has no official release date.
The snippet of Wu-Tang Clan's track as well as the interview with Cilvaringz are also available on Forbes' website.
- Taylor Kinney Gives Lady GaGa 'Ultimatum' as She's Still Undecided About Wedding Details
- Kim Kardashian Steals the Show at Scott Disick's Birthday Party With Her Barely-There Lace Dress
- Proud Papa Chris Brown Shares Cute Pictures of Royalty to Celebrate Her Birthday
- Amanda Holden Poses Naked for Charity. See the Racy Pic!
- Bruno Mars Is Readying a New Album for November
- Mariah Carey's Diva Antics: She Has Her Glam Team Work on Her While She Sleeps
- Kim Kardashian Kicks Kanye West Out of Their Bel Air House. Why?
- Watch Andrew Lincoln and Norman Reedus Envision Lighter 'Walking Dead' in NBC's Red Nose Day Special