Producer Previews Wu-Tang Clan's One-of-a-Kind Album
Forbes sent one of their writers to Morocco just for a brief snippet of "Once Upon a Time in Shaolin", Wu-Tang Clan's upcoming album that's going to be available as one physical copy. Flying from New York, journalist Zack O'Malley Greenberg met the hip-hop group's collaborator Tarik "Cilvaringz" Azzougarh.
Greenberg had an interview with the producer and was treated to a one-minute preview of a song that's set to appear in the album. The track featured verses from Ghostface Killah and what sounded like Cher's vocals. "That voice sound familiar? Yeah, it's a little bit like Cher," Cilvaringz joked, but he refused to confirm or deny the veteran singer's involvement.
During his visit to the country, Greenberg was also shown the "hand-carved, silver-and-nickel box" in where the only copy of the album is being kept.
"Once Upon a Time in Shaolin" was recorded by Wu-Tang Clan's members in secret over the past six years. It is set to be brought to museums and festivals around the world before being sold to the highest bidder. Earlier this year, RZA told Billboard that someone had offered $5 million for the album, which currently still has no official release date.
The snippet of Wu-Tang Clan's track as well as the interview with Cilvaringz are also available on Forbes' website.
- Kim Ji Won Reveals She's Jealous of Song Joong Ki and Song Hye Kyo
- Kris Jenner Is Planning to Send Rob Kardashian to Psych Ward
- Miley Cyrus and Jennifer Hudson Are Feuding on 'The Voice'
- Blac Chyna Parties With Lamar Odom and Tyga
- Girls' Generation's Yuri Injures Her Leg During SM Town Show
- Ten Times Chrissy Teigen Trolls Donald Trump on Twitter
- Yolanda Hadid Who? David Foster Enjoys Romantic Italy Getaway With Elizabeth Hurley
- 'The Star' First Teaser Trailer Tells the Story of Christmas From Different Perspective