Producer Previews Wu-Tang Clan's One-of-a-Kind Album
Forbes sent one of their writers to Morocco just for a brief snippet of "Once Upon a Time in Shaolin", Wu-Tang Clan's upcoming album that's going to be available as one physical copy. Flying from New York, journalist Zack O'Malley Greenberg met the hip-hop group's collaborator Tarik "Cilvaringz" Azzougarh.
Greenberg had an interview with the producer and was treated to a one-minute preview of a song that's set to appear in the album. The track featured verses from Ghostface Killah and what sounded like Cher's vocals. "That voice sound familiar? Yeah, it's a little bit like Cher," Cilvaringz joked, but he refused to confirm or deny the veteran singer's involvement.
During his visit to the country, Greenberg was also shown the "hand-carved, silver-and-nickel box" in where the only copy of the album is being kept.
"Once Upon a Time in Shaolin" was recorded by Wu-Tang Clan's members in secret over the past six years. It is set to be brought to museums and festivals around the world before being sold to the highest bidder. Earlier this year, RZA told Billboard that someone had offered $5 million for the album, which currently still has no official release date.
The snippet of Wu-Tang Clan's track as well as the interview with Cilvaringz are also available on Forbes' website.
- Drake Depicts Violence, Gets Steamy With a Girl in New 'Please Forgive Me' Short Film
- Kendall and Kylie Jenner Get Matching Ferraris. But Why Is One Sister Left Embarrassed?
- Angelina Jolie Reportedly Turns to Johnny Depp Amid Brad Pitt Divorce
- John Carpenter Shares Brutal Thoughts on 'Halloween' Remake, Slams Rob Zombie
- Cathriona White's Letter Reveals Jim Carrey Called Her a 'Whore' and Gave Her STDs
- Artist of the Week: Lady GaGa
- 50 Cent Starts 'Empire' Feud With Taraji P. Henson, Jussie Smollett Also Weighs In
- 'Fear the Walking Dead' 2.14 Preview: An Ambush