Shailene Woodley Explains Why She Eats Clay
Shailene Woodley has an unusual choice of dish. The star of "The Fault in Our Stars" talked about her clay-eating habit when stopping by "Late Show with David Letterman" on Monday, May 5. "I do eat clay, yeah. Do you?" she asked the show's host David Letterman.
"Clay is one of my favorites because if you look at indigenous cultures around the world, they eat clay almost daily," she said. Woodley also explained that she ordered the edible clay from a company called Mountain Rose Herbs which obtains the material from Colorado. She eats a teaspoon of clay a day in addition to using it as toothpaste.
The "Divergent" actress added that eating clay was good for our body, saying, "Clay binds to other materials in your body and helps your body excrete those materials - that are not necessarily the best for you." Letterman then replied, "Have you heard of Metamucil?"
Woodley next will be seen in "The Fault in Our Stars". Based on a novel of the same name by John Green, the movie tells the story of teenagers who fall in love after taking part in a cancer support group. It hits U.S. theaters on June 6.
- Tom Hiddleston in 'Advance Talks' to Star in 'Bond 25'
- Beyonce Steps Out With Jay-Z Wearing Bright Yellow Pants and Tiny Lemon Sticker on Her Phone
- Johnny Depp's Lawyer Reacts to Amber Heard's Domestic Abuse Claims
- Taylor Kinney Gives Lady GaGa 'Ultimatum' as She's Still Undecided About Wedding Details
- Kim Kardashian Steals the Show at Scott Disick's Birthday Party With Her Barely-There Lace Dress
- Proud Papa Chris Brown Shares Cute Pictures of Royalty to Celebrate Her Birthday
- Amanda Holden Poses Naked for Charity. See the Racy Pic!
- Bruno Mars Is Readying a New Album for November