Shailene Woodley Explains Why She Eats Clay
Shailene Woodley has an unusual choice of dish. The star of "The Fault in Our Stars" talked about her clay-eating habit when stopping by "Late Show with David Letterman" on Monday, May 5. "I do eat clay, yeah. Do you?" she asked the show's host David Letterman.
"Clay is one of my favorites because if you look at indigenous cultures around the world, they eat clay almost daily," she said. Woodley also explained that she ordered the edible clay from a company called Mountain Rose Herbs which obtains the material from Colorado. She eats a teaspoon of clay a day in addition to using it as toothpaste.
The "Divergent" actress added that eating clay was good for our body, saying, "Clay binds to other materials in your body and helps your body excrete those materials - that are not necessarily the best for you." Letterman then replied, "Have you heard of Metamucil?"
Woodley next will be seen in "The Fault in Our Stars". Based on a novel of the same name by John Green, the movie tells the story of teenagers who fall in love after taking part in a cancer support group. It hits U.S. theaters on June 6.
More Shailene Woodley News
- 'Han Solo' Movie May Reveal How the Iconic Smuggler Won the Millenium Falcon
- Taylor Swift Details Alleged Groping in Deposition: I Felt 'Distressed' and 'Violated'
- Bow Wow Announces Joint Album With Soulja Boy 'Ignorant S**t' Ahead of Retirement
- 'Westworld' Star Responds to the Man in Black Theories
- 'Deadpool 2': Find Out Details of Tim Miller's Disagreements With Ryan Reynolds That Led to His Exit
- Kylie Jenner Has a Good Reason Why She Mistook a Pig for a Chicken in Viral Clip
- 'The Walking Dead' 7.02 Sneak Peeks: Rick Relinquishes Control, Andrea Tours the Kingdom
- Kanye West Vows to Boycott Grammys if Frank Ocean Isn't Nominated