Shailene Woodley Explains Why She Eats Clay
Shailene Woodley has an unusual choice of dish. The star of "The Fault in Our Stars" talked about her clay-eating habit when stopping by "Late Show with David Letterman" on Monday, May 5. "I do eat clay, yeah. Do you?" she asked the show's host David Letterman.
"Clay is one of my favorites because if you look at indigenous cultures around the world, they eat clay almost daily," she said. Woodley also explained that she ordered the edible clay from a company called Mountain Rose Herbs which obtains the material from Colorado. She eats a teaspoon of clay a day in addition to using it as toothpaste.
The "Divergent" actress added that eating clay was good for our body, saying, "Clay binds to other materials in your body and helps your body excrete those materials - that are not necessarily the best for you." Letterman then replied, "Have you heard of Metamucil?"
Woodley next will be seen in "The Fault in Our Stars". Based on a novel of the same name by John Green, the movie tells the story of teenagers who fall in love after taking part in a cancer support group. It hits U.S. theaters on June 6.
- Drake Gets Eighth Week at Billboard 200's No. 1, RHCP Starts at No. 2
- Photos: Taylor Swift and Tom Hiddleston Hit the Beach in U.K. Joined by His Family
- Liv Tyler Jokes About Her 'Pointy and Giant' Baby Bump
- BET Awards 2016: Beyonce and Drake Dominate Winner List
- Muhammad Ali's Daughter Laila Gets Emotional While Honoring Her Late Father at 2016 BET Awards
- 'Game of Thrones' Season 6 Finale Recap: Does It Confirm Fan Theory About Jon's True Parentage?
- BET Awards 2016: Bryson Tiller and Drake Win More
- Jennifer Hudson Dresses as Prince in White Hooded Dress at 2016 BET Awards