Shailene Woodley Explains Why She Eats Clay
Shailene Woodley has an unusual choice of dish. The star of "The Fault in Our Stars" talked about her clay-eating habit when stopping by "Late Show with David Letterman" on Monday, May 5. "I do eat clay, yeah. Do you?" she asked the show's host David Letterman.
"Clay is one of my favorites because if you look at indigenous cultures around the world, they eat clay almost daily," she said. Woodley also explained that she ordered the edible clay from a company called Mountain Rose Herbs which obtains the material from Colorado. She eats a teaspoon of clay a day in addition to using it as toothpaste.
The "Divergent" actress added that eating clay was good for our body, saying, "Clay binds to other materials in your body and helps your body excrete those materials - that are not necessarily the best for you." Letterman then replied, "Have you heard of Metamucil?"
Woodley next will be seen in "The Fault in Our Stars". Based on a novel of the same name by John Green, the movie tells the story of teenagers who fall in love after taking part in a cancer support group. It hits U.S. theaters on June 6.
- Watch Lana Del Rey Get Cozy With The Weeknd in 'Lust for Life' Video
- Kylie Jenner Is 'Annoyed' That Ariel Winter Keeps Stealing Her Look
- Kris Jenner Wants Her Marriage With Caitlyn to Be Annulled
- The Chainsmokers Hints at Collaboration with BTS
- Super Junior Shows Off Strong Bond After Recent Meet-Up
- Burglar Hits Michael B. Jordan's Home, Walks Off With Cash and Jewelry
- Report: Katy Perry Is Dating Takeoff of Migos
- 'Titanic' Director Is Sued by the 'Real' Jack Dawson