Shailene Woodley Explains Why She Eats Clay
Shailene Woodley has an unusual choice of dish. The star of "The Fault in Our Stars" talked about her clay-eating habit when stopping by "Late Show with David Letterman" on Monday, May 5. "I do eat clay, yeah. Do you?" she asked the show's host David Letterman.
"Clay is one of my favorites because if you look at indigenous cultures around the world, they eat clay almost daily," she said. Woodley also explained that she ordered the edible clay from a company called Mountain Rose Herbs which obtains the material from Colorado. She eats a teaspoon of clay a day in addition to using it as toothpaste.
The "Divergent" actress added that eating clay was good for our body, saying, "Clay binds to other materials in your body and helps your body excrete those materials - that are not necessarily the best for you." Letterman then replied, "Have you heard of Metamucil?"
Woodley next will be seen in "The Fault in Our Stars". Based on a novel of the same name by John Green, the movie tells the story of teenagers who fall in love after taking part in a cancer support group. It hits U.S. theaters on June 6.
- 'Fear the Walking Dead' 3.06 Sneak Peeks: 'More People Will Die'
- Disgusted Kourtney Kardashian Thinks Scott Disick Is 'Using' Bella Thorne
- Keith Urban Celebrates 11th Anniversary With Nicole Kidman: 'You Still Feel Like My Girlfriend'
- 'Transformers: The Last Knight' Tops Box Office, 'Wonder Woman' Sets New Record
- Lil' Kim Is Under Investigation After BET Awards Party House Robbery
- A$AP Rocky Involved in a Fight During Kendrick Lamar's Set at Pre-BET Awards Party
- Netflix Cancels 'Girlboss' After One Season
- BET Awards 2017: Leslie Jones Mocks Amber Rose's 'Bush' Pic, Pokes Fun at Young Rappers' Names