Miley Cyrus Denies She Was Hospitalized Due to Drug Overdose
Miley Cyrus is ready to go back to work after severe allergic reactions to antibiotics put her in hospital for two weeks. The twerking singer talked about her preparation to continue her "Bangerz" tour and addressed drug overdose rumors during a press conference at the O2 arena in London on Tuesday, May 6.
"I'm the poster child for good health," Cyrus told media, as quoted by PEOPLE. "You have no idea how ready I am. There is nothing I would rather not do than lay in a bed for two weeks. It was the most miserable two weeks of my life."
The former "Hannah Montana" star also used the opportunity to address rumors suggesting that she was hospitalized for drug overdose. "I didn't have a drug overdose. I took some sh***y antibiotics that a doctor gave me for a sinus infection and I had a reaction," she explained. The "Wrecking Ball" singer also shared that she felt "better than ever" after the hospital stay, adding, "I'm on this crazy vitamin rush and crazy honey and lavender. I learned a lot about taking care of yourself."
"I'm probably the only one on this tour who doesn't drink or smoke before a show, as I take this really seriously," she said of resuming the tour. "It's almost like being an athlete being up here, because if someone was f***ed up, they definitely couldn't do my show."
Cyrus was forced to postpone her tour dates due to the allergic reaction to antibiotics. On Saturday, she took to Twitter to announce that she was ready to resume the tour. "so f***ing xxxited to get back on touuuuuuuurrrrrr," she wrote, adding on Sunday, "So f***ing HAPPY to be back on the [Bangerz tour]."
More Miley Cyrus News
- Demi Lovato and Joe Jonas Bring 'Camp Rock' Back to D.C. Concert. See Their Onstage Reunion
- Is Lindsay Lohan Really Pregnant? See Picture of Her Smoking in Sardinia
- Heath Ledger's Dad Blames Son for His Tragic Death: 'It Was Totally His Fault'
- Spidey's Suit Will Have New Abilities in 'Spider-Man: Homecoming'
- Mr. Robot 2.05 Preview: This Is What You Wanted
- JoJo Was Forced to Inject Herself to Lose Weight Fast
- Calvin Harris Is Avoiding Kanye West Collab Amid Taylor Swift Feud
- 'Gilmore Girls: A Year in the Life' Gets First Teaser and Premiere Date