Monica Lewinsky Asks Beyonce to Correct Raunchy Lyrics in 'Partition'
Monica Lewinsky feels the need to give Beyonce Knowles a grammar lesson after her name appears in the singer's raunchy song "Partition". The former White House intern takes issue with the lyrics that say, "He popped all my buttons, and he ripped my blouse/ He Monica Lewinsky'd all on my gown."
In an essay titled "Shame and Survival" for the June edition of Vanity Fair, Lewinsky explains what she thinks is incorrect. "Thanks, Beyonce, but if we're verbing, I think you meant Bill Clinton'd all on my gown, not Monica Lewinsky'd," she says.
It's been nearly two decades since the scandal broke. In the essay, the 40-year-old woman also says that she "deeply" regrets her affair with Clinton. "It's time to burn the beret and bury the blue dress," she tells the magazine.
"It's time to stop tiptoeing around my past - and other people's futures," Lewinsky adds. "I am determined to have a different ending to my story. I've decided, finally, to stick my head above the parapet so that I can take back my narrative and give a purpose to my past. (What this will cost me, I will soon find out.)"
More Beyonce Knowles News
- Director Tim Miller Leaves 'Deadpool 2' Due to Creative Differences
- Wait... What? Is Tiger Woods Saying He Doesn't Regret Cheating on Elin Nordegren?
- Marvel Pulls 'Invincible Iron Man' Cover After Accusations of 'Sexualizing' Its Underage Hero
- No More Sexy Selfies? Kim Kardashian Is Re-Emerging 'More Covered Up' and 'Less Make-Up'
- Drake Hints at Releasing New Music on His 30th Birthday. Get Details on His Celebration
- Blac Chyna Pokes Fun at Her Pregnancy Curves, Compares Herself to a Pokemon
- Amy Adams and Jake Gyllenhaal's Love Turns to Hatred in 'Nocturnal Animals' First Full Trailer
- Jay-Z and Beyonce Are Both Upset With 'Nut Job' Kanye West Following His Rant