Monica Lewinsky Asks Beyonce to Correct Raunchy Lyrics in 'Partition'
Monica Lewinsky feels the need to give Beyonce Knowles a grammar lesson after her name appears in the singer's raunchy song "Partition". The former White House intern takes issue with the lyrics that say, "He popped all my buttons, and he ripped my blouse/ He Monica Lewinsky'd all on my gown."
In an essay titled "Shame and Survival" for the June edition of Vanity Fair, Lewinsky explains what she thinks is incorrect. "Thanks, Beyonce, but if we're verbing, I think you meant Bill Clinton'd all on my gown, not Monica Lewinsky'd," she says.
It's been nearly two decades since the scandal broke. In the essay, the 40-year-old woman also says that she "deeply" regrets her affair with Clinton. "It's time to burn the beret and bury the blue dress," she tells the magazine.
"It's time to stop tiptoeing around my past - and other people's futures," Lewinsky adds. "I am determined to have a different ending to my story. I've decided, finally, to stick my head above the parapet so that I can take back my narrative and give a purpose to my past. (What this will cost me, I will soon find out.)"
More Beyonce Knowles News
- 'Guardians of the Galaxy Vol. 2' Toys Reveal First Look at Kurt Russell's Ego
- Will Kanye West Perform at Pal Donald Trump's Inauguration?
- Fergie Who? Nicole Scherzinger to Replace the Singer in Black Eyed Peas
- Tupac Shakur Biopic 'All Eyez on Me' Is Set to Be Released in Summer
- Kendall Jenner and A$AP Rocky Reignite Dating Rumors After Seen Shopping Together
- Ariana Grande Criticized for Claiming She's the 'Hardest Working 23-Year-Old' on Earth
- Lady GaGa Teases Super Bowl Performance in New Behind-the-Scenes Video
- 'Game of Thrones' Latest Tidbit Reveals This Character's Unlikely Return in Season 7