Monica Lewinsky Asks Beyonce to Correct Raunchy Lyrics in 'Partition'
Monica Lewinsky feels the need to give Beyonce Knowles a grammar lesson after her name appears in the singer's raunchy song "Partition". The former White House intern takes issue with the lyrics that say, "He popped all my buttons, and he ripped my blouse/ He Monica Lewinsky'd all on my gown."
In an essay titled "Shame and Survival" for the June edition of Vanity Fair, Lewinsky explains what she thinks is incorrect. "Thanks, Beyonce, but if we're verbing, I think you meant Bill Clinton'd all on my gown, not Monica Lewinsky'd," she says.
It's been nearly two decades since the scandal broke. In the essay, the 40-year-old woman also says that she "deeply" regrets her affair with Clinton. "It's time to burn the beret and bury the blue dress," she tells the magazine.
"It's time to stop tiptoeing around my past - and other people's futures," Lewinsky adds. "I am determined to have a different ending to my story. I've decided, finally, to stick my head above the parapet so that I can take back my narrative and give a purpose to my past. (What this will cost me, I will soon find out.)"
More Beyonce Knowles News
- Colin Farrell Joins Tim Burton's 'Dumbo' live-Action Movie
- Jay-Z Is Producing a Series About Trayvon Martin
- Pamela Anderson Storms Off TV Set After Being Offended by an Old School Photo
- Mariah Carey Flashes Nipples as She Goes Braless in Skintight Dress
- Selena Gomez Shares Message of Empowerment to High School Students During Surprise Visit
- Animated 'KUWTK' Series Is on the Way
- John Mayer Admits New Single 'Still Feel Like Your Man' Is About Katy Perry
- Selena Gomez Gets Teased About Her Love for Canadian Guys. See Her Reaction