Monica Lewinsky Asks Beyonce to Correct Raunchy Lyrics in 'Partition'
Monica Lewinsky feels the need to give Beyonce Knowles a grammar lesson after her name appears in the singer's raunchy song "Partition". The former White House intern takes issue with the lyrics that say, "He popped all my buttons, and he ripped my blouse/ He Monica Lewinsky'd all on my gown."
In an essay titled "Shame and Survival" for the June edition of Vanity Fair, Lewinsky explains what she thinks is incorrect. "Thanks, Beyonce, but if we're verbing, I think you meant Bill Clinton'd all on my gown, not Monica Lewinsky'd," she says.
It's been nearly two decades since the scandal broke. In the essay, the 40-year-old woman also says that she "deeply" regrets her affair with Clinton. "It's time to burn the beret and bury the blue dress," she tells the magazine.
"It's time to stop tiptoeing around my past - and other people's futures," Lewinsky adds. "I am determined to have a different ending to my story. I've decided, finally, to stick my head above the parapet so that I can take back my narrative and give a purpose to my past. (What this will cost me, I will soon find out.)"
More Beyonce Knowles News
- Kylie Jenner and Tyga Make Out in New Alexander Wang Promo
- Brad Pitt Cancels Red Carpet Appearance Due to 'Family Situation'
- Solange Announces New Album 'A Seat at the Table', Reveals Tracklist
- Viola Davis to Lead All-Female Heist Movie From '12 Years a Slave' Director Steve McQueen
- Nick Jonas Gets Cozy With Bikini Hottie in Hawaii
- Brad Pitt Bails on Movie Screening to Focus on 'Family Situation' Amid Angelina Jolie Divorce
- 'The Strain' Renewed for Fourth and Final Season
- Justin Theroux Slams Media for Thrusting Jennifer Aniston Into Brangelina's Divorce