Another 'Spring Breakers' Movie Officially in the Works
Wild Bunch has announced plans to bring another "Spring Breakers" scene to Cannes Film Festival. However, the Paris-based production company said it wouldn't be a direct sequel to the Harmony Korine film that starred Selena Gomez and Vanessa Hudgens among others.
"Spring Breakers: The Second Coming" will follow an extreme militant Christian group that tries to convert vacationing co-eds. Gomez and the girls may not appear significantly in the second film but references to the film's original characters will be made. "It's not a direct sequel, although there are allusions to some of the characters in the original," Wild Bunch co-founder Vincent Maraval told Screen Daily.
Jonas Akerlund plans to direct the film using a script from "Trainspotting" author Irvine Welsh.
James Franco, who played Alien in the film, had previously hinted that there were talks about another "Spring Breakers" movie but it would be a prequel. "When we were making the movie, there was talk of a prequel. My character and Gucci Mane's character were supposed to have been former friends, so we at one time talked about, 'What was that like? Let's make that movie!' " Franco told MTV. "So there's that. There's a prequel version, or there's the version of Alien's friend or something. I don't know."
- Tiny Harris Fake Facebook Stirs Up Floyd Mayweather, Jr. Affair Rumor
- Michael Bay Has Initial Idea for an R-Rated 'Bumblebee' Spin-Off
- Red Hot Chili Peppers Gets Animated in Bizarre Video for 'Sick Love'
- Mariah Carey's New Boyfriend Bryan Tanaka Admits He's 'Always Had a Thing' for Her
- Arnold Schwarzenegger Promises 'Refreshing' 'Celebrity Apprentice' in New Sneak Peek
- 'Last Tango in Paris' Rape Scene Backlash Is 'Ridiculous,' Says Bernardo Bertolucci
- Jimmy Kimmel's Wife Molly McNearney Is Pregnant With Their Second Child
- 'The Voice' Semifinals Recap: The Top 8 Vying for Spots in the Final 4