Another 'Spring Breakers' Movie Officially in the Works
Wild Bunch has announced plans to bring another "Spring Breakers" scene to Cannes Film Festival. However, the Paris-based production company said it wouldn't be a direct sequel to the Harmony Korine film that starred Selena Gomez and Vanessa Hudgens among others.
"Spring Breakers: The Second Coming" will follow an extreme militant Christian group that tries to convert vacationing co-eds. Gomez and the girls may not appear significantly in the second film but references to the film's original characters will be made. "It's not a direct sequel, although there are allusions to some of the characters in the original," Wild Bunch co-founder Vincent Maraval told Screen Daily.
Jonas Akerlund plans to direct the film using a script from "Trainspotting" author Irvine Welsh.
James Franco, who played Alien in the film, had previously hinted that there were talks about another "Spring Breakers" movie but it would be a prequel. "When we were making the movie, there was talk of a prequel. My character and Gucci Mane's character were supposed to have been former friends, so we at one time talked about, 'What was that like? Let's make that movie!' " Franco told MTV. "So there's that. There's a prequel version, or there's the version of Alien's friend or something. I don't know."
- 'Supernatural' Casts David Haydn-Jones as a Mysterious Character
- Lin-Manuel Miranda Releases Tribute Rap for 'The West Wing'
- Kim Kardashian, Kylie and Kendall Jenner Dolled Up for 'Ocean's Eight' Cameo Filming
- Amanda Seyfried Dishes on Upcoming Low-Key Wedding to Thomas Sadoski
- Harley Quinn Might Appear on 'Gotham' Earlier Than Expected
- Soulja Boy Takes a Shot at Chris Brown, 50 Cent, Mike Tyson on New Song 'Stop Playing with Me'
- Is Tina Fey Making 'Mean Girls 2' Without Lindsay Lohan?
- Lady GaGa Builds a Dance Floor in Her Backyard, Shares Crazy Idea for Super Bowl Performance