Another 'Spring Breakers' Movie Officially in the Works
Wild Bunch has announced plans to bring another "Spring Breakers" scene to Cannes Film Festival. However, the Paris-based production company said it wouldn't be a direct sequel to the Harmony Korine film that starred Selena Gomez and Vanessa Hudgens among others.
"Spring Breakers: The Second Coming" will follow an extreme militant Christian group that tries to convert vacationing co-eds. Gomez and the girls may not appear significantly in the second film but references to the film's original characters will be made. "It's not a direct sequel, although there are allusions to some of the characters in the original," Wild Bunch co-founder Vincent Maraval told Screen Daily.
Jonas Akerlund plans to direct the film using a script from "Trainspotting" author Irvine Welsh.
James Franco, who played Alien in the film, had previously hinted that there were talks about another "Spring Breakers" movie but it would be a prequel. "When we were making the movie, there was talk of a prequel. My character and Gucci Mane's character were supposed to have been former friends, so we at one time talked about, 'What was that like? Let's make that movie!' " Franco told MTV. "So there's that. There's a prequel version, or there's the version of Alien's friend or something. I don't know."
- Donald Trump Has His Own Porn Video Despite Bashing Alicia Machado for Her Sex Tape
- 'Criminal Minds' Finds Thomas Gibson's Replacement, John Legend Lands 'Underground' Role
- Kim Kardashian Pays Tribute to Late Dad With Throwback Video on His Death Anniversary
- Colin Trevorrow Says 'Jurassic World 2' Will Have More Scares and Animatronic Dinosaurs
- Nicole Kidman Says She Was Too Young When She Married Tom Cruise
- Watch Trailer for 30 Seconds to Mars' 'Camp Mars: The Concert Film'
- Britney Spears Sucks Helium and Hilariously Sings a Taylor Swift Hit
- 'Twin Peaks' Debuts Extended Chilling Teaser Featuring Familiar Tune