Another 'Spring Breakers' Movie Officially in the Works
Wild Bunch has announced plans to bring another "Spring Breakers" scene to Cannes Film Festival. However, the Paris-based production company said it wouldn't be a direct sequel to the Harmony Korine film that starred Selena Gomez and Vanessa Hudgens among others.
"Spring Breakers: The Second Coming" will follow an extreme militant Christian group that tries to convert vacationing co-eds. Gomez and the girls may not appear significantly in the second film but references to the film's original characters will be made. "It's not a direct sequel, although there are allusions to some of the characters in the original," Wild Bunch co-founder Vincent Maraval told Screen Daily.
Jonas Akerlund plans to direct the film using a script from "Trainspotting" author Irvine Welsh.
James Franco, who played Alien in the film, had previously hinted that there were talks about another "Spring Breakers" movie but it would be a prequel. "When we were making the movie, there was talk of a prequel. My character and Gucci Mane's character were supposed to have been former friends, so we at one time talked about, 'What was that like? Let's make that movie!' " Franco told MTV. "So there's that. There's a prequel version, or there's the version of Alien's friend or something. I don't know."
- Despite Chipped Tooth and Skin Rash, Kim Kardashian Has Lots of Fun at Las Vegas Party
- Comic-Con: Brie Larson Officially Named Captain Marvel
- Comic-Con: 'The Vampire Diaries' Announced to End With Season 8. How Fans React?
- After Breaking Down on Stage, Selena Gomez Posts Cryptic Message on Instagram
- Comic-Con: 'Game of Thrones' Teases Season 7 With Production Video
- 'Kong: Skull Island' Poster Reveals First Look at the Beastly King
- Amber Rose Defends Kanye West Amid Taylor Swift Feud, but Begs Him to 'Stay out of the News'
- Comic-Con: Check Out 'The Walking Dead' Season 7 and 'Fear the Walking Dead' Season 2B Trailers