Rihanna Leaves Def Jam, Signs With Jay-Z's Roc Nation
After putting out seven successful albums and releasing a number of hit singles under Def Jam Records, Rihanna decided to part ways with the label. The Bajan singer has now officially signed with Jay-Z's Roc Nation.
Rihanna, who has been managed by Roc Nation since 2010, is now listed as an official artist on the label's website. She joins the likes of Calvin Harris, DJ Mustard, J. Cole, Jay Electronica, Rita Ora and Jay-Z himself.
Meanwhile, Def Jam's website now lists Rihanna under its "Legacy" section, along with musician like Amerie, Ashanti and Public Enemy.
While the 25-year-old songstress is now technically a Roc Nation artist, Def Jam will still help market, promote and distribute her music. Billboard reported that Def Jam recently met with the singer to discuss her plans, while an official announcement on her next album is expected to be made "soon."
Rihanna and Jay-Z are no strangers to working together. RiRi joined Def Jam in 2005, when Hova was still the label's president. The two superstars have also collaborated on some tracks including the Grammy Award-winning "Umbrella".
More Rihanna News
- Taylor Kinney Gives Lady GaGa 'Ultimatum' as She's Still Undecided About Wedding Details
- Kim Kardashian Steals the Show at Scott Disick's Birthday Party With Her Barely-There Lace Dress
- Proud Papa Chris Brown Shares Cute Pictures of Royalty to Celebrate Her Birthday
- Amanda Holden Poses Naked for Charity. See the Racy Pic!
- Bruno Mars Is Readying a New Album for November
- Mariah Carey's Diva Antics: She Has Her Glam Team Work on Her While She Sleeps
- Kim Kardashian Kicks Kanye West Out of Their Bel Air House. Why?
- Watch Andrew Lincoln and Norman Reedus Envision Lighter 'Walking Dead' in NBC's Red Nose Day Special