Rihanna Leaves Def Jam, Signs With Jay-Z's Roc Nation
After putting out seven successful albums and releasing a number of hit singles under Def Jam Records, Rihanna decided to part ways with the label. The Bajan singer has now officially signed with Jay-Z's Roc Nation.
Rihanna, who has been managed by Roc Nation since 2010, is now listed as an official artist on the label's website. She joins the likes of Calvin Harris, DJ Mustard, J. Cole, Jay Electronica, Rita Ora and Jay-Z himself.
Meanwhile, Def Jam's website now lists Rihanna under its "Legacy" section, along with musician like Amerie, Ashanti and Public Enemy.
While the 25-year-old songstress is now technically a Roc Nation artist, Def Jam will still help market, promote and distribute her music. Billboard reported that Def Jam recently met with the singer to discuss her plans, while an official announcement on her next album is expected to be made "soon."
Rihanna and Jay-Z are no strangers to working together. RiRi joined Def Jam in 2005, when Hova was still the label's president. The two superstars have also collaborated on some tracks including the Grammy Award-winning "Umbrella".
More Rihanna News
- Pressed About Gay Cover-Up Rumor, Here's How Will Smith Reacts
- Bryan Singer Confirms 'Legion' Will 'Relate' to Future 'X-Men' Movies
- Demi Lovato's Reportedly Dating UFC's Luke Rockhold
- Do You Ever Find Group Chat Annoying? Kerry Washington Perfectly Portrays It in Fake Movie Trailer
- Ellie Goulding Releases 'Still Falling for You' Video From 'Bridget Jones's Baby'
- So, This Is Apparently Why Jennifer Lopez Broke Up With Casper Smart
- Helen Mirren in Talks to Join New 'Nutcracker' Movie, Sarah Paulson Eying a Role in 'Ocean's Eight'
- Young Thug's 'No, My Name Is Jeffery' Album Cover Sparks Hilarious Memes