Rihanna Leaves Def Jam, Signs With Jay-Z's Roc Nation
After putting out seven successful albums and releasing a number of hit singles under Def Jam Records, Rihanna decided to part ways with the label. The Bajan singer has now officially signed with Jay-Z's Roc Nation.
Rihanna, who has been managed by Roc Nation since 2010, is now listed as an official artist on the label's website. She joins the likes of Calvin Harris, DJ Mustard, J. Cole, Jay Electronica, Rita Ora and Jay-Z himself.
Meanwhile, Def Jam's website now lists Rihanna under its "Legacy" section, along with musician like Amerie, Ashanti and Public Enemy.
While the 25-year-old songstress is now technically a Roc Nation artist, Def Jam will still help market, promote and distribute her music. Billboard reported that Def Jam recently met with the singer to discuss her plans, while an official announcement on her next album is expected to be made "soon."
Rihanna and Jay-Z are no strangers to working together. RiRi joined Def Jam in 2005, when Hova was still the label's president. The two superstars have also collaborated on some tracks including the Grammy Award-winning "Umbrella".
More Rihanna News
- Fifth Harmony's Ally Brooke Falls After Ambushed by Fan on Stage
- Blake Lively and Ryan Reynolds Welcome Their Second Child
- Producer Says Daniel Craig Is Still the 'First Choice' for Next James Bond Movie
- All One Directioners, Except Zayn Malik, Congratulate Niall Horan on His First Solo Single
- Megan Fox Steps Out for First Time Since Giving Birth to Her Third Child
- Amber Rose Says Julianne Hough Body Shamed Her With Her 'DWTS' Comment
- 'Wonder Woman' Writer Confirms Diana Prince Is 'Obviously' Bisexual
- Tyga May Have His Mom's Car Repossessed