Rihanna Leaves Def Jam, Signs With Jay-Z's Roc Nation
After putting out seven successful albums and releasing a number of hit singles under Def Jam Records, Rihanna decided to part ways with the label. The Bajan singer has now officially signed with Jay-Z's Roc Nation.
Rihanna, who has been managed by Roc Nation since 2010, is now listed as an official artist on the label's website. She joins the likes of Calvin Harris, DJ Mustard, J. Cole, Jay Electronica, Rita Ora and Jay-Z himself.
Meanwhile, Def Jam's website now lists Rihanna under its "Legacy" section, along with musician like Amerie, Ashanti and Public Enemy.
While the 25-year-old songstress is now technically a Roc Nation artist, Def Jam will still help market, promote and distribute her music. Billboard reported that Def Jam recently met with the singer to discuss her plans, while an official announcement on her next album is expected to be made "soon."
Rihanna and Jay-Z are no strangers to working together. RiRi joined Def Jam in 2005, when Hova was still the label's president. The two superstars have also collaborated on some tracks including the Grammy Award-winning "Umbrella".
More Rihanna News
- Keke Palmer Blames the World for 'Ugly' Kylie Jenner's Drastic Transformation
- Britney Spears Mispronounces Tinashe's Name During Onstage Performance
- Tegan and Sara Release 'Miami Vice'-Inspired 'Dying to Know' Video
- Seth Meyers Will End 2016 With Jennifer Lawrence, Arnold Schwarzenegger and More
- Liam Payne Blasts Louis Walsh for Dissing His Pregnant Girlfriend Cheryl
- Demi Moore Annoys Mila Kunis for 'Butting in' After Birth of Her Son With Ashton Kutcher
- Get Sneak Peeks of Daredevil and Jessica Jones' Encounter in New 'Defenders' Set Photos
- Find Out Liam Payne's Big Plan to Propose to Pregnant Girlfriend Cheryl