'Orange Is the New Black' and 'Salem' Score Renewals
Good news is coming for Netflix's "Orange Is the New Black" and WGN America's "Salem". Both shows have received new season orders from respective network which will bring them back for a 13-episode season 3 and a 13-episode season 2 respectively.
"Orange Is the New Black" scores the early renewal even before its second season bows on June 6. This comes hot on heels of the show's win at the 25th annual GLAAD Media Awards on Saturday, May 3, where it was named Outstanding Comedy Series.
Star Laura Prepon broke the news by posting on Instagram a picture of possible titles for season 3. "It's official!! Season 3!! #oitnb#alexvause#backtothebighouse," she wrote in the caption.
"Salem", meanwhile, is WGN America's first original scripted series. It debuted stong to 3.4 million total viewers and 1.5 million among the key adults 18-49 demographic when factoring in seven days of DVR. Production for the sophomore season is scheduled to begin later this year for a 2015 premiere.
"At WGN America, we are committed to delivering compelling, brand-defining programming rich with fascinating characters and 'Salem' has done just that," says Matt Cherniss, president and general manager at WGN America and Tribune Studios. "Brannon Braga, Adam Simon, the talented cast and our great partners at Fox 21 have opened up an intriguing world that has captivated viewers."
Co-creator Braga adds, "I could not be more thrilled or more proud of our cast, writers and crew who made this show come alive. The fans have been fantastic and we plan to continue keeping them on the edge of their seats."
- 'Supernatural' Casts David Haydn-Jones as a Mysterious Character
- Lin-Manuel Miranda Releases Tribute Rap for 'The West Wing'
- Kim Kardashian, Kylie and Kendall Jenner Dolled Up for 'Ocean's Eight' Cameo Filming
- Amanda Seyfried Dishes on Upcoming Low-Key Wedding to Thomas Sadoski
- Harley Quinn Might Appear on 'Gotham' Earlier Than Expected
- Soulja Boy Takes a Shot at Chris Brown, 50 Cent, Mike Tyson on New Song 'Stop Playing with Me'
- Is Tina Fey Making 'Mean Girls 2' Without Lindsay Lohan?
- Lady GaGa Builds a Dance Floor in Her Backyard, Shares Crazy Idea for Super Bowl Performance