Shailene Woodley Thinks Feminism Is to Take Men Away From Power
Shailene Woodley joins the rank of celebrities who don't seem to understand what feminism really is. Instead of seeing it as a movement to give women an equal opportunity as men, the "Divergent" star thinks it's an effort to bring down the male gender.
When asked in an interview with TIME if she considers herself a feminist, "The Fault in Our Stars" actress says, "No because I love men, and I think the idea of 'raise women to power, take the men away from the power' is never going to work out because you need balance."
"With myself, I'm very in touch with my masculine side. And I'm 50 percent feminine and 50 percent masculine, same as I think a lot of us are. And I think that is important to note. And also I think that if men went down and women rose to power, that wouldn't work either. We have to have a fine balance."
"My biggest thing is really sisterhood more than feminism," she continues. "I don't know how we as women expect men to respect us because we don't even seem to respect each other. There's so much jealousy, so much comparison and envy. And 'This girl did this to me and that girl did that to me.' And it's just so silly and heartbreaking in a way."
She adds, "There's that new Judd Apatow [sic] movie coming out, 'The Other Woman', and that looks really good because I think it's really neat that it shows women coming together and supporting each other and creating a sisterhood of support for one another versus hating each other for something that somebody else created."
- 'Guardians of the Galaxy Vol. 2' Toys Reveal First Look at Kurt Russell's Ego
- Will Kanye West Perform at Pal Donald Trump's Inauguration?
- Fergie Who? Nicole Scherzinger to Replace the Singer in Black Eyed Peas
- Tupac Shakur Biopic 'All Eyez on Me' Is Set to Be Released in Summer
- Kendall Jenner and A$AP Rocky Reignite Dating Rumors After Seen Shopping Together
- Ariana Grande Criticized for Claiming She's the 'Hardest Working 23-Year-Old' on Earth
- Lady GaGa Teases Super Bowl Performance in New Behind-the-Scenes Video
- 'Game of Thrones' Latest Tidbit Reveals This Character's Unlikely Return in Season 7