Shailene Woodley Thinks Feminism Is to Take Men Away From Power
Shailene Woodley joins the rank of celebrities who don't seem to understand what feminism really is. Instead of seeing it as a movement to give women an equal opportunity as men, the "Divergent" star thinks it's an effort to bring down the male gender.
When asked in an interview with TIME if she considers herself a feminist, "The Fault in Our Stars" actress says, "No because I love men, and I think the idea of 'raise women to power, take the men away from the power' is never going to work out because you need balance."
"With myself, I'm very in touch with my masculine side. And I'm 50 percent feminine and 50 percent masculine, same as I think a lot of us are. And I think that is important to note. And also I think that if men went down and women rose to power, that wouldn't work either. We have to have a fine balance."
"My biggest thing is really sisterhood more than feminism," she continues. "I don't know how we as women expect men to respect us because we don't even seem to respect each other. There's so much jealousy, so much comparison and envy. And 'This girl did this to me and that girl did that to me.' And it's just so silly and heartbreaking in a way."
She adds, "There's that new Judd Apatow [sic] movie coming out, 'The Other Woman', and that looks really good because I think it's really neat that it shows women coming together and supporting each other and creating a sisterhood of support for one another versus hating each other for something that somebody else created."
- Watch a Preview of Halsey and Lauren Jauregui's 'Strangers' Video
- Beyonce Channels Michael Jackson in Throwback Photos
- Blac Chyna Licks Christina Milian's Boob in NSFW Pic
- Selena Gomez Spotted Lip Syncing to The Weeknd's Songs at His Show in Toronto
- Orlando Bloom's Naked Photo Is Spread All Over Hollywood
- Miley Cyrus and Liam Hemsworth Are Reportedly Trying for Twins
- Kim Kardashian Is Jealous of Kourtney's Banging Bikini Body
- From Jail to Cannes! 'Hot Felon' Jeremy Meeks Partying With Nicki Minaj at amfAR Gala