FOX's Batman Prequel 'Gotham' Gets Series Order and First Official Trailer
FOX has officially given a greenlight to Batman prequel series "Gotham". The network announced the series pick-up on Monday, May 5 and unleashed the first trailer for the new show during the premiere of limited series "24: Live Another Day".
The video shows the murder of young Bruce Wayne's parents "that will change everything." Introducing Benjamin McKenzie's Detective James Gordon, his mentor Detective Harvey Bullock (Donal Logue) and the young Bruce Wayne (David Mazouz), it also includes a glimpse of characters who will be the future Catwoman, Penguin, Poison Ivy and Ridler. Jada Pinkett Smith's Fish Mooney is also featured in the snippet.
From "The Mentalist" creator Bruno Heller, "Gotham" follows Det. Gordon's turbulent and singular rise through the Gotham City police department and focus on the unlikely friendship Gordon forms with the young heir to the Wayne fortune. It is a friendship that will last them all of their lives, playing a crucial role in helping the young boy eventually become the crusader he's destined to be.
Premiere date for the show is yet to be announced. It's reported that FOX ordered "at least" 13 episodes of the new series.
More Gotham News
- Viola Davis to Lead All-Female Heist Movie From '12 Years a Slave' Director Steve McQueen
- Nick Jonas Gets Cozy With Bikini Hottie in Hawaii
- Brad Pitt Bails on Movie Screening to Focus on 'Family Situation' Amid Angelina Jolie Divorce
- 'The Strain' Renewed for Fourth and Final Season
- Justin Theroux Slams Media for Thrusting Jennifer Aniston Into Brangelina's Divorce
- Gigi Hadid on Fighting Off Her Attacker in Milan: 'I Felt I Was in Danger'
- Video Premiere: Hailee Steinfeld's 'Starving' Ft. Zedd
- Brody Jenner Throws Tantrum After Getting Kicked Off Hotel