FOX's Batman Prequel 'Gotham' Gets Series Order and First Official Trailer
FOX has officially given a greenlight to Batman prequel series "Gotham". The network announced the series pick-up on Monday, May 5 and unleashed the first trailer for the new show during the premiere of limited series "24: Live Another Day".
The video shows the murder of young Bruce Wayne's parents "that will change everything." Introducing Benjamin McKenzie's Detective James Gordon, his mentor Detective Harvey Bullock (Donal Logue) and the young Bruce Wayne (David Mazouz), it also includes a glimpse of characters who will be the future Catwoman, Penguin, Poison Ivy and Ridler. Jada Pinkett Smith's Fish Mooney is also featured in the snippet.
From "The Mentalist" creator Bruno Heller, "Gotham" follows Det. Gordon's turbulent and singular rise through the Gotham City police department and focus on the unlikely friendship Gordon forms with the young heir to the Wayne fortune. It is a friendship that will last them all of their lives, playing a crucial role in helping the young boy eventually become the crusader he's destined to be.
Premiere date for the show is yet to be announced. It's reported that FOX ordered "at least" 13 episodes of the new series.
More Gotham News
- Johnny Depp Wasn't Even Near Amber Heard When He Allegedly Hit Her, Witnesses Say
- Is Olivia Culpo Dating Danny Amendola? Here's the Proof
- Brad Pitt Reportedly Worries About 'Anorexic' and 'Fragile' Angelina Jolie
- Dan Aykroyd on Why 'Ghostbusters' Reboot Is Worth Watching: It Has More Laughs and More Scares
- Gwen Stefani Releases Fashionable 'Misery' Music Video
- Harambe the Gorilla Shooting Sparks Outrage Among Hollywood Stars
- Brooklyn Beckham Flaunting His Abs in This Shirtless Selfie Will Make You Drool
- 'Game of Thrones': George R. R. Martin Reveals Brienne's Backstory