FOX's Batman Prequel 'Gotham' Gets Series Order and First Official Trailer
FOX has officially given a greenlight to Batman prequel series "Gotham". The network announced the series pick-up on Monday, May 5 and unleashed the first trailer for the new show during the premiere of limited series "24: Live Another Day".
The video shows the murder of young Bruce Wayne's parents "that will change everything." Introducing Benjamin McKenzie's Detective James Gordon, his mentor Detective Harvey Bullock (Donal Logue) and the young Bruce Wayne (David Mazouz), it also includes a glimpse of characters who will be the future Catwoman, Penguin, Poison Ivy and Ridler. Jada Pinkett Smith's Fish Mooney is also featured in the snippet.
From "The Mentalist" creator Bruno Heller, "Gotham" follows Det. Gordon's turbulent and singular rise through the Gotham City police department and focus on the unlikely friendship Gordon forms with the young heir to the Wayne fortune. It is a friendship that will last them all of their lives, playing a crucial role in helping the young boy eventually become the crusader he's destined to be.
Premiere date for the show is yet to be announced. It's reported that FOX ordered "at least" 13 episodes of the new series.
- Bob Dylan Called 'Arrogant' for Ignoring Nobel Prize Win
- 'Doctor Strange' Star Tilda Swinton Wants Her Own Marvel Movie
- Jay-Z Makes History as Nominee for 2017 Songwriters Hall of Fame
- Police Called to Larsa and Scottie Pippen's House Before Divorce Announcement
- Did Madonna Just Clap Back at Lady GaGa With This Meme?
- Leonardo DiCaprio to Play the Man Who Invented Rock and Roll in Sam Phillips Biopic
- Brad Pitt and Angelina Jolie to Sell Their Chateau Miraval in France Amid Divorce
- Director Tim Miller Leaves 'Deadpool 2' Due to Creative Differences