FOX's Batman Prequel 'Gotham' Gets Series Order and First Official Trailer
FOX has officially given a greenlight to Batman prequel series "Gotham". The network announced the series pick-up on Monday, May 5 and unleashed the first trailer for the new show during the premiere of limited series "24: Live Another Day".
The video shows the murder of young Bruce Wayne's parents "that will change everything." Introducing Benjamin McKenzie's Detective James Gordon, his mentor Detective Harvey Bullock (Donal Logue) and the young Bruce Wayne (David Mazouz), it also includes a glimpse of characters who will be the future Catwoman, Penguin, Poison Ivy and Ridler. Jada Pinkett Smith's Fish Mooney is also featured in the snippet.
From "The Mentalist" creator Bruno Heller, "Gotham" follows Det. Gordon's turbulent and singular rise through the Gotham City police department and focus on the unlikely friendship Gordon forms with the young heir to the Wayne fortune. It is a friendship that will last them all of their lives, playing a crucial role in helping the young boy eventually become the crusader he's destined to be.
Premiere date for the show is yet to be announced. It's reported that FOX ordered "at least" 13 episodes of the new series.
More Gotham News
- 'The Bachelorette': JoJo Picks Final Two After Ruining a Suitor's Fantasy Suite Date
- Justin Bieber and Cody Simpson's Unreleased Song 'Stay Together' Surfaces Online
- 'He's a Dirty Dog!' Sharon Osbourne Blasts Ozzy for Comments on Their Marriage
- Katharine McPhee and Boyfriend Elyes Gabel Call It Quits After Two Years
- Demi Lovato Speaks on Mental Illness, Performs 'Confident' at DNC Opening Night
- Lindsay Lohan Responds to Relationship Drama After Accusing Fiance of Strangling Her
- Britney Spears, U2, Drake, Ariana Grande Lead an Amazing 2016 iHeartRadio Music Festival Line-Up
- Kylie Jenner Launches Kyshadow Collection