Lisa Kudrow's 'The Comeback' Officially Returning to HBO
HBO has officially announced the return of "The Comeback". The cult comedy starring Lisa Kudrow, which was canceled after only a 13-episode run in 2005, will be back for a 6-episode limited series to air in fall.
"It was almost too fun [to] play Valerie Cherish the first time around," Kudrow says in a statement. "I look forward to revisiting this resilient and ironically self-unaware character."
HBO program chief Michael Lombardo also states, "The Comeback holds a special place in the hearts of its many fans, including many of us here at HBO. I can't wait to find out what Valerie's been up to since we last met."
Michael Patrick King, who co-created the series with Kudrow, adds, "I'm so excited to be working with Valerie Cherish again. It's great to be able to continue her story and I'm thrilled to have 'The Comeback' come back to HBO, where it all started."
The comedy series follows Kudrow's Valerie Cherish, a D-grade actress whose effort in making a career comeback is filmed in a fake reality show also titled "The Comeback".
According to HBO, "in the new episodes, Valerie continues her search to attain the spotlight, but this time around, it illuminates a whole new series of problems when she achieves the visibility she wants."
In addition to Kudrow, Dan Bucatinsky, Lance Barber, Robert Michael Morris, Laura Silverman and Damian Young are confirmed to reprise their respective role. King, Kudrow and Bucatinsky also executive produce the limited series, which will begin production later this month.
- Calvin Harris Takes a Dig at Taylor Swift in 'My Way' Video
- 'Rambo' Gets 'New Blood' Remake Without Sylvester Stallone
- Listen to Alessia Cara's 'Moana' Song 'How Far I'll Go'
- Jennifer Lawrence Nude Photo Hacker Sentenced to 18 Months in Jail
- Kid Cudi Reacts to Drake's Diss Track: 'Say It to My Face, P*ssy'
- First Look at New Xenomorphs in 'Alien: Covenant' Leaks
- Alec Baldwin Accused of Tax Evasion
- John Mayer Names His New Album 'The Search for Everything'