Lisa Kudrow's 'The Comeback' Officially Returning to HBO
HBO has officially announced the return of "The Comeback". The cult comedy starring Lisa Kudrow, which was canceled after only a 13-episode run in 2005, will be back for a 6-episode limited series to air in fall.
"It was almost too fun [to] play Valerie Cherish the first time around," Kudrow says in a statement. "I look forward to revisiting this resilient and ironically self-unaware character."
HBO program chief Michael Lombardo also states, "The Comeback holds a special place in the hearts of its many fans, including many of us here at HBO. I can't wait to find out what Valerie's been up to since we last met."
Michael Patrick King, who co-created the series with Kudrow, adds, "I'm so excited to be working with Valerie Cherish again. It's great to be able to continue her story and I'm thrilled to have 'The Comeback' come back to HBO, where it all started."
The comedy series follows Kudrow's Valerie Cherish, a D-grade actress whose effort in making a career comeback is filmed in a fake reality show also titled "The Comeback".
According to HBO, "in the new episodes, Valerie continues her search to attain the spotlight, but this time around, it illuminates a whole new series of problems when she achieves the visibility she wants."
In addition to Kudrow, Dan Bucatinsky, Lance Barber, Robert Michael Morris, Laura Silverman and Damian Young are confirmed to reprise their respective role. King, Kudrow and Bucatinsky also executive produce the limited series, which will begin production later this month.
- Watch Charlie Puth's Sexy Music Video for 'Attention'
- Real-Life Vigilante! Tom Hardy Goes Into 'Superhero Mode' to Take Down a Thief
- Watch First Footage of ABC's 'Dirty Dancing' Remake
- Rihanna on Kylie Jenner and Travis Scott's Romance: She Thinks It's 'Tasteless'
- Lee Sung Kyung and Nam Joo Hyuk Are Reportedly Dating
- Jenna Dewan Reportedly Joins Channing Tatum at 'Magic Mike Live' Premiere Due to Trust Issues
- Watch Preview of Ty Dolla $ign and Lil Yachty's Collaboration for 'Beach House 3'
- George and Amal Clooney Reportedly to Spend Over $1 M on a Royal-Like Delivery Experience