Matt Damon Is Open to Reprise Jason Bourne
Matt Damon is not over Jason Bourne. The actor revealed that he was open to reprise his famous role if Paul Greengrass was back as the director and the right screenplay came along.
Damon made his last big screen appearance as Bourne in 2007's "The Bourne Ultimatum". The "Bourne" franchise had moved on without both Damon and Greengrass with Jeremy Renner playing a new character in Tony Gilroy-directed "The Bourne Legacy". Meanwhile, Damon and Greengrass reteamed for thriller "Green Zone" in 2009.
Damon reiterated what he had been saying for years regarding returning to "Bourne" films. "I've always been open to it if Paul Greengrass is the director," the actor told CNBC. "We've just never been able to come up with a story... It felt like such a good way to end it last time. Having said that, I love that character. I'd love to see what happened to him."
Damon also encouraged fans to pitch in their ideas for the new "Bourne" film. "[I]f any of your viewers have a story," he said, "please call Universal and submit it."
It was reported last August that Universal was developing a fifth "Bourne" movie with Renner on board. However, it was not clear back then whether Gilroy was also attached. The not-yet-titled project is slated for a 2015 release.
More Matt Damon News
- Kylie Jenner Wraps Her Body With Real Snake in Sneak Peek of Sexy 2017 Calendar
- Lady GaGa Shares Kindness With the Help of Taylor Kinney and Her Mom
- Shia LaBeouf Unleashes New Freestyle in Response to Soulja Boy's Threats
- Nicki Minaj Gets Heavily Criticized for Making Fun of Mentally Ill Woman
- 'The Mummy' Director on Whether Tom Cruise's Character Dies in the First Trailer
- 'Westworld' Showrunners Address Evil Dolores and Ford's Fate
- Justin Bieber Announces 2017 U.S. Stadium Tour Dates
- Blac Chyna Seems to Diss Kylie Jenner and Tyga on Snapchat. Is This Khloe's Response?