Matt Damon Is Open to Reprise Jason Bourne
Matt Damon is not over Jason Bourne. The actor revealed that he was open to reprise his famous role if Paul Greengrass was back as the director and the right screenplay came along.
Damon made his last big screen appearance as Bourne in 2007's "The Bourne Ultimatum". The "Bourne" franchise had moved on without both Damon and Greengrass with Jeremy Renner playing a new character in Tony Gilroy-directed "The Bourne Legacy". Meanwhile, Damon and Greengrass reteamed for thriller "Green Zone" in 2009.
Damon reiterated what he had been saying for years regarding returning to "Bourne" films. "I've always been open to it if Paul Greengrass is the director," the actor told CNBC. "We've just never been able to come up with a story... It felt like such a good way to end it last time. Having said that, I love that character. I'd love to see what happened to him."
Damon also encouraged fans to pitch in their ideas for the new "Bourne" film. "[I]f any of your viewers have a story," he said, "please call Universal and submit it."
It was reported last August that Universal was developing a fifth "Bourne" movie with Renner on board. However, it was not clear back then whether Gilroy was also attached. The not-yet-titled project is slated for a 2015 release.
More Matt Damon News
- Watch Ed Sheeran Adorably Crash Katy Perry's Interview
- Neil Gaiman's 'American Gods' Finally Has Premiere Date
- 'Their Finest' New Trailer Conveys Warmth Amid WWII
- First Trailer for Netflix's 'Burning Sands' Features Black Fraternity Hazing
- Meghan Trainor Empowers Women on New Song 'I'm a Lady'
- 'Fargo' Murders Santa Claus in First Season 3 Teaser
- Kim Kardashian Suffers Nip Slip in Racy Corset Top
- 'The Walking Dead' Star Slams People Complaining of Racist T-Shirt