January 19, 2017  

Matt Damon Is Open to Reprise Jason Bourne

May 6, 2014 (12:49 am) GMT
The actor is willing to get involved in another 'Bourne' film if Paul Greengrass is attached as the director.
Matt Damon

is not over Jason Bourne. The actor revealed that he was open to reprise his famous role if Paul Greengrass was back as the director and the right screenplay came along.

Damon made his last big screen appearance as Bourne in 2007's "". The "Bourne" franchise had moved on without both Damon and Greengrass with playing a new character in Tony Gilroy-directed "". Meanwhile, Damon and Greengrass reteamed for thriller "" in 2009.

Damon reiterated what he had been saying for years regarding returning to "Bourne" films. "I've always been open to it if Paul Greengrass is the director," the actor told CNBC. "We've just never been able to come up with a story... It felt like such a good way to end it last time. Having said that, I love that character. I'd love to see what happened to him."

Damon also encouraged fans to pitch in their ideas for the new "Bourne" film. "[I]f any of your viewers have a story," he said, "please call Universal and submit it."

It was reported last August that Universal was developing a fifth "Bourne" movie with Renner on board. However, it was not clear back then whether Gilroy was also attached. The not-yet-titled project is slated for a 2015 release.

More Matt Damon News

TODAY'S HEADLINES

  1. Pixar's Video Reveals Mind-Blowing Hidden Easter Eggs Throughout Their Movies
  2. Olivia Munn Reportedly Causes a Rift in Aaron Rodgers' Family
  3. Watch Fifth Harmony and Blake Shelton's Performances at 2017 People's Choice Awards
  4. Taryn Manning Is Not Leaving 'Orange Is the New Black', Despite Report
  5. Zayn Malik Shows Off New 'Love' Tattoo Amid Gigi Hadid Engagement Rumors
  6. Jennifer Lopez Spotted Cozying Up to Drake on Another Date
  7. Is Jared Leto Returning as Joker in New DC Movie?
  8. Listen to Big Sean's New Moody Track 'Halfway Off the Balcony'