'American Idol' Winner Scotty McCreery Robbed at Gunpoint
Scotty McCreery revealed that he was recently robbed at gunpoint. The "American Idol" season 10 winner said it was "definitely a very scary night" but he felt lucky that he and his friends were safe.
The robbery took place on Monday, May 5 before 2 A.M. at a Raleigh, North Carolina residence. Three men broke into the apartment near the campus of North Carolina State University, where McCreery is in his sophomore year. The robbers took wallets, electronics and money during the invasion, Raleigh Police Department investigators said.
The victims were told to remain on the floor and count to 100 before getting up. One of the residents then called 911 to alert the police. "We got robbed. They are all freaked out," the caller told dispatchers. No one was injured in the incident.
"It was definitely a very scary night," McCreery wrote on Facebook. "Luckily, my friends and I are safe and the Raleigh PD is on the case. I will share more when the time is right, but as of now we do not want to do or say anything that could hinder the investigation. Thanks to everyone for the prayers and support. A huge thank you to the Raleigh PD for their quick response and hard work in solving this case."
McCreery's mother told WRAL-TV that the 20-year-old singer traveled to the family's home in his hometown of Garner, N.C., following the incident. Police are working on the descriptions of the suspects.
- Kanye West Robbed, Computers Stolen From His Studio
- 'Transformers: The Last Knight' Announces Big Reveal on May 31
- Dwayne Johnson Hints at Darker Hobbs in 'Fast and Furious 8' Image
- Paul Bettany Defends Johnny Depp Amid Amber Heard's Domestic Violence Accusations
- Khloe, Kourtney Kardashian, Tyga Celebrate Scott Disick's Birthday in Vegas
- Kate Beckinsale: Michael Bay Was Baffled Because 'My Boobs Weren't Bigger Than My Head'
- 'Maze Runner 3' Pushed Back to 2018 as Dylan O'Brien Is Still on the Mend After On-Set Accident
- PND Serenades Kylie Jenner After She Called Him Out for Deleting Her on Social Media