'American Idol' Winner Scotty McCreery Robbed at Gunpoint
Scotty McCreery revealed that he was recently robbed at gunpoint. The "American Idol" season 10 winner said it was "definitely a very scary night" but he felt lucky that he and his friends were safe.
The robbery took place on Monday, May 5 before 2 A.M. at a Raleigh, North Carolina residence. Three men broke into the apartment near the campus of North Carolina State University, where McCreery is in his sophomore year. The robbers took wallets, electronics and money during the invasion, Raleigh Police Department investigators said.
The victims were told to remain on the floor and count to 100 before getting up. One of the residents then called 911 to alert the police. "We got robbed. They are all freaked out," the caller told dispatchers. No one was injured in the incident.
"It was definitely a very scary night," McCreery wrote on Facebook. "Luckily, my friends and I are safe and the Raleigh PD is on the case. I will share more when the time is right, but as of now we do not want to do or say anything that could hinder the investigation. Thanks to everyone for the prayers and support. A huge thank you to the Raleigh PD for their quick response and hard work in solving this case."
McCreery's mother told WRAL-TV that the 20-year-old singer traveled to the family's home in his hometown of Garner, N.C., following the incident. Police are working on the descriptions of the suspects.
- Katy Perry Teases New KP4 Song 'Witness'
- J.Lo and Alex Rodriguez Are Head Over Heels for Each Other
- Kim Kardashian and Kanye West Attend Funeral for His Nephew
- Ed Sheeran Forgets Lyrics During Live Performance
- Watch Second Trailer for 'Justice League'
- Nicki Minaj Teases Music Video for David Guetta's 'Light My Body Up' With On-Set Photo
- Watch Little Mix's Dreamy Cover of Rihanna's 'Love on the Brain'
- 'Walking Dead' Alum Steven Yeun and Wife Joana Pak Share First Photo of Their Newborn Baby