Prince William and Prince Harry Attend Friend's Wedding in Memphis
Prince William and Prince Harry went to Memphis, Tennessee over the weekend to attend their friend's wedding. The members of royal family attended the wedding of their friend Guy Pelly and Elizabeth "Lizzy" Wilson on Saturday, May 3 alongside their cousins Princess Eugenie and Princess Beatrice who are the bride's friends.
As reported by PEOPLE, the wedding was attended by 400 friends and family members. A staffer at the event said that the affair was private and guests were asked not to bring their phones to reception area which was featured with many sofas and tables.
According to the worker, the wedding cake was six tiers high spice cake topped with two white birds whose feathers were edible. The guests also enjoyed meals such as risotto, meat from carving stations and seafood, including fried oysters, catfish and shrimp. They were also served with homemade ice cream for dessert.
Prince William, who enjoyed his time on the dance floor, apparently liked Jimmy Church Band's performance of "Shout" and wanted the group perform in the U.K. "I was surprised with how humble he was, how kind. He thanked me just for giving him my card so he could call us up and have us out," the band's frontman said.
"He loved to dance in a group with all his British friends, but Harry stayed mostly at the bar, very low-key," a source added of Prince William. "He was quietly talking to pals, but it was his brother that was really having fun on the dance floor. People had speculated that Harry might get into some trouble, but the bride's father said something to the effect of 'not on my watch,' but it was all in good fun."
"Harry looked a little bit tired and was yawning over and over. He was also happy to be hanging out with his buddies and was having lots of good laughs as the evening went on," another source told E! News. The princes reportedly left Memphis on Sunday.
More Prince William News
- 'DWTS' Pro Peta Murgatroyd and Maksim Chmerkovskiy Expecting First Child, but Something Upset Them
- Ben Affleck Gives Jennifer Garner 11-Carat Diamond Ahead of Their Anniversary - Is It True?
- Iggy Azalea Teases Collaboration With Zedd After Pushing Back Her Album's Release
- Kanye West Ready to Take Legal Action if Sex Tapes Leak
- Yikes! Kendall and Kylie Jenner Reportedly in 'Bizarre Love Triangle' With Scott Disick
- New 'Luke Cage' Set Photos Reveal Villain Diamondback
- Tom Hanks and Rita Wilson's Marriage Reportedly Crumbles. Here's the Truth
- Prince Hated the Idea of Appearing in a Music Video With Madonna