Artist of the Week: Lana Del Rey
Lana Del Rey recently returned to the game with a new single called "West Coast". The song was released last month as the first single off "Ultraviolence", her highly-anticipated album that she announced late last year.
"West Coast" is a slow-tempo pop and rock ballad with vintage beats that Del Rey co-wrote with Rick Nowels. Produced by The Black Keys' Dan Auerbach, the dark-themed song features maturer vocals from the 27-year-old songstress.
Debuted during Del Rey's set at last month's Coachella, the track received positive reviews from music critics and eventually made its debut within the top 20 on Billboard 100. It has so far peaked at No. 17 on the esteemed chart.
Fans are now hoping for more great songs from Del Rey to be featured in "Ultraviolence". The album, which will come as the follow-up to 2012's "Born to Die", still has no release date. However, Del Rey promised that the new record would be worth the wait.
"It's so good that it made me forget about the last record. I'm in love with it. I have that romantic feeling about it," she said during a chat with her fans earlier this year. She also said similar things to fans in a Q&A on Twitter.
"The record is finished and it's beautiful. And don't worry you will love Ultra - it's so wrong and exquisite," she said. "It is absolutely gorgeous - darker then the first - so dark it's almost unlistenable and wrong. But I love it."
More Lana Del Rey News
- 'True Blood' Alum Stephen Moyer Lands Lead Role on FOX's 'X-Men' Series Pilot
- Mariah Carey's Boobs Almost Spill Out of Her Plunging Dress at Vanity Fair's Oscars Party
- Selena Gomez and The Weeknd Go for a Date Night in Paris as Bella Hadid Parties Just Blocks Away
- Russell Crowe May Portray Cable in 'Deadpool 2'
- Keyshia Cole Punishes Cheating Boyfriend in 'You' Music Video Ft. Remy Ma and French Montana
- Vera Farmiga Set to Star as Millie Bobby Brown's On-Screen Mother in 'Godzilla 2'
- Lorde Teases Upcoming Music With Mysterious Ad
- 'The Voice' Season 12 Premiere: Gwen Stefani Returns as Coach and Wins the First Four-Way Battle