Artist of the Week: Lana Del Rey
Lana Del Rey recently returned to the game with a new single called "West Coast". The song was released last month as the first single off "Ultraviolence", her highly-anticipated album that she announced late last year.
"West Coast" is a slow-tempo pop and rock ballad with vintage beats that Del Rey co-wrote with Rick Nowels. Produced by The Black Keys' Dan Auerbach, the dark-themed song features maturer vocals from the 27-year-old songstress.
Debuted during Del Rey's set at last month's Coachella, the track received positive reviews from music critics and eventually made its debut within the top 20 on Billboard 100. It has so far peaked at No. 17 on the esteemed chart.
Fans are now hoping for more great songs from Del Rey to be featured in "Ultraviolence". The album, which will come as the follow-up to 2012's "Born to Die", still has no release date. However, Del Rey promised that the new record would be worth the wait.
"It's so good that it made me forget about the last record. I'm in love with it. I have that romantic feeling about it," she said during a chat with her fans earlier this year. She also said similar things to fans in a Q&A on Twitter.
"The record is finished and it's beautiful. And don't worry you will love Ultra - it's so wrong and exquisite," she said. "It is absolutely gorgeous - darker then the first - so dark it's almost unlistenable and wrong. But I love it."
- P. Diddy Throws Star-Studded Birthday Party for Girlfriend Cassie
- Kim Kardashian Says Kendall Jenner Is Banned by Uber, the Company Responds
- J Balvin Survives Plane Crash in Bahamas
- Luke Cage Reveals the Downside of Being Bulletproof in First Clip
- Justin Bieber and Sofia Richie Jet Off for Romantic Getaway Ahead of MTV VMAs
- Britney Spears Calls 'Carpool Karaoke' With James Corden 'Awkward'
- Taylor Swift Naked Wax Figure Displayed at Kanye West's 'Famous' Art Exhibit
- Tom Hiddleston's Instagram Gets Hacked