J.J. Abrams Greets and Updates Fans on 'Star Wars' Day
"Star Wars Episode 7" director J.J. Abrams and screenwriter Lawrence Kasdan greeted fans from London on Sunday, May 4 through a selfie video. The duo divulged no hint of the upcoming film but did say that more casting news were imminent.
The short clip was posted to wish fans a happy "Star Wars" day. "We are desperately missing our family in California," Abrams said and Kasdan chimed in, "But we feel very fortunate to be here in London working on the next 'Star Wars' movie."
Last Tuesday, Abrams made a huge announcement by releasing a photo of the cast in one room. Oscar Isaac, Adam Driver, John Boyega, Domhnall Gleeson, Daisy Ridley, Andy Serkis and Max von Sydow were officially unveiled as castmembers in addition to returning Harrison Ford, Mark Hamill, Carrie Fisher, Anthony Daniels, Peter Mayhew and Kenny Baker.
The movie is eying a December 18, 2015 release. THR reported last week that at least one major female role remained open.
- Anne Hathaway's Dress at 'Colossal' Premiere Is So Awkward She Couldn't Sit in It
- Jeremy Renner's Hawkeye May Appear in 'Ant-Man and the Wasp'
- Blac Chyna Believes That Rob Kardashian and Tyga Are Tag Teaming Against Her
- Saucy! Rita Ora Goes Braless as She Flashes Her Nipple Pasties in Sheer Top
- Little Mix Channels Inner Cowgirls in Music Video for 'No More Sad Songs' Ft. Machine Gun Kelly
- A Party Fit for Mother Monster! Get Details of Lady GaGa's Star-Studded Birthday Bash
- Jennifer Lawrence and Darren Aronofsky Are Getting More Serious, Despite Their 22-Year Age Gap
- Listen to Selena Gomez's Moody 'Only You' Cover for '13 Reasons Why'