J.J. Abrams Greets and Updates Fans on 'Star Wars' Day
"Star Wars Episode 7" director J.J. Abrams and screenwriter Lawrence Kasdan greeted fans from London on Sunday, May 4 through a selfie video. The duo divulged no hint of the upcoming film but did say that more casting news were imminent.
The short clip was posted to wish fans a happy "Star Wars" day. "We are desperately missing our family in California," Abrams said and Kasdan chimed in, "But we feel very fortunate to be here in London working on the next 'Star Wars' movie."
Last Tuesday, Abrams made a huge announcement by releasing a photo of the cast in one room. Oscar Isaac, Adam Driver, John Boyega, Domhnall Gleeson, Daisy Ridley, Andy Serkis and Max von Sydow were officially unveiled as castmembers in addition to returning Harrison Ford, Mark Hamill, Carrie Fisher, Anthony Daniels, Peter Mayhew and Kenny Baker.
The movie is eying a December 18, 2015 release. THR reported last week that at least one major female role remained open.
More Star Wars: The Force Awakens News
- Girls' Generation Graces the Cover of W Korea for Their 10th Anniversary
- Kanye West Gives Paralyzed Fan Custom Yeezy Boots
- Beyonce and Jay-Z Hire 18 New Staff for Twin Kids
- Blac Chyna Is Starring in Nicki Minaj's New Music Video
- Ryan Seacrest Is Officially Returning to 'American Idol'
- Eight Times Chrissy Teigen Makes Us ROTFL
- Prince Harry and Meghan Markle May 'Get Married Somewhere Private and Elope'
- O.J. Simpson Could Be Denied Parole After Caught Masturbating in Cell