J.J. Abrams Greets and Updates Fans on 'Star Wars' Day
"Star Wars Episode 7" director J.J. Abrams and screenwriter Lawrence Kasdan greeted fans from London on Sunday, May 4 through a selfie video. The duo divulged no hint of the upcoming film but did say that more casting news were imminent.
The short clip was posted to wish fans a happy "Star Wars" day. "We are desperately missing our family in California," Abrams said and Kasdan chimed in, "But we feel very fortunate to be here in London working on the next 'Star Wars' movie."
Last Tuesday, Abrams made a huge announcement by releasing a photo of the cast in one room. Oscar Isaac, Adam Driver, John Boyega, Domhnall Gleeson, Daisy Ridley, Andy Serkis and Max von Sydow were officially unveiled as castmembers in addition to returning Harrison Ford, Mark Hamill, Carrie Fisher, Anthony Daniels, Peter Mayhew and Kenny Baker.
The movie is eying a December 18, 2015 release. THR reported last week that at least one major female role remained open.
- Lisa Marie Presley's Kids in State Custody After Indecent Child Pics Found on Ex's Computer
- Samuel L. Jackson Hints at Nick Fury's Appearance in 'Captain Marvel'
- Aaron Carter Responds to Racism Accusation After Onstage Brawl
- Angelina Jolie Takes Her 6 Kids to Cambodia Amid Brad Pitt Divorce and Custody Drama
- Zoe Saldana Gives Birth to Baby No. 3 With Marco Perego
- Royal Showdown! Kate Middleton Reportedly Feuding With Meghan Markle
- Camila Cabello Is 'Dying' to Enlist Taylor Swift for Debut Solo Album
- Donald Glover to Play Simba in 'The Lion King' Remake