J.J. Abrams Greets and Updates Fans on 'Star Wars' Day
"Star Wars Episode 7" director J.J. Abrams and screenwriter Lawrence Kasdan greeted fans from London on Sunday, May 4 through a selfie video. The duo divulged no hint of the upcoming film but did say that more casting news were imminent.
The short clip was posted to wish fans a happy "Star Wars" day. "We are desperately missing our family in California," Abrams said and Kasdan chimed in, "But we feel very fortunate to be here in London working on the next 'Star Wars' movie."
Last Tuesday, Abrams made a huge announcement by releasing a photo of the cast in one room. Oscar Isaac, Adam Driver, John Boyega, Domhnall Gleeson, Daisy Ridley, Andy Serkis and Max von Sydow were officially unveiled as castmembers in addition to returning Harrison Ford, Mark Hamill, Carrie Fisher, Anthony Daniels, Peter Mayhew and Kenny Baker.
The movie is eying a December 18, 2015 release. THR reported last week that at least one major female role remained open.
- Silver Sable and Black Cat Movie Rumored to Have Spider-Woman
- Scott Disick Spotted Flirting With Sofia Richie on Yacht in Cannes
- Jaden Smith Accuses Canadian Hotel of Spiking His Food
- Alex Rodriguez Signs Deal With ABC News as Contributor
- Joaquin Phoenix and Diane Kruger Win Best Actor and Actress at Cannes 2017
- Miranda Kerr Marries Snapchat CEO Evan Spiegel in Backyard Ceremony
- 'Logan' Producer Hints at X-23 Solo Movie
- Jamie Foxx Called 'Disrespectful' by Nyle DiMarco for Making Up Sign Language on 'Fallon'