J.J. Abrams Greets and Updates Fans on 'Star Wars' Day
"Star Wars Episode 7" director J.J. Abrams and screenwriter Lawrence Kasdan greeted fans from London on Sunday, May 4 through a selfie video. The duo divulged no hint of the upcoming film but did say that more casting news were imminent.
The short clip was posted to wish fans a happy "Star Wars" day. "We are desperately missing our family in California," Abrams said and Kasdan chimed in, "But we feel very fortunate to be here in London working on the next 'Star Wars' movie."
Last Tuesday, Abrams made a huge announcement by releasing a photo of the cast in one room. Oscar Isaac, Adam Driver, John Boyega, Domhnall Gleeson, Daisy Ridley, Andy Serkis and Max von Sydow were officially unveiled as castmembers in addition to returning Harrison Ford, Mark Hamill, Carrie Fisher, Anthony Daniels, Peter Mayhew and Kenny Baker.
The movie is eying a December 18, 2015 release. THR reported last week that at least one major female role remained open.
More Star Wars: The Force Awakens News
- Find Out How Jaden Smith Tricked His Dad Will Smith Into Letting Him Drink on His Birthday
- Jean-Claude Van Damme Walks Out of TV Interview After Reporter Asks This Question
- Matt Damon Will Take a Break From Acting Next Year
- Kanye West Launches Twitter Rants About Apple and Tidal Beef
- Tyler Posey Clarifies 'I Am Gay' Snapchat Video, Apologizes for Fake Coming Out
- Nick Jonas Offered $2 Million to Perform at RNC
- Director Paul Feig Slams Sony for Deleting 'Ghostbusters' Pro-Hillary Tweet
- 'Game of Thrones' Set to End With Season 8, Spin-Off Plan Confirmed