Coldplay Brings 'Magic' and 'A Sky Full of Stars' to 'SNL'
Coldplay served as a guest performer in the Saturday, May 3 episode of "Saturday Night Live". The British band promoted their "Ghost Stories" by performing two songs off the upcoming album on the NBC comedy show.
Introduced by this week's guest host Andrew Garfield, Chris Martin and his bandmates first graced the stage to treat audience with the live rendition of the anticipated record's lead cut, "Magic".
The band later returned to the stage and sang the energetic "A Sky Full of Stars". At one point during the second performance, Martin showed off some dance moves while showcasing his vocals.
"Ghost Stories" will be the band's first album since 2011's "Mylo Xyloto". In addition to the two songs performed on "SNL", the new record will feature promo single "Midnight" and "Oceans" which the group debuted during their appearance on BBC Radio 1 late last month.
On Saturday's "SNL", Coldplay's frontman Martin didn't only appear as a performer, but he also joined Garfield in one sketch. Garfield and his "The Amazing Spider-Man 2" co-star Emma Stone were scolded for messing up the kissing scene, so the newly-single musician stepped in to show the actor the proper way to kiss.
- Kim Kardashian Endorses Hillary Clinton, Shuts Down Rumor That She Votes for Donald Trump
- Angelina Jolie and Her Kids Move Into Rental House Amid Brad Pitt Divorce
- Find Out the Gender of Olivia Wilde's Second Child With Jason Sudeikis!
- Orlando Bloom and Malin Akerman Have Steamy Threesome on Netflix's 'Easy'
- Megan Hilty and Brian Gallagher Expecting Their Second Child
- Marion Cotillard's Partner Breaks Silence on Brad Pitt Affair Rumors
- Julia Roberts to Play PTA Mom Framed for Drug Possession in True-Story Movie
- Pippa Middleton's Private Photos Stolen After Her iCloud Got Hacked