Coldplay Brings 'Magic' and 'A Sky Full of Stars' to 'SNL'
Coldplay served as a guest performer in the Saturday, May 3 episode of "Saturday Night Live". The British band promoted their "Ghost Stories" by performing two songs off the upcoming album on the NBC comedy show.
Introduced by this week's guest host Andrew Garfield, Chris Martin and his bandmates first graced the stage to treat audience with the live rendition of the anticipated record's lead cut, "Magic".
The band later returned to the stage and sang the energetic "A Sky Full of Stars". At one point during the second performance, Martin showed off some dance moves while showcasing his vocals.
"Ghost Stories" will be the band's first album since 2011's "Mylo Xyloto". In addition to the two songs performed on "SNL", the new record will feature promo single "Midnight" and "Oceans" which the group debuted during their appearance on BBC Radio 1 late last month.
On Saturday's "SNL", Coldplay's frontman Martin didn't only appear as a performer, but he also joined Garfield in one sketch. Garfield and his "The Amazing Spider-Man 2" co-star Emma Stone were scolded for messing up the kissing scene, so the newly-single musician stepped in to show the actor the proper way to kiss.
More Coldplay News
- Priyanka Chopra Throws Her Hat Into the Ring to Be Female James Bond
- Listen to a Preview of Shawn Mendes' New Song 'Better'
- Elijah Wood Clarifies Comment on Child Sex Abuse in Hollywood, Says It's Misinterpreted
- 'Pretty Little Liars' Boss Confirms Someone's Getting Married in Season 7
- Anne Hathaway Throws Shade at the Kardashians, Says It's Unintentional
- Eminem Sells Bricks of His Childhood Home for 'Marshall Mathers LP' Anniversary
- Did Jennifer Lawrence Just Say She Was Under the Influence While Filming 'The Hunger Games'?
- Helen Hunt Mistaken for Jodie Foster by Starbucks Barista. Read the Funny Story