Coldplay Brings 'Magic' and 'A Sky Full of Stars' to 'SNL'
Coldplay served as a guest performer in the Saturday, May 3 episode of "Saturday Night Live". The British band promoted their "Ghost Stories" by performing two songs off the upcoming album on the NBC comedy show.
Introduced by this week's guest host Andrew Garfield, Chris Martin and his bandmates first graced the stage to treat audience with the live rendition of the anticipated record's lead cut, "Magic".
The band later returned to the stage and sang the energetic "A Sky Full of Stars". At one point during the second performance, Martin showed off some dance moves while showcasing his vocals.
"Ghost Stories" will be the band's first album since 2011's "Mylo Xyloto". In addition to the two songs performed on "SNL", the new record will feature promo single "Midnight" and "Oceans" which the group debuted during their appearance on BBC Radio 1 late last month.
On Saturday's "SNL", Coldplay's frontman Martin didn't only appear as a performer, but he also joined Garfield in one sketch. Garfield and his "The Amazing Spider-Man 2" co-star Emma Stone were scolded for messing up the kissing scene, so the newly-single musician stepped in to show the actor the proper way to kiss.
More Coldplay News
- Lady GaGa Sparks Outrage From Her Chinese Fans After Meeting Dalai Lama
- 'The 9th Life of Louis Drax' First Trailer Is Full of Mysteries
- Stella Maxwell Goes Completely Topless in This NSFW Instagram Photo
- 'Game of Thrones' Showrunner Confirms Shorter Two Final Seasons: We Get Close to the Ending
- Kevin Jonas and Wife Danielle Announce Sex of Their 2nd Baby. Is It a Boy or a Girl?
- Calvin Harris Blames Paparazzo for Another Car Accident, but Then Apologizes
- Sia and Diplo Team Up for 'Waving Goodbye' From 'The Neon Demon'
- Farrah Abraham Slammed for Posting Photos of Her 7-Year-Old Daughter in Bikinis