Shaun White Surprised Teen Fan by Attending Her Prom
Shaun White gave one teen a prom of her life. The Olympic gold medalist granted superfan Carly Monzo's video proposal to attend her all-girls Catholic school Mount Saint Joseph Academy prom on Friday, May 2 at Whitemarsh Valley Country Club in Lafayette Hill, Pennsylvania.
Monzo posted a video to Vimeo last month to ask White to be her date after learning that he had never been to his own prom. "Roses are red, violets are blue, My name is Carly Monzo, but I'm sure you had no clue. I'm currently a senior @ an all girls school. So when it comes to dates there's no boy pool," Munzo wrote in a poem for the video. "I have a six-foot rule & I know you're 5'9" but I can overlook that 'cuz DAMN you're FINE." Monzo and her friends repeatedly tweeted the video to White.
White got the message, posted an Instagram video of himself adjusting his bow tie and captioned it, "Hey @carlymonzo #promcrashers #badthings." But Monzo did not know that White flew all the way from Austria to attend her prom until her name was called to go up the stage. She had even come with another date.
"The administration had to keep it secret because nobody could know," Monzo said. "Our dean of students called my name and the first thing that ran through my mind was, 'What did I do?' Honestly how could I have done something so bad they had to address the entire prom? I walked up to the front and they dropped the curtains and his band started jamming."
White later posted a photo of him playing guitar with Bad Things while Monzo danced behind him. The school then released a photo of the snowboarder and Monzo posing in the prom photo booth. ESPN reported that White also landed a kiss on Monzo's cheek at one point of the night.
- 'Simpsons' Creator Matt Groening's New Animated Show 'Disenchantment' Coming to Netflix
- Robert Pattinson Addresses Relationship With FKA twigs: We're Still 'Kind of' Engaged
- Meghan Markle Wants to Have Twins With Prince Harry
- Did Justin Bieber Cancel Tour Due to Religious Reasons?
- Leonardo DiCaprio Brings 'The Right Stuff' TV Adaptation to National Geographic
- Is Celine Dion Dating Backup Dancer Pepe Munoz?
- 'Wonder Woman 2' Gets Release Date. Mark Your Calendar!
- Kristen Stewart and Stella Maxwell Crash a Same-Sex Wedding to Everyone's Delight