Diane Keaton Defends Woody Allen in Sexual Abuse Allegation
Diane Keaton doesn't think Woody Allen sexually abused his adopted daughter Dylan Farrow. Allen has repeatedly denied any wrongdoings, and now Keaton is taking sides with him. She says to The Guardian in a new interview, "I have nothing to say about that. Except: I believe my friend."
Keaton also commented on Dylan's New York Times op-ed in which she and some other actresses who appeared in Allen's films were singled out. "What are they going to do? Who else are they going to drag in? They have to drag someone in," she says. "I don't resent it, not for a second."
In the NY Times article published this February, Dylan specifically called out some names, "What if it had been your child, Cate Blanchett? Louis C.K.? Alec Baldwin? What if it had been you, Emma Stone? Or you, Scarlett Johansson?" To Keaton, she said, "You knew me when I was a little girl, Diane Keaton. Have you forgotten me?"
However, Keaton says they were not that close. "I saw her maybe three times," she says. "I didn't know her. It's not a bad accusation. I was never friends with Mia - I was friendly. Sort of like I'm friendly with you. I like you, I like that way you are. I like the way she is, too. She's very charming. But I never knew her as a friend. A friend - that's a commitment. It's as close as you can get to family, and sometimes it's even closer. Friendship requires a lot of time."
ScarJo has also responded to Dylan's letter. She slammed Mia Farrow's daughter in an interview with The Guardian earlier this year, "I think it's irresponsible to take a bunch of actors that will have a Google alert on and to suddenly throw their name into a situation that none of us could possibly knowingly comment on. That just feels irresponsible to me."
Baldwin, meanwhile, took to Twitter to address the matter. "What the f**k is wrong w u that u think we all need to b commenting on this family's personal struggle?" he furiously replied to one of his followers. "So you know who's guilty? Who's lying? You, personally, know that?" he also wrote. "You are mistaken if you think there is a place for me, or any outsider, in this family's issue."
- Shia LaBeouf Rips Drake, Lil Yachty and More in New Freestyle
- Jennifer Lawrence Reveals Why She Thinks She's a Curse to Hawaiians
- First Footage of 'Spider-Man: Homecoming' Unveils Spidey's Classic Web Wings
- Billy Bob Thornton Wants to Reunite With Angelina Jolie Amid Brad Pitt Divorce
- Katie Holmes Finally Addresses Her 'Secret Relationship' With Jamie Foxx
- Watch Jessie J Writhe Around in 'Can't Take My Eyes Off You' Video
- Kate McKinnon and T.J. Miller Go Wild in New 'Office Christmas Party' Trailer
- New 'The Walking Dead' Photo Teases Graphic Scene for Carl in 'Sing Me a Song'