'Orange Is the New Black' Wins 2014 GLAAD Media Awards
More winners were feted at the second ceremony of the 25th annual GLAAD Media Awards. Netflix's "Orange Is the New Black" was celebrated as an Outstanding Comedy Series, beating "Brooklyn Nine-Nine", "Glee", "Modern Family", and "Please Like Me".
Laverne Cox was among the "Orange Is the New Black" stars attending the event on May 3 at the Waldorf Astoria in New York City. Before the Saturday event, she was honored with her own Stephen F. Kolzak Award at The Beverly Hilton in Los Angeles on April 12.
"Star Trek" actor George Takei was given Vito Russo Award, "Philomena" won Outstanding Film in Wide Release category, and "Concussion" won Outstanding Film in Limited Release. Oprah Winfrey's interview with openly gay NBA player Jason Collins and his family was called Outstanding Talk Show Episode.
Basketball player Derrick Gordon, celebrity blogger Perez Hilton, and actress Candis Cayne were among the attendees. Kylie Minogue served as a musical performer, singing her smash hit "Can't Get You Out of My Head".
More Orange Is the New Black News
- Comic-Con: 'Game of Thrones' Teases Season 7 With Production Video
- 'Kong: Skull Island' Poster Reveals First Look at the Beastly King
- Amber Rose Defends Kanye West Amid Taylor Swift Feud, but Begs Him to 'Stay out of the News'
- Comic-Con: Check Out 'The Walking Dead' Season 7 and 'Fear the Walking Dead' Season 2B Trailers
- 'The Bachelor' Star Chris Soules' Ex Whitney Bischoff Is Engaged Again
- Comic-Con: 'Scream Queens' Stars Share Details of Season 2, Colton Haynes' Cast in Mystery Role
- Dakota Johnson Channels 'Fifty Shades' Character in This Provocative Photo
- Celine Dion Slays Her Impressions of Rihanna, Cher and Sia on 'Tonight Show'