'Orange Is the New Black' Wins 2014 GLAAD Media Awards
More winners were feted at the second ceremony of the 25th annual GLAAD Media Awards. Netflix's "Orange Is the New Black" was celebrated as an Outstanding Comedy Series, beating "Brooklyn Nine-Nine", "Glee", "Modern Family", and "Please Like Me".
Laverne Cox was among the "Orange Is the New Black" stars attending the event on May 3 at the Waldorf Astoria in New York City. Before the Saturday event, she was honored with her own Stephen F. Kolzak Award at The Beverly Hilton in Los Angeles on April 12.
"Star Trek" actor George Takei was given Vito Russo Award, "Philomena" won Outstanding Film in Wide Release category, and "Concussion" won Outstanding Film in Limited Release. Oprah Winfrey's interview with openly gay NBA player Jason Collins and his family was called Outstanding Talk Show Episode.
Basketball player Derrick Gordon, celebrity blogger Perez Hilton, and actress Candis Cayne were among the attendees. Kylie Minogue served as a musical performer, singing her smash hit "Can't Get You Out of My Head".
More Orange Is the New Black News
- Johnny Depp Wasn't Even Near Amber Heard When He Allegedly Hit Her, Witnesses Say
- Is Olivia Culpo Dating Danny Amendola? Here's the Proof
- Brad Pitt Reportedly Worries About 'Anorexic' and 'Fragile' Angelina Jolie
- Dan Aykroyd on Why 'Ghostbusters' Reboot Is Worth Watching: It Has More Laughs and More Scares
- Gwen Stefani Releases Fashionable 'Misery' Music Video
- Harambe the Gorilla Shooting Sparks Outrage Among Hollywood Stars
- Brooklyn Beckham Flaunting His Abs in This Shirtless Selfie Will Make You Drool
- 'Game of Thrones': George R. R. Martin Reveals Brienne's Backstory