'Orange Is the New Black' Wins 2014 GLAAD Media Awards
More winners were feted at the second ceremony of the 25th annual GLAAD Media Awards. Netflix's "Orange Is the New Black" was celebrated as an Outstanding Comedy Series, beating "Brooklyn Nine-Nine", "Glee", "Modern Family", and "Please Like Me".
Laverne Cox was among the "Orange Is the New Black" stars attending the event on May 3 at the Waldorf Astoria in New York City. Before the Saturday event, she was honored with her own Stephen F. Kolzak Award at The Beverly Hilton in Los Angeles on April 12.
"Star Trek" actor George Takei was given Vito Russo Award, "Philomena" won Outstanding Film in Wide Release category, and "Concussion" won Outstanding Film in Limited Release. Oprah Winfrey's interview with openly gay NBA player Jason Collins and his family was called Outstanding Talk Show Episode.
Basketball player Derrick Gordon, celebrity blogger Perez Hilton, and actress Candis Cayne were among the attendees. Kylie Minogue served as a musical performer, singing her smash hit "Can't Get You Out of My Head".
More Orange Is the New Black News
- Are They Splitting Up? Khloe Kardashian and Tristan Thompson Have 'Explosive' Fights
- 'Last Ship' Halts Production as Eric Dane Battles Depression
- Little Mix, Justin Bieber and Bruno Mars Among Winners at Radio Disney Music Awards 2017
- Radio Disney Music Awards 2017: Noah Cyrus, Camila Cabello and Sabrina Carpenter Stun on Red Carpet
- Control Freak Angelina Jolie 'Keeps Tabs' on Brad Pitt: She Has Google Alert on His Name
- Kelly Ripa Will Announce New 'Live!' Co-Host on Monday
- Kendall Jenner and A$AP Rocky Reignite Dating Speculations After Seen Shopping Together in NYC
- Drama 'Super Family' Is Under Fire for Using Jessica Jung's Name as a Deceased