'Orange Is the New Black' Wins 2014 GLAAD Media Awards
More winners were feted at the second ceremony of the 25th annual GLAAD Media Awards. Netflix's "Orange Is the New Black" was celebrated as an Outstanding Comedy Series, beating "Brooklyn Nine-Nine", "Glee", "Modern Family", and "Please Like Me".
Laverne Cox was among the "Orange Is the New Black" stars attending the event on May 3 at the Waldorf Astoria in New York City. Before the Saturday event, she was honored with her own Stephen F. Kolzak Award at The Beverly Hilton in Los Angeles on April 12.
"Star Trek" actor George Takei was given Vito Russo Award, "Philomena" won Outstanding Film in Wide Release category, and "Concussion" won Outstanding Film in Limited Release. Oprah Winfrey's interview with openly gay NBA player Jason Collins and his family was called Outstanding Talk Show Episode.
Basketball player Derrick Gordon, celebrity blogger Perez Hilton, and actress Candis Cayne were among the attendees. Kylie Minogue served as a musical performer, singing her smash hit "Can't Get You Out of My Head".
- Steven Tyler Confirms Aerosmith's 2017 Farewell Tour
- 'Rogue One' Releases More New Photos. Also Get Detail of Mon Mothma's Bigger Role
- Taylor Swift Flies to U.K. to Meet Tom Hiddleston's Mom. See Picture of Their Happy Outing
- 'Game of Thrones' Season Finale Won't Slow Down the Pace, People Will Die
- Audrina Patridge and Fiance Welcome Baby Girl Kirra Max
- Getting Married? Tyga Calls Kylie Jenner His 'Wifey'
- Christina Aguilera Performs 'Change' on 'Jimmy Kimmel Live!' to Support Orlando
- Justin Bieber's Music Video Vixen Xenia Deli, 26, Marries 62-Year-Old Man in Lavish Wedding