'Orange Is the New Black' Wins 2014 GLAAD Media Awards
More winners were feted at the second ceremony of the 25th annual GLAAD Media Awards. Netflix's "Orange Is the New Black" was celebrated as an Outstanding Comedy Series, beating "Brooklyn Nine-Nine", "Glee", "Modern Family", and "Please Like Me".
Laverne Cox was among the "Orange Is the New Black" stars attending the event on May 3 at the Waldorf Astoria in New York City. Before the Saturday event, she was honored with her own Stephen F. Kolzak Award at The Beverly Hilton in Los Angeles on April 12.
"Star Trek" actor George Takei was given Vito Russo Award, "Philomena" won Outstanding Film in Wide Release category, and "Concussion" won Outstanding Film in Limited Release. Oprah Winfrey's interview with openly gay NBA player Jason Collins and his family was called Outstanding Talk Show Episode.
Basketball player Derrick Gordon, celebrity blogger Perez Hilton, and actress Candis Cayne were among the attendees. Kylie Minogue served as a musical performer, singing her smash hit "Can't Get You Out of My Head".
- Taylor Swift Won't Come to MTV VMAs 2016 as Kanye West Is Given Free Reign on Stage
- Lamar Odom Caught Partying With Scantily-Clad Ladies at Strip Club and Smoking Marijuana
- Watch First Trailer for Sundance Hit 'Manchester by the Sea' Starring Casey Affleck
- I'm Guilty! 'Obsessed' Kim Kardashian Admits She Steals Things From Hotels
- Taylor Swift and Tom Hiddleston Already Have Their First 'Major' Fight - What Is It About?
- Is The Flash Coming to 'Big Bang Theory'?
- Miley Cyrus Reportedly Pays for Everything in Her Relationship With Liam Hemsworth
- Prince William Says He Still Misses Princess Diana Every Day and We Can't Help Tearing Up