Tim Blake Nelson Confirms 'Fantastic Four' Role
Tim Blake Nelson confirms that he joins the cast of "The Fantastic Four". Speaking to Tulsa World, the Tulsan native spills, "Yes, it's pretty much closed, with me playing Harvey Elder, who becomes the Mole Man."
"I absolutely loved working on Hulk," he says, referring to his role in "The Incredible Hulk", "And feel extremely blessed that Marvel, Fox, and especially ('Fantastic Four' director) Josh Trank and his team have invited me back into the universe."
"The script is excellent. It has real heart, and it shows a true understanding of what it is to be a burgeoning adult geeked out to the margins," he adds. "Without going into detail, the script has as much soul as it does action, and it has a lot of action."
The new "Fantastic Four" will arrive on June 19, 2015. Simon Kinberg writes the script. Miles Teller, Kate Mara, Michael B. Jordan, and Jamie Bell play the lead roles, and Toby Kebbell will portray Doctor Doom. "The Fantastic Four 2" is set to follow on July 14, 2017.
Nelson's character reportedly will get an introduction in the first film before getting a bigger role in the next installment.
- Kendall Jenner Flashes Nipples in Sheer Bra for Love Magazine
- Kanye West in Talks to Join Revival of 'American Idol'
- Midlife Crisis? Leonardo DiCaprio Will Do Anything to Stay Young
- Harry Styles Is 'Terrified' His Debut Solo Single Will Not Sell
- Kim Kardashian Drops Baby Bombshell to Save 'KUWTK' Ratings
- James Blunt Sings Touching New Song at Carrie Fisher and Debbie Reynolds' Memorial
- 'Orange Is the New Black' Star Samira Wiley Marries the Show's Writer Lauren Morelli
- 'Once Upon a Time' 6.15 Preview: Aladdin and Jasmine Meet Ariel in 'A Wondrous Place'