'Beverly Hills Cop IV' Gets March 2016 Release Date
"Beverly Hills Cop IV" is moving forward after being in development hell for a long time. The fourth installment will see Eddie Murphy returning as the lead role, Axel Foley. It's scheduled to open March 25, 2016 in the United States.
Brett Ratner is attached to direct based on the script by Josh Appelbaum and Andre Nemec ("Mission: Impossible Ghost Protocol"). Jerry Bruckheimer is back as a producer. He produced the first two installments, but not the third one.
Bruckheimer once told Bloomberg, "Hopefully we'll start end of summer, beginning of fall and get rolling on it. We're going to take Eddie back to Detroit - he's going to be in Beverly Hills and we take him to Detroit. So we're going to have some fun with him."
"Beverly Hills Cop" was previously pitched to TV networks as a buddy cop procedural series with comedic elements. CBS ordered the pilot but later decided not to more forward with it, prompting an idea for a new feature film instead. The last movie came out in 1994 with John Landis at the helm.
- 'Guardians of the Galaxy Vol. 2' Toys Reveal First Look at Kurt Russell's Ego
- Will Kanye West Perform at Pal Donald Trump's Inauguration?
- Fergie Who? Nicole Scherzinger to Replace the Singer in Black Eyed Peas
- Tupac Shakur Biopic 'All Eyez on Me' Is Set to Be Released in Summer
- Kendall Jenner and A$AP Rocky Reignite Dating Rumors After Seen Shopping Together
- Ariana Grande Criticized for Claiming She's the 'Hardest Working 23-Year-Old' on Earth
- Lady GaGa Teases Super Bowl Performance in New Behind-the-Scenes Video
- 'Game of Thrones' Latest Tidbit Reveals This Character's Unlikely Return in Season 7