'Beverly Hills Cop IV' Gets March 2016 Release Date
"Beverly Hills Cop IV" is moving forward after being in development hell for a long time. The fourth installment will see Eddie Murphy returning as the lead role, Axel Foley. It's scheduled to open March 25, 2016 in the United States.
Brett Ratner is attached to direct based on the script by Josh Appelbaum and Andre Nemec ("Mission: Impossible Ghost Protocol"). Jerry Bruckheimer is back as a producer. He produced the first two installments, but not the third one.
Bruckheimer once told Bloomberg, "Hopefully we'll start end of summer, beginning of fall and get rolling on it. We're going to take Eddie back to Detroit - he's going to be in Beverly Hills and we take him to Detroit. So we're going to have some fun with him."
"Beverly Hills Cop" was previously pitched to TV networks as a buddy cop procedural series with comedic elements. CBS ordered the pilot but later decided not to more forward with it, prompting an idea for a new feature film instead. The last movie came out in 1994 with John Landis at the helm.
- Celebrities Who Regret Getting Plastic Surgery
- JYJ's Park Yoochun's Fiancee Allegedly Wants to Break Off Engagement
- Kingsman Teams Up With Statesman in New 'The Golden Circle' Red Band Trailer
- Report: Lee Jong Suk to Enlist to Military Soon
- Birthday Girl Julianne Hough Ditches Bikini Top During Romantic Honeymoon
- Comic-Con: Pennywise the Clown Mutilates His Victims in 'It' New Trailer and Clips
- Halle Berry Chugs a Half Bottle of Whiskey at 'Kingsman 2' Comic-Con Panel
- Are Miranda Kerr and Husband Evan Spiegel Expecting a Baby?