'Beverly Hills Cop IV' Gets March 2016 Release Date
"Beverly Hills Cop IV" is moving forward after being in development hell for a long time. The fourth installment will see Eddie Murphy returning as the lead role, Axel Foley. It's scheduled to open March 25, 2016 in the United States.
Brett Ratner is attached to direct based on the script by Josh Appelbaum and Andre Nemec ("Mission: Impossible Ghost Protocol"). Jerry Bruckheimer is back as a producer. He produced the first two installments, but not the third one.
Bruckheimer once told Bloomberg, "Hopefully we'll start end of summer, beginning of fall and get rolling on it. We're going to take Eddie back to Detroit - he's going to be in Beverly Hills and we take him to Detroit. So we're going to have some fun with him."
"Beverly Hills Cop" was previously pitched to TV networks as a buddy cop procedural series with comedic elements. CBS ordered the pilot but later decided not to more forward with it, prompting an idea for a new feature film instead. The last movie came out in 1994 with John Landis at the helm.
- Chris Brown Is Released on $250K Bail, Lawyer Calls Assault Allegations 'Demonstrably False'
- Daniel Craig Goes Blonde for His Villain Role in 'Logan Lucky'
- Tyga Has His Ferrari Repossessed While Bentley Shopping With Kylie Jenner
- 'The Flash' Teases Flashpoint Storyline in First Official Images From Season 3
- Halsey Flashes Her Bare Crotch as She Ditches Panties for a VMA After-Party
- Marvel Developing 'New Warriors' Comedy Series Featuring Squirrel Girl
- Mark Hamill Shaves His Jedi Beard and Hints at His Return to 'Star Wars Episode IX'
- 'Supergirl' Casts Superman Villain Metallo for Season 2