Police: Drug Paraphernalia Found in Peaches Geldof's Home at Time of Death
Drug paraphernalia was found in Peaches Geldof's house in Kent, England, on the morning she was found dead, British authorities confirmed on Friday, May 2. This contradicts earlier reports suggesting that no evidence of drugs was found when officers searched the house following the star's sudden passing on April 7.
"Inaccurate reports have also been made suggesting that no drugs paraphernalia was found at the address, with suggestions that the scene had been 'tampered' with prior to police arrival," Kent Police Detective Chief Inspector Paul Fotheringham said in a statement.
"While no detail will be provided around specific items, to prevent further speculation I will confirm that contrary to rumor in the media my officers did seize drugs paraphernalia from the address on 7 April," he added.
Geldof was found dead in a spare bedroom by her husband, musician Thomas Cohen. The "S.C.U.M." member said that he was on a weekend trip with his child Astala and returned home after failing to contact his wife.
In an inquest on Thursday, police revealed that Geldof had heroin in her system. They're now investigating who supplied the 25-year-old star with the drug and have said that Cohen is not under suspicion.
"Following recent speculation in the media, I would like to make it clear that Thomas Cohen is not in any way under suspicion of any involvement in Peaches Geldof-Cohen's death or our concurrent investigation into the supply of drugs," Fotheringham added in the statement. "He has not been arrested or interviewed under caution and there is no plan to do so."
- Mantis Reveals Star-Lord's Deep Dark Secret in 'Guardians of the Galaxy 2' New Trailer
- Watch: Rita Ora Drops Her Top in Raunchy Love Advent Video
- Britney Spears Gets Surprise Birthday Cake on Stage at 2016 Jingle Ball
- Granger Smith Broke His Rips and Punctured His Lung After Falling From Stage
- Madonna Wants to Remarry Sean Penn for $150,000 at Miami's Art Basel
- Chris Evans Feels 'Rage' Over 'Last Tango in Paris' Real Rape Scene
- Mariah Carey Not Too Keen on Comparison Between Her Alter Ego Bianca and Beyonce's Sasha Fierce
- Mark Wahlberg Criticizes Fellow Celebs Who Talk About Politics