Angelina Jolie and Brad Pitt to Co-Star in Her New Film
Angelina Jolie reportedly will team up with longtime partner Brad Pitt on screen in a new film that she has written. The project, which is expected to be a hot commodity among studios, will reunite the couple for the first time since "Mr and Mrs Smith".
Deadline, which is first to report, notes that everything is in "early talks" and "nothing is solidified" although it is most likely happening. No distributor or studio is attached yet.
Pitt made a cameo in Jolie's directorial debut, "In The Land of Blood and Honey". He said once that he would love to work with her again, saying, "We're not ones to repeat ourselves, but we'd like to, because right now, we're hopscotching with films so one can be with the kids and one's free to work".
"Mr and Mrs Smith" was the film that put Pitt and Jolie together as a couple off screen. Back in February, the film's producer Akiva Goldsman opened up to Vanity Fair about his idea of a sequel. "We endlessly talk about [a Mr. & Mrs. Smith sequel]. I find it wildly unlikely it will ever occur," he said pessimistically. "But, you know, stranger things have happened. Brad and Angie are very attractive people now and they will be in late their 70s. And I have no reason to believe that that wouldn't be an interesting movie! That's the fun part of Mr. & Mrs. Smith ...It works at any age!"
- Donnie Wahlberg, and Not Kim K., Sets Guiness World Record for Most Selfies in 3 Minutes
- Benedict Cumberbatch Channels Doctor Strange to Diagnose the Avengers in New Promo Clip
- Taylor Swift's Alleged Groping Photo Leaks Despite Sealed by Judge
- Nicole Richie Doesn't Regret Her Wild Past: I Was Just 'Being Me'
- Lady GaGa Makes a Japanese Bride Extra Happy With This Sweet Gesture. Watch It!
- 'Rogue One': Gareth Edwards Teases Ben Mendelsohn's 'Working Class' Character
- Laverne Cox Is a 'Bad B***h,' Slays Nicki Minaj's 'Roman's Revenge' in 'Lip Sync Battle' Clip
- Jack O'Connell to Star as Alexander McQueen in Biopic