Angelina Jolie and Brad Pitt to Co-Star in Her New Film
Angelina Jolie reportedly will team up with longtime partner Brad Pitt on screen in a new film that she has written. The project, which is expected to be a hot commodity among studios, will reunite the couple for the first time since "Mr and Mrs Smith".
Deadline, which is first to report, notes that everything is in "early talks" and "nothing is solidified" although it is most likely happening. No distributor or studio is attached yet.
Pitt made a cameo in Jolie's directorial debut, "In The Land of Blood and Honey". He said once that he would love to work with her again, saying, "We're not ones to repeat ourselves, but we'd like to, because right now, we're hopscotching with films so one can be with the kids and one's free to work".
"Mr and Mrs Smith" was the film that put Pitt and Jolie together as a couple off screen. Back in February, the film's producer Akiva Goldsman opened up to Vanity Fair about his idea of a sequel. "We endlessly talk about [a Mr. & Mrs. Smith sequel]. I find it wildly unlikely it will ever occur," he said pessimistically. "But, you know, stranger things have happened. Brad and Angie are very attractive people now and they will be in late their 70s. And I have no reason to believe that that wouldn't be an interesting movie! That's the fun part of Mr. & Mrs. Smith ...It works at any age!"
- 'Fate of the Furious' Will Start a New Trilogy, Vin Diesel Says
- Nicki Minaj Flaunts Her Body in Gucci Mane's 'Make Love' Music Video
- See David Beckham's Face Ruined for 'King Arthur' Movie!
- Lamar Odom Admits to Drugs Abuse and Multiple Affairs During Khloe Kardashian Marriage
- Pennywise the Clown Preys on Kids in 'It' Teaser Trailer
- Portia de Rossi Wants Ellen DeGeneres to Enter Rehab
- Kelly Ripa Involved in Drug Overdose Scandal
- Justin Timberlake Teases His Upcoming Collab With Timbaland and Pharrell