Angelina Jolie and Brad Pitt to Co-Star in Her New Film
Angelina Jolie reportedly will team up with longtime partner Brad Pitt on screen in a new film that she has written. The project, which is expected to be a hot commodity among studios, will reunite the couple for the first time since "Mr and Mrs Smith".
Deadline, which is first to report, notes that everything is in "early talks" and "nothing is solidified" although it is most likely happening. No distributor or studio is attached yet.
Pitt made a cameo in Jolie's directorial debut, "In The Land of Blood and Honey". He said once that he would love to work with her again, saying, "We're not ones to repeat ourselves, but we'd like to, because right now, we're hopscotching with films so one can be with the kids and one's free to work".
"Mr and Mrs Smith" was the film that put Pitt and Jolie together as a couple off screen. Back in February, the film's producer Akiva Goldsman opened up to Vanity Fair about his idea of a sequel. "We endlessly talk about [a Mr. & Mrs. Smith sequel]. I find it wildly unlikely it will ever occur," he said pessimistically. "But, you know, stranger things have happened. Brad and Angie are very attractive people now and they will be in late their 70s. And I have no reason to believe that that wouldn't be an interesting movie! That's the fun part of Mr. & Mrs. Smith ...It works at any age!"
More By the Sea News
- Taylor Swift Won't Come to MTV VMAs 2016 as Kanye West Is Given Free Reign on Stage
- Lamar Odom Caught Partying With Scantily-Clad Ladies at Strip Club and Smoking Marijuana
- Watch First Trailer for Sundance Hit 'Manchester by the Sea' Starring Casey Affleck
- I'm Guilty! 'Obsessed' Kim Kardashian Admits She Steals Things From Hotels
- Taylor Swift and Tom Hiddleston Already Have Their First 'Major' Fight - What Is It About?
- Is The Flash Coming to 'Big Bang Theory'?
- Miley Cyrus Reportedly Pays for Everything in Her Relationship With Liam Hemsworth
- Prince William Says He Still Misses Princess Diana Every Day and We Can't Help Tearing Up