Kerry Washington Quietly Gave Birth to Baby Girl
Kerry Washington quietly gave birth to a baby girl on Monday, April 21 at Los Angeles' Cedars-Sinai Medical Center. It was the first child for the "Scandal" star and former San Francisco 49ers cornerback Nnamdi Asomugha.
The happy news first came from TMZ and was later confirmed by PEOPLE. "Kerry is at home busy with the baby," a source told People. The baby is named Isabelle Amarachi and Asomugha signed the birth certificate more than a week after she was born. The name translated to "Grace of God" or "God's Grace," according to baby naming websites.
Washington was also hush hush when marrying Asomugha in Idaho in June 2013. Without announcement, she showed off her wedding ring in August that year at ABC's Television Critics Assn. Party. "I'm walking around in the world with my ring. And when people say congratulations, I say thank you," she told Glamour in a September interview. "But I'm going to continue to not talk about it and just let it unfold. ... I learned through experience that it doesn't work for me to talk about my personal life."
The 37-year-old actress revealed the pregnancy last October and debuted her baby bump on the red carpet of Golden Globes in January.
More Kerry Washington News
- Katy Perry Crowd-Surfing Twice at Glastonbury 2017
- Blac Chyna Involved in Car Accident
- Kelly Osbourne Shows Her Derriere While Struggling to Get Out of Her Dress
- Kendall Jenner Looks Unrecognizable in Her Latest Instagram Pictures
- Heidi Klum's Boyfriend Vito Schabel Spotted Kissing Another Woman in London
- Angelina Jolie Is Worrying That Brad Pitt Will Get More Custody
- Amanda Bynes Steps Out for Shopping in Beverly Hills
- Gal Gadot Is Already Planning for Baby No. 3