Kerry Washington Quietly Gave Birth to Baby Girl
Kerry Washington quietly gave birth to a baby girl on Monday, April 21 at Los Angeles' Cedars-Sinai Medical Center. It was the first child for the "Scandal" star and former San Francisco 49ers cornerback Nnamdi Asomugha.
The happy news first came from TMZ and was later confirmed by PEOPLE. "Kerry is at home busy with the baby," a source told People. The baby is named Isabelle Amarachi and Asomugha signed the birth certificate more than a week after she was born. The name translated to "Grace of God" or "God's Grace," according to baby naming websites.
Washington was also hush hush when marrying Asomugha in Idaho in June 2013. Without announcement, she showed off her wedding ring in August that year at ABC's Television Critics Assn. Party. "I'm walking around in the world with my ring. And when people say congratulations, I say thank you," she told Glamour in a September interview. "But I'm going to continue to not talk about it and just let it unfold. ... I learned through experience that it doesn't work for me to talk about my personal life."
The 37-year-old actress revealed the pregnancy last October and debuted her baby bump on the red carpet of Golden Globes in January.
More Kerry Washington News
- Bob Dylan Called 'Arrogant' for Ignoring Nobel Prize Win
- 'Doctor Strange' Star Tilda Swinton Wants Her Own Marvel Movie
- Jay-Z Makes History as Nominee for 2017 Songwriters Hall of Fame
- Police Called to Larsa and Scottie Pippen's House Before Divorce Announcement
- Did Madonna Just Clap Back at Lady GaGa With This Meme?
- Leonardo DiCaprio to Play the Man Who Invented Rock and Roll in Sam Phillips Biopic
- Brad Pitt and Angelina Jolie to Sell Their Chateau Miraval in France Amid Divorce
- Director Tim Miller Leaves 'Deadpool 2' Due to Creative Differences