Hailee Steinfeld Lands 'Pitch Perfect 2' Role
Hailee Steinfeld joins "Pitch Perfect 2". The 17-year-old actress herself confirmed the news with a promo picture for the movie featuring her, writing in the caption, "It's official and I'm SO excited!!!!!!!!!!#PitchPerfect2."
Elizabeth Banks, who is set to direct and produce the upcoming musical film, has also reacted to Steinfeld's casting. "@HaileeSteinfeld Welcome to the Barden Bellas!" she wrote on Twitter. "Now lace up your dancing shoes, and get your tush down to Baton Rouge."
Steinfeld's role is still not disclosed. Plot details are not available either, but Banks once teased, "All I can say right now is that they will be graduating seniors this time around, rather than incoming freshmen."
"I'm really excited to direct the girls," she added. "The whole project speaks so much to me and to women and to making women funny in really fun and interesting ways, and that's what I'm most looking forward to. I'm looking forward to letting the girls let loose."
Banks will reprise her role as Gail Abernathy-McKadden. Anna Kendrick, Rebel Wilson and Brittany Snow, who starred in 2012's "Pitch Perfect", will return for the second installment as well.
It's official and I'm SO excited!!!!!!!!!!pic.twitter.com/FP2ac06skp— Hailee Steinfeld (@HaileeSteinfeld) April 30, 2014
- James Cameron and 'Deadpool' Director Tim Miller Team Up for New 'Terminator' Movie
- J.K. Rowling Quickly Shuts Down 'The Cursed Child' Movie Trilogy Rumor
- Kate Hudson's Brother Hilariously Reacts to Rumor That the Actress Is Dating Brad Pitt
- Adele Added to 2017 Grammy Award Performers List
- LGBT Page Disappears From White House's Website After Trump's Inauguration, Twitter Freaks Out
- Shia LaBeouf Starts Four-Year Anti-Trump Live-Stream Protest on Inauguration Day
- 'House of Cards' Unveils Chilling Teaser for Season 5 on Trump's Inauguration Day
- 'Green Lantern Corps' Is Eying Ryan Reynolds, Bradley Cooper and Tom Cruise