Hailee Steinfeld Lands 'Pitch Perfect 2' Role
Hailee Steinfeld joins "Pitch Perfect 2". The 17-year-old actress herself confirmed the news with a promo picture for the movie featuring her, writing in the caption, "It's official and I'm SO excited!!!!!!!!!!#PitchPerfect2."
Elizabeth Banks, who is set to direct and produce the upcoming musical film, has also reacted to Steinfeld's casting. "@HaileeSteinfeld Welcome to the Barden Bellas!" she wrote on Twitter. "Now lace up your dancing shoes, and get your tush down to Baton Rouge."
Steinfeld's role is still not disclosed. Plot details are not available either, but Banks once teased, "All I can say right now is that they will be graduating seniors this time around, rather than incoming freshmen."
"I'm really excited to direct the girls," she added. "The whole project speaks so much to me and to women and to making women funny in really fun and interesting ways, and that's what I'm most looking forward to. I'm looking forward to letting the girls let loose."
Banks will reprise her role as Gail Abernathy-McKadden. Anna Kendrick, Rebel Wilson and Brittany Snow, who starred in 2012's "Pitch Perfect", will return for the second installment as well.
It's official and I'm SO excited!!!!!!!!!!
- Kim Kardashian Endorses Hillary Clinton, Shuts Down Rumor That She Votes for Donald Trump
- Angelina Jolie and Her Kids Move Into Rental House Amid Brad Pitt Divorce
- Find Out the Gender of Olivia Wilde's Second Child With Jason Sudeikis!
- Orlando Bloom and Malin Akerman Have Steamy Threesome on Netflix's 'Easy'
- Megan Hilty and Brian Gallagher Expecting Their Second Child
- Marion Cotillard's Partner Breaks Silence on Brad Pitt Affair Rumors
- Julia Roberts to Play PTA Mom Framed for Drug Possession in True-Story Movie
- Pippa Middleton's Private Photos Stolen After Her iCloud Got Hacked