Hailee Steinfeld Lands 'Pitch Perfect 2' Role
Hailee Steinfeld joins "Pitch Perfect 2". The 17-year-old actress herself confirmed the news with a promo picture for the movie featuring her, writing in the caption, "It's official and I'm SO excited!!!!!!!!!!#PitchPerfect2."
Elizabeth Banks, who is set to direct and produce the upcoming musical film, has also reacted to Steinfeld's casting. "@HaileeSteinfeld Welcome to the Barden Bellas!" she wrote on Twitter. "Now lace up your dancing shoes, and get your tush down to Baton Rouge."
Steinfeld's role is still not disclosed. Plot details are not available either, but Banks once teased, "All I can say right now is that they will be graduating seniors this time around, rather than incoming freshmen."
"I'm really excited to direct the girls," she added. "The whole project speaks so much to me and to women and to making women funny in really fun and interesting ways, and that's what I'm most looking forward to. I'm looking forward to letting the girls let loose."
Banks will reprise her role as Gail Abernathy-McKadden. Anna Kendrick, Rebel Wilson and Brittany Snow, who starred in 2012's "Pitch Perfect", will return for the second installment as well.
It's official and I'm SO excited!!!!!!!!!!
- Watch Ariana Grande and Bruno Mars Perform at Star-Studded We Can Survive Concert
- Kim Kardashian Angry at Beyonce for Not Reaching Out to Her After Paris Robbery
- Kim Zolciak Criticized for Posting Inappropriate Photo of 2-Year-Old Daughter Kaia
- New 'Game of Thrones' Photos Confirm the Highly Anticipated Meet-Up
- Pregnant Janet Jackson Steps Out in Full Islamic Dress
- Charlie Puth Cancels the Rest of His Tour Dates Because He's 'Extremely Sick'
- Chris Hemsworth Shoots Down Split Reports With Cheeky Instagram Post
- Kim Kardashian Said She Could 'Handle' Social Media Days Before She Got Robbed