Beyonce, Miranda Kerr Join Gwyneth Paltrow's Goop Closet Sale for Charity
Gwyneth Paltrow's lifestyle website Goop announced on Thursday, May 1 that they would hold a yard sale which sells unwanted clothes and other items from some celebrities. Paltrow will donate some pieces from her closet. The "Iron Man 3" star will be joined by Miranda Kerr and Beyonce Knowles among others. Proceeds from the "Super-Classy Yard Sale" will go to a charity.
"Last year, we did a big story on closet organization, and in the process, sold a handful of pieces on behalf of three charities. It was such a success that we decided to do it again, and enlisted some friends-of-Goop, who have particularly outstanding personal style, to help this year," Paltrow wrote. "100 percent of the profits benefit DonorsChoose, a charity where public school teachers can ask directly for help fulfilling specific classroom needs."
Paltrow is joined by some celebrity friends who donate some clothes and other stuff which they no longer use. Kate Hudson donated a Balenciaga dress while Kerr donated some dresses. Nicole Richie joined the team by donating two pairs of Christian Louboutin shoes and a pair of heels from Beyonce's "Mrs. Carter Tour" was added alongside other items.
On April 30, Paltrow teased the closet sale with a photo of her trying her boots. In a photo uploaded to Instagram, the actress can be seen sitting on the floor with two bags and a pair of heels being placed around her. "Spring cleaning @goop #goopgiving," the mother of two captioned the photo.
- Tarek El Moussa Addresses Rumors He Called Estranged Wife Christina a 'Whore'
- George Clooney Writes Touching Tribute to Cousin and 'NCIS: LA' Star Miguel Ferrer Who Dies at 61
- Little Mix Releases Sexy and Colorful Music Video for 'Touch'
- ABC Is Considering 'Black-ish' Spin-Off Starring Yara Shahidi
- Anne Hathaway to Join Rebel Wilson in 'Nasty Women'
- Everyone Loves Chrissy Teigen for Showing Off Her Stretch Marks in New Photo
- Mandy Moore Is Eager to Have Kids 'Sooner Than Later.' Ready to Start a Family?
- Ed Sheeran Wants to Collaborate With Beyonce, Plans Tour in March