Designers Dolce and Gabbana Lost Appeal in Tax Conviction
Italian fashion designers Domenico Dolce and Stefano Gabbana lost their appeal in a tax case on Wednesday, April 30. They were accused of hiding hundreds of millions of euros from authorities through a Luxembourg holding company Gado and were given suspended sentences of 18 months in jail. The sentence was reduced from 20 months because the statute of limitations applied to certain facts in the case.
The decision taken on Wednesday upheld a verdict in June. Dolce and Gabbana have denied that they were hiding hundreds of millions of euros from authorities. Back in March, a Milan prosecutor asked the court to clear the pair.
As quoted by WWD, their lawyer Massimo Dinoia said, "I am speechless and astounded, this sentence is inexplicable. After all, the general prosecutor already realized there was really nothing. We will surely present our appeal to the Corte di Cassazione. This is an unfair verdict and we are sure the Cassazione will reform it."
In other news, Dolce was recently spotted with Kylie Minogue at an event in Melbourne. Minogue wore a black ensemble by the label during their meeting, completing her chic looks with a black bag and matching heels.
- Doug Liman Leaves 'Justice League Dark', 'It' Director Andres Muschietti May Take Over the Project
- Kim Kardashian Tries to Save Marriage to Kanye West for the Sake of Fame
- Blac Chyna Plans Plastic Surgery Makeover to Match Her Post-Baby Body
- Melania Trump 'Fixes' Her Hair as Donald Trump Tries to Hold Her Hand
- Bella Hadid Enjoys Dinner Date With Mystery Hunk in Rome and Leaves With Bouquet of Roses
- Kourtney Kardashian and Kendall Jenner Are Denied Access to Party in France
- Ellen DeGeneres and Portia de Rossi Having a Baby to Save 'Stormy' Marriage
- 'Charlie's Angels' Reboot Gets a June 2019 Release Date