Hugh Jackman Says 'Wolverine 3' Will Be His Last Performance as the Clawed Mutant
Hugh Jackman is seemingly done with Wolverine after playing the clawed mutant for a decade. After previously hinting that his days as Wolverine were numbered, the Australian actor now says in a new interview with SFX that the next Wolverine solo film will be his last performance as the character.
"I don't know yet. We're talking it through. I still am very ambitious for the character. And tonally I feel like we corrected the ship with the last one. But I feel we can still go further, in a way. If I did another one I'm 99.9% sure it would be the last, so that will inform what it is for me," he says.
Although he is expected to reprise his role in "The Wolverine 3", the deal for him to return is not done yet. "I'm excited to see what we can come up with, but I haven't signed on signed on," the 45-year-old star explains. "I'm genuinely at that point where unless it's better than the last one I'm not going to do it."
But he's optimistic that there's room for improvement. "I can still see where we can improve on the last one," he says. "I don't want to get into specifics, because it just upsets people, but there are certain parts of that story where I felt we were predictable. And I don't think you need to do that with Wolverine."
"What's exciting is that you can make it a more interior story, and people actually prefer that," he continues. "And that was good to show and convince everyone - especially everyone who greenlights the movies."
Jackman will be back as Wolverine in "X-Men: Days of Future Past" due May 23 in the U.S. He is currently busy doing press tour with his castmates as director Bryan Singer opts to keep low profile following sexual abuse allegation against him. "X-Men: Apocalypse" is planned for May 27, 2016, but the third "Wolverine" installment reportedly won't arrive until then.
More Logan News
- 'True Blood' Alum Stephen Moyer Lands Lead Role on FOX's 'X-Men' Series Pilot
- Mariah Carey's Boobs Almost Spill Out of Her Plunging Dress at Vanity Fair's Oscars Party
- Selena Gomez and The Weeknd Go for a Date Night in Paris as Bella Hadid Parties Just Blocks Away
- Russell Crowe May Portray Cable in 'Deadpool 2'
- Keyshia Cole Punishes Cheating Boyfriend in 'You' Music Video Ft. Remy Ma and French Montana
- Vera Farmiga Set to Star as Millie Bobby Brown's On-Screen Mother in 'Godzilla 2'
- Lorde Teases Upcoming Music With Mysterious Ad
- 'The Voice' Season 12 Premiere: Gwen Stefani Returns as Coach and Wins the First Four-Way Battle