Paul Simon Made 911 Call Which Led to Disorderly Conduct Arrest
New details emerged following singer Paul Simon and his musician wife Edie Brickell's arrest over the weekend. The couple was arrested at their home in New Canaan for disorderly conducts after Brickell's mother made a call to the police, previous report suggested. New report, however, said that it was Simon who made the 911 call when their argument got physical.
As reported by the Norwalk, CT newspaper The Hour, police report regarding the incident said that Brickell confronted Simon after he did something that "broke her heart." Simon called 911 but hung up the phone. According to the police report, officers who arrived at their home on Saturday, April 26 at 8:20 P.M. heard Brickell arguing with her mother inside the house while Simon was outside.
"I didn't hit him. I slapped him," Brickell allegedly told the police. Simon suffered from a small superficial cut on his ear after the slap. He also admitted to shoving her and calling the police after he was slapped.
The couple appeared in Norwalk Superior Court on Monday where they held hands and stated that they were not threats to each other. "We had an argument, which is atypical of us. Neither of us has any fear, or any reason to be threatened," Simon said during the arraignment.
Simon and Brickell released their duet "Like to Get to Know You" on Brickell's website on Wednesday. The song is about a couple who is having problems, featuring lyrics which read, "I'd like to get to know you, again."
- Find Out How Jaden Smith Tricked His Dad Will Smith Into Letting Him Drink on His Birthday
- Jean-Claude Van Damme Walks Out of TV Interview After Reporter Asks This Question
- Matt Damon Will Take a Break From Acting Next Year
- Kanye West Launches Twitter Rants About Apple and Tidal Beef
- Tyler Posey Clarifies 'I Am Gay' Snapchat Video, Apologizes for Fake Coming Out
- Nick Jonas Offered $2 Million to Perform at RNC
- Director Paul Feig Slams Sony for Deleting 'Ghostbusters' Pro-Hillary Tweet
- 'Game of Thrones' Set to End With Season 8, Spin-Off Plan Confirmed