Paul Simon Made 911 Call Which Led to Disorderly Conduct Arrest
New details emerged following singer Paul Simon and his musician wife Edie Brickell's arrest over the weekend. The couple was arrested at their home in New Canaan for disorderly conducts after Brickell's mother made a call to the police, previous report suggested. New report, however, said that it was Simon who made the 911 call when their argument got physical.
As reported by the Norwalk, CT newspaper The Hour, police report regarding the incident said that Brickell confronted Simon after he did something that "broke her heart." Simon called 911 but hung up the phone. According to the police report, officers who arrived at their home on Saturday, April 26 at 8:20 P.M. heard Brickell arguing with her mother inside the house while Simon was outside.
"I didn't hit him. I slapped him," Brickell allegedly told the police. Simon suffered from a small superficial cut on his ear after the slap. He also admitted to shoving her and calling the police after he was slapped.
The couple appeared in Norwalk Superior Court on Monday where they held hands and stated that they were not threats to each other. "We had an argument, which is atypical of us. Neither of us has any fear, or any reason to be threatened," Simon said during the arraignment.
Simon and Brickell released their duet "Like to Get to Know You" on Brickell's website on Wednesday. The song is about a couple who is having problems, featuring lyrics which read, "I'd like to get to know you, again."
- Director Tim Miller Leaves 'Deadpool 2' Due to Creative Differences
- Wait... What? Is Tiger Woods Saying He Doesn't Regret Cheating on Elin Nordegren?
- Marvel Pulls 'Invincible Iron Man' Cover After Accusations of 'Sexualizing' Its Underage Hero
- No More Sexy Selfies? Kim Kardashian Is Re-Emerging 'More Covered Up' and 'Less Make-Up'
- Drake Hints at Releasing New Music on His 30th Birthday. Get Details on His Celebration
- Blac Chyna Pokes Fun at Her Pregnancy Curves, Compares Herself to a Pokemon
- Amy Adams and Jake Gyllenhaal's Love Turns to Hatred in 'Nocturnal Animals' First Full Trailer
- Jay-Z and Beyonce Are Both Upset With 'Nut Job' Kanye West Following His Rant