Rep: Naya Rivera NOT Dropped From Columbia Records
Earlier on Thursday, May 1, reports about Naya Rivera getting dropped from Columbia Records emerged. Multiple sources told Billboard that the 27-year-old actress/singer had left the major label which she joined back in 2011.
However, the reports appeared to be false. In a statement to E! News, Rivera's representative slammed the news outlet which wrote the story and said that the claims were apparently made to "damage Naya's good name." "The newest story claiming that Naya Rivera was dropped from her recording contract with Columbia Records is absolutely false," the rep said. "If the 'news' outlets who put out this story had bothered to contact anyone from her team they would have learned this was false."
The news about Rivera parting ways with the record label came just days after she's reportedly fired from "Glee". The rep made it clear that those stories about the Santana Lopez depicter were all not true.
"To be clear, any rumors or statements made as fact, that Naya Rivera was fired or let go from 'Glee' or dropped from her recording contract, are categorically false," the rep continued. "Someone obviously has an agenda to damage Naya's good name and the media are failing at their duty to responsibly vet their sources and verify what is true and what is not. Naya's attorneys are prepared to take any and all legal action to enforce and protect her rights."
Rivera was one of the first "Glee" stars to land a solo record deal. She hasn't put out a full-length album with the label, but she released her debut single "Sorry" last year. The song, which she recorded with then-boyfriend Big Sean, failed to chart on Billboard Hot 100 and only sold 34,000 downloads.
- Joanna Krupa Causes Internet Frenzy After Seemingly Posing Fully-Naked
- David Ayer Regrets That Joker Is Not 'Suicide Squad' Main Villain
- Robin Excitedly Tries on Different Costumes in First 'Lego Batman Movie' Clip
- Kendall Jenner Flashes Her Breasts in Sheer Top While Strolling Around Paris
- Kanye West Reportedly Ready to Continue His Canceled 'Saint Pablo' Tour
- Chelsea Clinton Branded Hypocrite After Defending Barron Trump From Cyberbullies
- New 'Powerless' Promo Features Crimson Fox Catching a Train
- Woody Harrelson Is Han Solo's Mentor in Upcoming 'Star Wars' Spin-Off