David S. Goyer Tapped for James Cameron's 'Fantastic Voyage' Remake
David S. Goyer boards "Fantastic Voyage" remake. According to a scoop from The Hollywood Reporter, the "Man of Steel" scribe is tapped as an executive producer and screenwriter for the revamped version of the 1966 sci-fi classic.
James Cameron, Jon Landau, and Rae Sanchini are producing the long-gestating project through their Lightstorm banner. No director and cast have been officially confirmed, but Fox is intent on fast-tracking the film now that Goyer joins the crew.
Set during the Cold War, the film follows a team of scientists who are shrunk to atomic size and sent in a miniature submarine inside the body of a scientist to save his life. The dying scientist was a defector who was in a coma after an assassination attempt.
Paul Greengrass, Shawn Levy and Louis Leterrier were among the directors rumored to helm the project, while Will Smith and Hugh Jackman were mentioned as potential cast members.
- Pixar's Video Reveals Mind-Blowing Hidden Easter Eggs Throughout Their Movies
- Olivia Munn Reportedly Causes a Rift in Aaron Rodgers' Family
- Watch Fifth Harmony and Blake Shelton's Performances at 2017 People's Choice Awards
- Taryn Manning Is Not Leaving 'Orange Is the New Black', Despite Report
- Zayn Malik Shows Off New 'Love' Tattoo Amid Gigi Hadid Engagement Rumors
- Jennifer Lopez Spotted Cozying Up to Drake on Another Date
- Is Jared Leto Returning as Joker in New DC Movie?
- Listen to Big Sean's New Moody Track 'Halfway Off the Balcony'