David S. Goyer Tapped for James Cameron's 'Fantastic Voyage' Remake
David S. Goyer boards "Fantastic Voyage" remake. According to a scoop from The Hollywood Reporter, the "Man of Steel" scribe is tapped as an executive producer and screenwriter for the revamped version of the 1966 sci-fi classic.
James Cameron, Jon Landau, and Rae Sanchini are producing the long-gestating project through their Lightstorm banner. No director and cast have been officially confirmed, but Fox is intent on fast-tracking the film now that Goyer joins the crew.
Set during the Cold War, the film follows a team of scientists who are shrunk to atomic size and sent in a miniature submarine inside the body of a scientist to save his life. The dying scientist was a defector who was in a coma after an assassination attempt.
Paul Greengrass, Shawn Levy and Louis Leterrier were among the directors rumored to helm the project, while Will Smith and Hugh Jackman were mentioned as potential cast members.
- Colton Haynes Bares His Butt in This Racy Instagram Photo
- Heidi Klum Declares She 'Won't Get Married Again'
- Rainn Wilson Says Johnny Depp 'Is a Wife Beater'
- Does Tyga Really Owe Kylie Jenner $2 Million?
- 'Pretty Little Liars' Star Teases Jenna's Return: 'I'm in Most of the Season'
- Victoria's Secret Angels Give Justin Timberlake's 'Can't Stop the Feeling' Hotter Music Video
- Justin Bieber Strips Down to Underwear, Holds His Crotch in Bizarre Racy Picture
- Is Nick Jonas Dating Lily Collins? Here's the Truth