David S. Goyer Tapped for James Cameron's 'Fantastic Voyage' Remake
David S. Goyer boards "Fantastic Voyage" remake. According to a scoop from The Hollywood Reporter, the "Man of Steel" scribe is tapped as an executive producer and screenwriter for the revamped version of the 1966 sci-fi classic.
James Cameron, Jon Landau, and Rae Sanchini are producing the long-gestating project through their Lightstorm banner. No director and cast have been officially confirmed, but Fox is intent on fast-tracking the film now that Goyer joins the crew.
Set during the Cold War, the film follows a team of scientists who are shrunk to atomic size and sent in a miniature submarine inside the body of a scientist to save his life. The dying scientist was a defector who was in a coma after an assassination attempt.
Paul Greengrass, Shawn Levy and Louis Leterrier were among the directors rumored to helm the project, while Will Smith and Hugh Jackman were mentioned as potential cast members.
- 'Full Frontal with Samantha Bee' Resurrects Will Ferrel's Dubya Impersonation in 'Not WHCD'
- Liam Payne and Cheryl's Baby Name Allegedly Revealed
- Watch Hailee Steinfeld and Alessia Cara's Performances at 2017 Radio Disney Music Awards
- Are They Splitting Up? Khloe Kardashian and Tristan Thompson Have 'Explosive' Fights
- 'Fate of the Furious' Stays Atop Box Office for Third Consecutive Weekend, Passes $1B Worlwide
- 'Last Ship' Halts Production as Eric Dane Battles Depression
- Little Mix, Justin Bieber and Bruno Mars Among Winners at Radio Disney Music Awards 2017
- Radio Disney Music Awards 2017: Noah Cyrus, Camila Cabello and Sabrina Carpenter Stun on Red Carpet