David S. Goyer Tapped for James Cameron's 'Fantastic Voyage' Remake
David S. Goyer boards "Fantastic Voyage" remake. According to a scoop from The Hollywood Reporter, the "Man of Steel" scribe is tapped as an executive producer and screenwriter for the revamped version of the 1966 sci-fi classic.
James Cameron, Jon Landau, and Rae Sanchini are producing the long-gestating project through their Lightstorm banner. No director and cast have been officially confirmed, but Fox is intent on fast-tracking the film now that Goyer joins the crew.
Set during the Cold War, the film follows a team of scientists who are shrunk to atomic size and sent in a miniature submarine inside the body of a scientist to save his life. The dying scientist was a defector who was in a coma after an assassination attempt.
Paul Greengrass, Shawn Levy and Louis Leterrier were among the directors rumored to helm the project, while Will Smith and Hugh Jackman were mentioned as potential cast members.
- Kim Kardashian Looks Gloomy During Outing After Paris Robbery
- Brad Pitt's Child Abuse Investigation Extended due to New Key Accusation
- Britney Spears and Tinashe Share Photo From 'Slumber Party' Video Shoot
- Jennifer Lawrence Has Competition! Scarlett Johansson Develops a Zelda Fitzgerald Rival Project
- 'The Punisher' Announces 5 More New Cast Members
- Kristen Stewart Reunites With 'Twilight' Co-Stars at Women in Hollywood Awards
- Len Wiseman Files for Divorce From Kate Beckinsale
- Lady GaGa to Perform at 2016 American Music Awards