David S. Goyer Tapped for James Cameron's 'Fantastic Voyage' Remake
David S. Goyer boards "Fantastic Voyage" remake. According to a scoop from The Hollywood Reporter, the "Man of Steel" scribe is tapped as an executive producer and screenwriter for the revamped version of the 1966 sci-fi classic.
James Cameron, Jon Landau, and Rae Sanchini are producing the long-gestating project through their Lightstorm banner. No director and cast have been officially confirmed, but Fox is intent on fast-tracking the film now that Goyer joins the crew.
Set during the Cold War, the film follows a team of scientists who are shrunk to atomic size and sent in a miniature submarine inside the body of a scientist to save his life. The dying scientist was a defector who was in a coma after an assassination attempt.
Paul Greengrass, Shawn Levy and Louis Leterrier were among the directors rumored to helm the project, while Will Smith and Hugh Jackman were mentioned as potential cast members.
- Watch: Rita Ora Drops Her Top in Raunchy Love Advent Video
- Britney Spears Gets Surprise Birthday Cake on Stage at 2016 Jingle Ball
- Granger Smith Broke His Rips and Punctured His Lung After Falling From Stage
- Madonna Wants to Remarry Sean Penn for $150,000 at Miami's Art Basel
- Chris Evans Feels 'Rage' Over 'Last Tango in Paris' Real Rape Scene
- Mariah Carey Not Too Keen on Comparison Between Her Alter Ego Bianca and Beyonce's Sasha Fierce
- Mark Wahlberg Criticizes Fellow Celebs Who Talk About Politics
- Kanye West and Kim Kardashian Live Under Different Roofs After He's Released From Hospital