Chris Brown to Spend More Time in Jail, Judge Orders
A judge in L.A. has decided that Chris Brown will spend more time in jail. Wearing an orange uniform, the singer attended a hearing on his probation violation at Los Angeles Superior Court on Thursday, May 1 where Judge James Brandlin decided that he would stay incarcerated as his lawyer negotiated with prosecutors regarding his probation violation.
According to CNN, Brown was just back in L.A. from Washington D.C. a few hours before he attended the hearing. His attorney Mark Geragos said that he would file a motion to seek the release of the singer. The motion will be considered at a May 9 hearing.
"He's doing remarkably well under the circumstances. It's a challenging situation to be in," Geragos said of his client's situation to the news outlet. "I'm hoping we get it resolved and we get it resolved quickly," he added after hearing.
Brown's legal drama started following an assault case involving his then-girlfriend Rihanna in 2009. He pleaded guilty to the charge and was sentenced to 5 years of probation. It was revoked when he and his bodyguard were arrested in Washington D.C. for allegedly hitting a man outside a hotel. Brown checked into rehab, but then he was ordered to go to jail after he violated rules in the facility.
More Chris Brown News
- 'True Blood' Alum Stephen Moyer Lands Lead Role on FOX's 'X-Men' Series Pilot
- Mariah Carey's Boobs Almost Spill Out of Her Plunging Dress at Vanity Fair's Oscars Party
- Selena Gomez and The Weeknd Go for a Date Night in Paris as Bella Hadid Parties Just Blocks Away
- Russell Crowe May Portray Cable in 'Deadpool 2'
- Keyshia Cole Punishes Cheating Boyfriend in 'You' Music Video Ft. Remy Ma and French Montana
- Vera Farmiga Set to Star as Millie Bobby Brown's On-Screen Mother in 'Godzilla 2'
- Lorde Teases Upcoming Music With Mysterious Ad
- 'The Voice' Season 12 Premiere: Gwen Stefani Returns as Coach and Wins the First Four-Way Battle