iHeartRadio Music Awards: Imagine Dragons' 'Demons' Named Best Alternative Rock Song of the Year
More winners at the first-ever iHeartRadio Music Awards have been announced. Imagine Dragons claimed the Alternative Rock Song of the Year award after their "Demons" beat Arctic Monkeys' "Do I Wanna Know", Bastille's "Pompeii", Capital Cities' "Safe and Sound" and Lorde's "Royals".
After Jared Leto returned to the stage with his band 30 Seconds to Mars to perform "City of Angels", Rihanna collected her third award at the event that night. The singer won the Best Song of the Year award for her collaboration with Mikky Ekko, "Stay".
"Thanks to radio for playing my music. This record wouldn't have been this big if it wasn't for you," said RiRi, who was previously announced as a winner in the Best Hip-Hop/R&B Song of the Year and the Best Fan Army categories.
Later that night, Blake Shelton came to the stage to accept the Country Song of the Year award for his hit song, "Boys 'Round Here". The country superstar managed to beat his own song "Mine Would Be You", which was nominated in the cateogry alongside Luke Bryan's "That's My Kind of Night", Thomas Rhett's "It Goes Like This" and Tim McGraw and Taylor Swift's "Highway Don't Care".
- Justin Theroux Joins 'Star Wars: The Last Jedi'
- Mischa Barton Reveals Emotional Abuse and Blackmail by Ex-Boyfriend Who Leaked Her Sex Tape
- Jordan Peele Eyed to Direct Manga Adaptation 'Akira'
- 'Game of Thrones' Season 7 New Teaser Shows 'Long Walk' to the Throne
- 'Avengers' Helmer Joss Whedon to Direct, Write and Produce 'Batgirl'
- Beyonce Is Making $500K Nursery for Her Unborn Twins
- Mariah Carey Is Spending Too Much Money on Toyboy Bryan Tanaka
- Amber Rose Is Joining Secret Online Dating App