Sony Changes 'Goosebumps' and 'Smurfs 3' Release Dates
Sony has made some changes to its future family films. "Goosebumps" will now hit theaters ahead the not-yet-titled third "Smurfs" film, moving from March 23, 2016 to August 7, 2015. The children horror story will now compete against Fox's video game adaptation "Assassin's Creed".
Based on R.L. Stine's children horror books, "Goosebumps" is starring Jack Black and directed by Rob Letterman from a screenplay by Darren Lemke and Mike White. In the film, Black stars as Stine who soon realizes that the monsters from his books are actually real, and he must protect his readers by keeping them locked up in their books. When they escape from his books and attack an unsuspecting town, it's up to Stine and two teens to get the monsters back into their stories.
"The Smurfs 3" was originally slated for August 14, 2015 but has been pushed back a year later to August 5, 2016. It has no competitors on its weekend yet. The third movie is touted as a reimagining of the franchise and an all-animated film with new designs and environments that will focus on the creatures origins. Kelly Asbury of "Shrek 2" is directing.
- 'True Blood' Alum Stephen Moyer Lands Lead Role on FOX's 'X-Men' Series Pilot
- Mariah Carey's Boobs Almost Spill Out of Her Plunging Dress at Vanity Fair's Oscars Party
- Selena Gomez and The Weeknd Go for a Date Night in Paris as Bella Hadid Parties Just Blocks Away
- Russell Crowe May Portray Cable in 'Deadpool 2'
- Keyshia Cole Punishes Cheating Boyfriend in 'You' Music Video Ft. Remy Ma and French Montana
- Vera Farmiga Set to Star as Millie Bobby Brown's On-Screen Mother in 'Godzilla 2'
- Lorde Teases Upcoming Music With Mysterious Ad
- 'The Voice' Season 12 Premiere: Gwen Stefani Returns as Coach and Wins the First Four-Way Battle