Sony Changes 'Goosebumps' and 'Smurfs 3' Release Dates
Sony has made some changes to its future family films. "Goosebumps" will now hit theaters ahead the not-yet-titled third "Smurfs" film, moving from March 23, 2016 to August 7, 2015. The children horror story will now compete against Fox's video game adaptation "Assassin's Creed".
Based on R.L. Stine's children horror books, "Goosebumps" is starring Jack Black and directed by Rob Letterman from a screenplay by Darren Lemke and Mike White. In the film, Black stars as Stine who soon realizes that the monsters from his books are actually real, and he must protect his readers by keeping them locked up in their books. When they escape from his books and attack an unsuspecting town, it's up to Stine and two teens to get the monsters back into their stories.
"The Smurfs 3" was originally slated for August 14, 2015 but has been pushed back a year later to August 5, 2016. It has no competitors on its weekend yet. The third movie is touted as a reimagining of the franchise and an all-animated film with new designs and environments that will focus on the creatures origins. Kelly Asbury of "Shrek 2" is directing.
- Ice Cube Is Up for Teacher Fight With Charlie Day in New 'Fist Fight' Trailer
- Brad Pitt and Angelina Jolie Reach Custody Agreement. Will He Meet His Children on Christmas?
- Madonna Twerks in a Car in Sneak Peek of 'Carpool Karaoke'
- Is Selena Gomez Working on New Album With Hit-Boy?
- Kim Kardashian Shares Rare Pics for Saint's 1st Birthday as Kanye West Comes Back Home
- Mariah Carey Suffers Another Nip Slip as She and Bryan Tanaka Cozy Up at NYC Hot Spot
- Harley Quinn and The Joker Sport Very Different Tattoos in Early 'Suicide Squad' Concept Art
- 'Gotham': Cameron Monaghan Teases Disfigured Jerome With These Photos