Sony Changes 'Goosebumps' and 'Smurfs 3' Release Dates
Sony has made some changes to its future family films. "Goosebumps" will now hit theaters ahead the not-yet-titled third "Smurfs" film, moving from March 23, 2016 to August 7, 2015. The children horror story will now compete against Fox's video game adaptation "Assassin's Creed".
Based on R.L. Stine's children horror books, "Goosebumps" is starring Jack Black and directed by Rob Letterman from a screenplay by Darren Lemke and Mike White. In the film, Black stars as Stine who soon realizes that the monsters from his books are actually real, and he must protect his readers by keeping them locked up in their books. When they escape from his books and attack an unsuspecting town, it's up to Stine and two teens to get the monsters back into their stories.
"The Smurfs 3" was originally slated for August 14, 2015 but has been pushed back a year later to August 5, 2016. It has no competitors on its weekend yet. The third movie is touted as a reimagining of the franchise and an all-animated film with new designs and environments that will focus on the creatures origins. Kelly Asbury of "Shrek 2" is directing.
- Morgan Freeman Eyed to Join Disney's New 'Nutcracker' Film
- Get Your First Look at Tyler Hoechlin as Clark Kent on 'Supergirl'
- Taika Waititi Hints at Thanos' Connection to 'Thor: Ragnarok' in New Photo
- Lindsey Vonn Accidentally Flashes Underwear on the Red Carpet
- Rihanna Swarmed by Her Fans in 'Goodnight Gotham' Music Video
- Tony Parker Welcomes Second Child With Wife Axelle Francine
- Candice Swanepoel Bares Baby Bump While Posing Completely Naked in This Photo
- 'Sesame Street' Reconsiders Layoffs After Public Outcry, Actor Says