Sony Changes 'Goosebumps' and 'Smurfs 3' Release Dates
Sony has made some changes to its future family films. "Goosebumps" will now hit theaters ahead the not-yet-titled third "Smurfs" film, moving from March 23, 2016 to August 7, 2015. The children horror story will now compete against Fox's video game adaptation "Assassin's Creed".
Based on R.L. Stine's children horror books, "Goosebumps" is starring Jack Black and directed by Rob Letterman from a screenplay by Darren Lemke and Mike White. In the film, Black stars as Stine who soon realizes that the monsters from his books are actually real, and he must protect his readers by keeping them locked up in their books. When they escape from his books and attack an unsuspecting town, it's up to Stine and two teens to get the monsters back into their stories.
"The Smurfs 3" was originally slated for August 14, 2015 but has been pushed back a year later to August 5, 2016. It has no competitors on its weekend yet. The third movie is touted as a reimagining of the franchise and an all-animated film with new designs and environments that will focus on the creatures origins. Kelly Asbury of "Shrek 2" is directing.
- Tarek El Moussa Addresses Rumors He Called Estranged Wife Christina a 'Whore'
- George Clooney Writes Touching Tribute to Cousin and 'NCIS: LA' Star Miguel Ferrer Who Dies at 61
- Little Mix Releases Sexy and Colorful Music Video for 'Touch'
- ABC Is Considering 'Black-ish' Spin-Off Starring Yara Shahidi
- Anne Hathaway to Join Rebel Wilson in 'Nasty Women'
- Everyone Loves Chrissy Teigen for Showing Off Her Stretch Marks in New Photo
- Mandy Moore Is Eager to Have Kids 'Sooner Than Later.' Ready to Start a Family?
- Ed Sheeran Wants to Collaborate With Beyonce, Plans Tour in March