Sony Changes 'Goosebumps' and 'Smurfs 3' Release Dates
Sony has made some changes to its future family films. "Goosebumps" will now hit theaters ahead the not-yet-titled third "Smurfs" film, moving from March 23, 2016 to August 7, 2015. The children horror story will now compete against Fox's video game adaptation "Assassin's Creed".
Based on R.L. Stine's children horror books, "Goosebumps" is starring Jack Black and directed by Rob Letterman from a screenplay by Darren Lemke and Mike White. In the film, Black stars as Stine who soon realizes that the monsters from his books are actually real, and he must protect his readers by keeping them locked up in their books. When they escape from his books and attack an unsuspecting town, it's up to Stine and two teens to get the monsters back into their stories.
"The Smurfs 3" was originally slated for August 14, 2015 but has been pushed back a year later to August 5, 2016. It has no competitors on its weekend yet. The third movie is touted as a reimagining of the franchise and an all-animated film with new designs and environments that will focus on the creatures origins. Kelly Asbury of "Shrek 2" is directing.
More Goosebumps News
- 'DWTS' Pro Peta Murgatroyd and Maksim Chmerkovskiy Expecting First Child, but Something Upset Them
- Ben Affleck Gives Jennifer Garner 11-Carat Diamond Ahead of Their Anniversary - Is It True?
- Iggy Azalea Teases Collaboration With Zedd After Pushing Back Her Album's Release
- Kanye West Ready to Take Legal Action if Sex Tapes Leak
- Yikes! Kendall and Kylie Jenner Reportedly in 'Bizarre Love Triangle' With Scott Disick
- New 'Luke Cage' Set Photos Reveal Villain Diamondback
- Tom Hanks and Rita Wilson's Marriage Reportedly Crumbles. Here's the Truth
- Prince Hated the Idea of Appearing in a Music Video With Madonna