iHeartRadio Music Awards: Rihanna Wins Hip-Hop Song of the Year
The first-ever iHeartRadio Awards was kicked off on Thursday night, May 1 at Los Angeles' Shrine Auditorium. The first winners at the ceremony have so far included Rihanna, who took home the Hip-Hop/R&B Song of the Year for her "Pour It Up".
The Bajan singer also won the Best Fan Army award. She hit the stage to collect her trophy and thank her die-hard fans, Rihanna Navy. Pitbull and Ke$ha were also among winners at the ongoing awards show. They won the Best Collaboration award for their duet, "Timber".
Meanwhile, in the Best Lyric category, Miley Cyrus' "Wrecking Ball" won over competitors like Macklemore & Ryan Lewis' "Same Love", A Great Big World's "Say Something", Icona Pop's "I Love It" and Avicii's "Wake Me Up".
After an energetic performance from Ariana Grande, Jared Leto presented the Best New Artist award to Lorde. More winners will be announced as iHeartRadio Music Awards unfolds.
More Rihanna News
- 'Game of Thrones' Stars Talk About the Bloodbath and Power Transfer in Season Finale
- Deadpool Makes Surprise Appearance in 'X-Men: Apocalypse' Japanese Trailer
- 50 Cent Arrested in the Caribbean for Saying 'Motherf**ker' at Music Festival
- Adele Burps While Taking Selfie With a Fan Onstage. See the Hilarious Video
- Rihanna Previews New Song 'Sledgehammer' From 'Star Trek Beyond'
- Mariah Carey Shows Off Bare Butts at Her DJ Debut in Las Vegas
- Justin Timberlake Attacked by Twitter Users for His Comment on Jesse Williams' BET Awards Speech
- Artist of the Week: Calvin Harris