Gerard Butler's 'Olympus Has Fallen' Sequel Gets Release Date
The sequel to Gerard Butler-starring actioner "Olympus Has Fallen" has moved on significantly with Focus Features acquiring the domestic distribution rights. "London Has Fallen" will be released in U.S. theaters on October 2, 2015.
The company announced on Thursday, May 1 that Butler will return as a former secret service agent in the sequel. The story will kick off during the funeral of Britain's prime minister who dies "under mysterious circumstances." Aaron Eckhart and Morgan Freeman will reprise their roles as the President of the United States and Speaker Allan Trumbell respectively.
"London Has Fallen" has no director yet. The first movie, released in March 2013, was directed by Antoine Fuqua, grossing $98.9 million at the domestic box office and $160 million worldwide. "Olympus Has Fallen" writers Creighton Rothenberger and Katrin Benedikt are back on the script along with Christian Gudegast.
- Amy Schumer Snogs Ben Hanisch on Kiss Cam During Mets Game
- Oh Boy! Harry Styles Rocks Three Different Looks for Another Man Magazine
- Taylor Lautner Says Britney Spears Tried to Set Him Up With Her Sister Jamie Lynn
- Brad Pitt and Angelina Jolie Do Have a Pre-Nup. So, Who's the Big Winner?
- 'Thor: Ragnarok': 'Jurassic Park' Star Sam Neill Reveals His Secret Role
- Lindsay Lohan's Ex Egor Denies He's Broke and Let Her Pay for Everything While Still Dating
- 'Last Man on Earth' Premiere Features Surprise Cameo, Stages Mini 'Mad Men' Reunion
- Blac Chyna's Mom Scolds Rob Kardashian, Fears He Will 'Ruin' Their Relationship