Gerard Butler's 'Olympus Has Fallen' Sequel Gets Release Date
The sequel to Gerard Butler-starring actioner "Olympus Has Fallen" has moved on significantly with Focus Features acquiring the domestic distribution rights. "London Has Fallen" will be released in U.S. theaters on October 2, 2015.
The company announced on Thursday, May 1 that Butler will return as a former secret service agent in the sequel. The story will kick off during the funeral of Britain's prime minister who dies "under mysterious circumstances." Aaron Eckhart and Morgan Freeman will reprise their roles as the President of the United States and Speaker Allan Trumbell respectively.
"London Has Fallen" has no director yet. The first movie, released in March 2013, was directed by Antoine Fuqua, grossing $98.9 million at the domestic box office and $160 million worldwide. "Olympus Has Fallen" writers Creighton Rothenberger and Katrin Benedikt are back on the script along with Christian Gudegast.
- Watch Barden Bellas Dance in 'Pitch Perfect 3' Behind-the-Scenes Video
- James Marsden Is Under Consideration to Join 'Green Lantern Corps' as Hal Jordan
- Blake Lively 'Livid' Over Ryan Reynolds' Possible Reunion With Ex-Wife Scarlett Johansson
- The Weeknd Reunites With Selena Gomez at a Club After Running Into Ex Bella Hadid
- 'The Lost City of Z' Gets New International Trailer
- Peter Dinklage's New Red Hair May Hint at His 'Avengers: Infinity War' Role
- Future Enjoys Lavish Getaway in Dubai in New Video for 'Poppin' Tags'
- James Cameron and 'Deadpool' Director Tim Miller Team Up for New 'Terminator' Movie