Gerard Butler's 'Olympus Has Fallen' Sequel Gets Release Date
The sequel to Gerard Butler-starring actioner "Olympus Has Fallen" has moved on significantly with Focus Features acquiring the domestic distribution rights. "London Has Fallen" will be released in U.S. theaters on October 2, 2015.
The company announced on Thursday, May 1 that Butler will return as a former secret service agent in the sequel. The story will kick off during the funeral of Britain's prime minister who dies "under mysterious circumstances." Aaron Eckhart and Morgan Freeman will reprise their roles as the President of the United States and Speaker Allan Trumbell respectively.
"London Has Fallen" has no director yet. The first movie, released in March 2013, was directed by Antoine Fuqua, grossing $98.9 million at the domestic box office and $160 million worldwide. "Olympus Has Fallen" writers Creighton Rothenberger and Katrin Benedikt are back on the script along with Christian Gudegast.
- MTV VMAs 2016: Beyonce Is Snow Queen, Kim Kardashian and Nicki Minaj Show Skin on Red Carpet
- Beyonce Is Performing at the 2016 MTV VMAs, MTV Confirms
- Britney Spears Reveals Her Desire to Collaborate With Ex Justin Timberlake
- Mariah Carey's Estranged Sister Busted for Prostitution
- Video: Jennifer Lopez Reunites With Ex Marc Anthony on Stage After Casper Smart Split
- Adam Levine Dresses Up as Pokemon-Like Monster for Maroon 5 Music Video Shoot
- Watch: Thor Hilariously Explains Why He Is Absent From 'Captain America: Civil War'
- Do These Pictures Show Justin Bieber Having Sex With Sofia Richie?