Gerard Butler's 'Olympus Has Fallen' Sequel Gets Release Date
The sequel to Gerard Butler-starring actioner "Olympus Has Fallen" has moved on significantly with Focus Features acquiring the domestic distribution rights. "London Has Fallen" will be released in U.S. theaters on October 2, 2015.
The company announced on Thursday, May 1 that Butler will return as a former secret service agent in the sequel. The story will kick off during the funeral of Britain's prime minister who dies "under mysterious circumstances." Aaron Eckhart and Morgan Freeman will reprise their roles as the President of the United States and Speaker Allan Trumbell respectively.
"London Has Fallen" has no director yet. The first movie, released in March 2013, was directed by Antoine Fuqua, grossing $98.9 million at the domestic box office and $160 million worldwide. "Olympus Has Fallen" writers Creighton Rothenberger and Katrin Benedikt are back on the script along with Christian Gudegast.
- Calvin Harris Takes a Dig at Taylor Swift in 'My Way' Video
- 'Rambo' Gets 'New Blood' Remake Without Sylvester Stallone
- Listen to Alessia Cara's 'Moana' Song 'How Far I'll Go'
- Jennifer Lawrence Nude Photo Hacker Sentenced to 18 Months in Jail
- Kid Cudi Reacts to Drake's Diss Track: 'Say It to My Face, P*ssy'
- First Look at New Xenomorphs in 'Alien: Covenant' Leaks
- Alec Baldwin Accused of Tax Evasion
- John Mayer Names His New Album 'The Search for Everything'