Gerard Butler's 'Olympus Has Fallen' Sequel Gets Release Date
The sequel to Gerard Butler-starring actioner "Olympus Has Fallen" has moved on significantly with Focus Features acquiring the domestic distribution rights. "London Has Fallen" will be released in U.S. theaters on October 2, 2015.
The company announced on Thursday, May 1 that Butler will return as a former secret service agent in the sequel. The story will kick off during the funeral of Britain's prime minister who dies "under mysterious circumstances." Aaron Eckhart and Morgan Freeman will reprise their roles as the President of the United States and Speaker Allan Trumbell respectively.
"London Has Fallen" has no director yet. The first movie, released in March 2013, was directed by Antoine Fuqua, grossing $98.9 million at the domestic box office and $160 million worldwide. "Olympus Has Fallen" writers Creighton Rothenberger and Katrin Benedikt are back on the script along with Christian Gudegast.
- Watch Music Video for Justin Bieber and DJ Khaled's New Collab 'I'm the One'
- Khloe Kardashian Hits Back at Hater Over Cuddly Pic With Scott Disick
- Angelina Jolie Throws Divorce Party
- 'Rob & Chyna' Filming Halted Because of Kris Jenner
- Harry Styles Announces First Solo World Tour
- Nick Cannon Is Still Close to Ex Mariah Carey but Says They're Not Sleeping Together
- Janet Jackson Is Swaying at Bruno Mars' Concert After Split
- Disney Star Michael Mantenuto Found Dead at 35 of Gunshot Wound