Sam Worthington Quietly Settled Paparazzo Assault Case
Sam Worthington has quietly settled the assault case against him in Manhattan Criminal Court on April 8. The "Avatar" star was not present during the court session but his lawyer took a conditional dismissal deal on his behalf.
Worthington was arrested on February 23 in Greenwich Village, Manhattan for allegedly punching paparazzo Sheng Li. He was later hit with a restraining order, barring him from contact with Li for six months and charged with 2 counts of third-degree assault, 1 count of attempted assault, and 1 count of harassment.
In the settlement, Worthington submitted a signed statement which said, "I understand that as long as I continue to lead a law-abiding life, this matter will be dismissed and sealed." He noted that he was "contractually committed in Europe at this time," and thanked the judge and prosecutors for working with his schedule.
Per NY Daily News, there were no additional requirements under the terms of the deal.
- Ex-Wonder Girls Member Sun Mi to Release Second Solo Album in August
- Find Out Why Song Joong Ki Wants to Get Married Early
- Ariel Winter Flaunts Butt Tattoo on Snapchat
- Did Katy Perry Secretly Undergo Plastic Surgery?
- Beyonce and Jay-Z Spark Rise in Bel-Air Property Prices
- 'American Horror Story': Ryan Murphy Shares Photo of 'Cult' Member. Is It Evan Peters?
- Secretly Married? Liam Payne Calls Cheryl His 'Wife' in New Interview
- Comic-Con: 'Ready Player One' First Footage Introduces Stepen Spielberg's VR Dystopia