Sam Worthington Quietly Settled Paparazzo Assault Case
Sam Worthington has quietly settled the assault case against him in Manhattan Criminal Court on April 8. The "Avatar" star was not present during the court session but his lawyer took a conditional dismissal deal on his behalf.
Worthington was arrested on February 23 in Greenwich Village, Manhattan for allegedly punching paparazzo Sheng Li. He was later hit with a restraining order, barring him from contact with Li for six months and charged with 2 counts of third-degree assault, 1 count of attempted assault, and 1 count of harassment.
In the settlement, Worthington submitted a signed statement which said, "I understand that as long as I continue to lead a law-abiding life, this matter will be dismissed and sealed." He noted that he was "contractually committed in Europe at this time," and thanked the judge and prosecutors for working with his schedule.
Per NY Daily News, there were no additional requirements under the terms of the deal.
- Rob Kardashian Reveals He Is Now Diabetes Free
- Britney Spears Recalls Being on 'Awkward' Dates, Says 'Being Famous Doesn't Make You Any Different'
- Taylor Swift Makes Donation to Hospital That Saved Her Godson
- Daniel Radcliffe Eyed for 'Harry Potter and the Cursed Child' Movie Trilogy
- Mary J. Blige to Guest Star on 'How to Get Away with Murder'
- Ryan Reynolds Paid 'Deadpool' Screenwriters With His Own Money
- Rob Kardashian Finally Opens Up on Why He Ditched Kim Kardashian's Wedding
- Drake and Rihanna Nuzzling and Holding Hands in Miami