Sam Worthington Quietly Settled Paparazzo Assault Case
Sam Worthington has quietly settled the assault case against him in Manhattan Criminal Court on April 8. The "Avatar" star was not present during the court session but his lawyer took a conditional dismissal deal on his behalf.
Worthington was arrested on February 23 in Greenwich Village, Manhattan for allegedly punching paparazzo Sheng Li. He was later hit with a restraining order, barring him from contact with Li for six months and charged with 2 counts of third-degree assault, 1 count of attempted assault, and 1 count of harassment.
In the settlement, Worthington submitted a signed statement which said, "I understand that as long as I continue to lead a law-abiding life, this matter will be dismissed and sealed." He noted that he was "contractually committed in Europe at this time," and thanked the judge and prosecutors for working with his schedule.
Per NY Daily News, there were no additional requirements under the terms of the deal.
- 'The Walking Dead' Was Supposed to End in Alexandria, but It Has Changed
- Disney's New 'Nutcracker' Movie Casts Mackenzie Foy as Clara
- Video: Kanye West Disses Taylor Swift While Crashing Drake's Concert
- Ben Affleck Risks His Life in New 'The Accountant' Trailer
- An Uber Driver Failing to Recognize Lorde Brags About Another Celebrity Passenger
- Scott Disick and Khloe Kardashian Make Fun of Dating Rumors While Posing for a Selfie
- Demi Lovato and Joe Jonas Bring 'Camp Rock' Back to D.C. Concert. See Their Onstage Reunion
- Is Lindsay Lohan Really Pregnant? See Picture of Her Smoking in Sardinia