Sam Worthington Quietly Settled Paparazzo Assault Case
Sam Worthington has quietly settled the assault case against him in Manhattan Criminal Court on April 8. The "Avatar" star was not present during the court session but his lawyer took a conditional dismissal deal on his behalf.
Worthington was arrested on February 23 in Greenwich Village, Manhattan for allegedly punching paparazzo Sheng Li. He was later hit with a restraining order, barring him from contact with Li for six months and charged with 2 counts of third-degree assault, 1 count of attempted assault, and 1 count of harassment.
In the settlement, Worthington submitted a signed statement which said, "I understand that as long as I continue to lead a law-abiding life, this matter will be dismissed and sealed." He noted that he was "contractually committed in Europe at this time," and thanked the judge and prosecutors for working with his schedule.
Per NY Daily News, there were no additional requirements under the terms of the deal.
More Sam Worthington News
- Keke Palmer Blames the World for 'Ugly' Kylie Jenner's Drastic Transformation
- Britney Spears Mispronounces Tinashe's Name During Onstage Performance
- Tegan and Sara Release 'Miami Vice'-Inspired 'Dying to Know' Video
- Seth Meyers Will End 2016 With Jennifer Lawrence, Arnold Schwarzenegger and More
- Liam Payne Blasts Louis Walsh for Dissing His Pregnant Girlfriend Cheryl
- Demi Moore Annoys Mila Kunis for 'Butting in' After Birth of Her Son With Ashton Kutcher
- Get Sneak Peeks of Daredevil and Jessica Jones' Encounter in New 'Defenders' Set Photos
- Find Out Liam Payne's Big Plan to Propose to Pregnant Girlfriend Cheryl