'The Young and the Restless' Leads 2014 Daytime Emmy Nominations
The National Academy of Television Arts & Sciences (NATAS) announces the nominees for the 41st Annual Daytime Emmy Awards. CBS' "The Young and the Restless" leads the pack with 26 nods, followed by its sister show "The Bold and the Beautiful" with 18.
The two CBS long-running soap operas are pitted against each other for Outstanding Drama Series. The other contenders in the coveted category are NBC's "Days of Our Lives" and The Online Network's "One Life to Live".
Four of "Young and Restless" actors, Peter Bergman, Doug Davidson, Christian LeBlanc, and Billy Miller, are nominated for Lead Actor in a Drama Series. The other nominee is Jason Thompson from ABC's "General Hospital" which bags 16 nods.
Meanwhile, two of "Bold and Beautiful" female cast, Katherine Kelly Lang and Heather Tom, are up for Lead Actress in a Drama Series. The other contenders are Eileen Davidson and Arianne Zucker, both from "Days of Our Lives".
CBS scores another nod with "The Talk" which is vying for Outstanding Talk Show/Entertainment. It faces off ABC's "The View" and three shows from Syndicated, "The Ellen DeGeneres Show", "Live! with Kelly and Michael", and "Rachael Ray".
Katie Couric whose show was canceled last year after only two seasons is among the nominees for Outstanding Talk Show Host. She is competing against Rachael Ray, "The Talk" hosts (Julie Chen, Sara Gilbert, Sharon Osbourne, Aisha Tyler, Sheryl Underwood), "The View" presenters (Whoopi Goldberg, Jenny McCarthy, Sherri Shepherd, Barbara Walters), and "The Dr. Oz Show" host Dr. Mehmet Oz.
Overall, CBS gets the most nominations with a total of 61 nods this year. Syndicated follows with 50, and PBS trails behind with 44. The complete nominations can be found at Emmy official website.
The Daytime Emmys which recognizes outstanding achievement in all fields of daytime television production will honor the winners in a gala set at Beverly Hilton Hotel on Sunday, June 22. It will be preceded with the Daytime Creative Arts Emmy Awards, which honors the crafts behind the many shows that grace the Daytime genre. The latter will take place at the Westin Bonaventure Hotel in Los Angeles on June 20.
Outstanding Drama Series:
- Eileen Davidson - "Days of Our Lives"
- Katherine Kelly Lang - "The Bold and the Beautiful"
- Heather Tom - "The Bold and the Beautiful"
- Arianne Zucker - "Days of Our Lives"
- Peter Bergman - "The Young and the Restless"
- Doug Davidson - "The Young and the Restless"
- Christian LeBlanc - "The Young and the Restless"
- Billy Miller - "The Young and the Restless"
- Jason Thompson - "General Hospital"
- Melissa Claire Egan - "The Young and the Restless"
- Jane Elliot - "General Hospital"
- Amelia Heinle - "The Young and the Restless"
- Elizabeth Hendrickson - "The Young and the Restless"
- Kelly Sullivan - "General Hospital"
- Bradford Anderson - "General Hospital"
- Steve Burton - "The Young and the Restless"
- Scott Clifton - "The Bold and the Beautiful"
- Eric Martsolf - "Days of Our Lives"
- Dominic Zamprogna - "General Hospital"
- Kristen Alderson - "General Hospital"
- Linsey Godfrey - "The Bold and the Beautiful"
- Hunter King - "The Young and the Restless"
- Kim Matula - "The Bold and the Beautiful"
- Kelley Missal - "One Life to Live"
- Bryan Craig - "General Hospital"
- Chad Duell - "General Hospital"
- Max Ehrich - "The Young and the Restless"
- Chandler Massey - "Days of Our Lives"
- Daniel Polo - "The Young and the Restless"
- "Tainted Dreams"
- "The Power Inside"
- "Venice the Series"
- "The Chew"
- "Dr. Oz"
- "Dr. Phil"
- "Steve Harvey"
- "The American Bible Challenge"
- "The Chase"
- "Jeopardy! "
- "Let's Make a Deal"
- "The Price Is Right"
- "Wheel of Fortune"
- Katie Couric - "Katie"
- Rachael Ray - "Rachael Ray"
- Julie Chen, Sara Gilbert, Sharon Osbourne, Aisha Tyler, Sheryl Underwood - "The Talk"
- Whoopi Goldberg, Jenny McCarthy, Sherri Shepherd, Barbara Walters - "The View"
- Dr. Mehmet Oz - "The Dr. Oz Show"
- 'Jumanji' Is an Old School Video Game in Its First Trailer
- 'Jealous' Kim Kardashian Demands Hefty Pay Raise for 'KUWTK'
- So Cute! Liam Payne Shares Rare Photo of Him and Son Bear in Matching Yeezy Trainers
- Donald Trump Stops a Call With the Irish PM to Compliment Female Reporter's 'Nice Smile'
- Kristen Wiig Joins Jimmy Fallon in Funny Doctor Skit of New Mad Lib Theater
- Queen Biopic 'Bohemian Rhapsody' Finds Its Drummer in 'X-Men' Actor Ben Hardy
- Kris Jenner and David Foster Reportedly Have a Dinner Date
- Chrissy Teigen Accidentally Flashes Bare Boob When Dancing With John Legend During His Concert