'Breaking Bad' Spin-Off 'Better Call Saul' Casts Michael McKean
"Better Call Saul" adds another veteran actor to its cast ensemble. Michael McKean has landed a co-starring role on the upcoming drama series, playing a new character named Dr. Thurber, who is a gifted lawyer hampered by a strange affliction.
McKean, who is a former cast member on "Saturday Night Live", joins Bob Odenkirk and Jonathan Banks who have been set to reprise their roles as Saul Goodman and trusted private investigator/fixer Michael "Mike" Ehrmantraut.
The "Breaking Bad" spin-off will focus on the titular character "in the years before he became Walter White's attorney. From parking tickets to mass murder, from slip-and-fall to bond fraud, Saul handles it all."
"Breaking Bad" creator creator Vince Gilligan will direct the pilot. The new show is expected to premiere in November on AMC.
McKean recently appeared as guest star on sitcom "Happy Endings" and police procedural series "Law & Order: Special Victims Unit".
- Lucasfilm Isn't Happy With Alden Ehrenreich's 'Han Solo' Performance
- Israel Names a Beach After Britney Spears
- Taylor Swift Resurfaces With New Look in a Congratulatory Video for Russell Westbrook
- Pregnant Serena Williams Poses Nearly Nude for Vanity Fair
- Scott Disick Risks Liver Failure With His Binge Drinking Habit
- 'Pretty Little Liars' Series Finale Photos: Get First Look at Aria's Wedding Dress
- Is Khloe Kardashian Pregnant? Tristan Thompson Believes She Will Be the 'Best Mom'
- Insecure Kylie Jenner Thinks She's Ugly