'Breaking Bad' Spin-Off 'Better Call Saul' Casts Michael McKean
"Better Call Saul" adds another veteran actor to its cast ensemble. Michael McKean has landed a co-starring role on the upcoming drama series, playing a new character named Dr. Thurber, who is a gifted lawyer hampered by a strange affliction.
McKean, who is a former cast member on "Saturday Night Live", joins Bob Odenkirk and Jonathan Banks who have been set to reprise their roles as Saul Goodman and trusted private investigator/fixer Michael "Mike" Ehrmantraut.
The "Breaking Bad" spin-off will focus on the titular character "in the years before he became Walter White's attorney. From parking tickets to mass murder, from slip-and-fall to bond fraud, Saul handles it all."
"Breaking Bad" creator creator Vince Gilligan will direct the pilot. The new show is expected to premiere in November on AMC.
McKean recently appeared as guest star on sitcom "Happy Endings" and police procedural series "Law & Order: Special Victims Unit".
More Better Call Saul News
- Johnny Depp Wasn't Even Near Amber Heard When He Allegedly Hit Her, Witnesses Say
- Is Olivia Culpo Dating Danny Amendola? Here's the Proof
- Brad Pitt Reportedly Worries About 'Anorexic' and 'Fragile' Angelina Jolie
- Dan Aykroyd on Why 'Ghostbusters' Reboot Is Worth Watching: It Has More Laughs and More Scares
- Gwen Stefani Releases Fashionable 'Misery' Music Video
- Harambe the Gorilla Shooting Sparks Outrage Among Hollywood Stars
- Brooklyn Beckham Flaunting His Abs in This Shirtless Selfie Will Make You Drool
- 'Game of Thrones': George R. R. Martin Reveals Brienne's Backstory