'Breaking Bad' Spin-Off 'Better Call Saul' Casts Michael McKean
"Better Call Saul" adds another veteran actor to its cast ensemble. Michael McKean has landed a co-starring role on the upcoming drama series, playing a new character named Dr. Thurber, who is a gifted lawyer hampered by a strange affliction.
McKean, who is a former cast member on "Saturday Night Live", joins Bob Odenkirk and Jonathan Banks who have been set to reprise their roles as Saul Goodman and trusted private investigator/fixer Michael "Mike" Ehrmantraut.
The "Breaking Bad" spin-off will focus on the titular character "in the years before he became Walter White's attorney. From parking tickets to mass murder, from slip-and-fall to bond fraud, Saul handles it all."
"Breaking Bad" creator creator Vince Gilligan will direct the pilot. The new show is expected to premiere in November on AMC.
McKean recently appeared as guest star on sitcom "Happy Endings" and police procedural series "Law & Order: Special Victims Unit".
- Steven Tyler Confirms Aerosmith's 2017 Farewell Tour
- 'Rogue One' Releases More New Photos. Also Get Detail of Mon Mothma's Bigger Role
- Taylor Swift Flies to U.K. to Meet Tom Hiddleston's Mom. See Picture of Their Happy Outing
- 'Game of Thrones' Season Finale Won't Slow Down the Pace, People Will Die
- Audrina Patridge and Fiance Welcome Baby Girl Kirra Max
- Getting Married? Tyga Calls Kylie Jenner His 'Wifey'
- Christina Aguilera Performs 'Change' on 'Jimmy Kimmel Live!' to Support Orlando
- Justin Bieber's Music Video Vixen Xenia Deli, 26, Marries 62-Year-Old Man in Lavish Wedding