'Breaking Bad' Spin-Off 'Better Call Saul' Casts Michael McKean
"Better Call Saul" adds another veteran actor to its cast ensemble. Michael McKean has landed a co-starring role on the upcoming drama series, playing a new character named Dr. Thurber, who is a gifted lawyer hampered by a strange affliction.
McKean, who is a former cast member on "Saturday Night Live", joins Bob Odenkirk and Jonathan Banks who have been set to reprise their roles as Saul Goodman and trusted private investigator/fixer Michael "Mike" Ehrmantraut.
The "Breaking Bad" spin-off will focus on the titular character "in the years before he became Walter White's attorney. From parking tickets to mass murder, from slip-and-fall to bond fraud, Saul handles it all."
"Breaking Bad" creator creator Vince Gilligan will direct the pilot. The new show is expected to premiere in November on AMC.
McKean recently appeared as guest star on sitcom "Happy Endings" and police procedural series "Law & Order: Special Victims Unit".
More Better Call Saul News
- Iggy Azalea's New Beau LJay Currie Gets Two Handfuls of Her Boobs and Ass
- Watch Britney Spears Shave Her Head in 'Britney Ever After' Trailer
- Mariah Carey's Worst Nightmare! Sister to Detail the Singer's Satanic Rituals and Sex Abuse Claims
- Keshia Knight Pulliam Welcomes Baby Girl Named Ella Grace
- Kristen Wiig Joins 'Last Man on Earth' in a Mysterious Recurring Role
- 'The Voice' Execs Want Blake Shelton to Propose to Gwen Stefani On-Air
- Ed Sheeran Travels Back to His Teenage Years in Nostalgic Video for 'Castle on the Hill'
- 'American Horror Story' Crossover Season Details: Sarah Paulson Could Be Playing 18 Characters