Producers Will Never Replace Peter Parker in 'Amazing Spider-Man' Franchise
Miles Morales ("Ultimate Spider-Man"), Ben Reilly (Scarlet Spider in "Clone Saga"), and Miguel O'Hara ("Spider-Man 2099") have no chance to appear in "The Amazing Spider-Man" movies as long as Avi Arad and Matthew Tolmach serve as producers. While Andrew Garfield previously said that he could see Morales replacing Peter Parker, both producers rule it out.
"The one thing you cannot do, when you have a phenomena that has stood the test of time, you have to be true to the real character inside - who is Peter Parker? What are the biggest effects on his life? Then you can draw in time, and you can consider today's world in many ways," Arad says. "But to have multiple ones... I don't know if you remember, but Marvel tried it. And it was almost the end of Spider-Man."
However, Tolmach says Parker could pass the torch to other comic Spidey when they are no longer overseeing the franchise. "As far as we're concerned. The guys who take it over after us... Who knows...," so he says as quoted by The Playlist.
The possibility of seeing other characters, other than Parker, donning Spidey suit was raised by Comic Book Resources in an interview with Garfield. The current Spider-Man depicter was especially asked about Morales, a Black Hispanic teen, who became a successor to Parker. Morales' introduction was applauded for making Spider-Man a racially diverse character.
"Miles Morales was a huge moment in this character's comic book life," Garfield said. "And I do believe that we can do that. It's something I'm really interested in figuring out; an eloquent way of coexisting, or passing on the torch. I don't have an answer, but I think it's actually a really important move. I think it's a really beautiful and important move."
"A hero is a hero, whether you're a man, woman, gay, lesbian, straight, black, white or red all over - it doesn't matter," he added.
- Kristen Stewart Racing Through L.A. in Rolling Stones' 'Ride 'Em on Down' Video
- Anderson Cooper Was Once Set Up With Andy Cohen, but Turned It Down
- Justin Bieber Spotted Reuniting, Holding Hands With Hailey Baldwin in Los Angeles
- Kid Cudi Teams Up With Travis Scott for 'Baptized in Fire', Reveals the Release Date of New Album
- Michael Fassbender Engages in Epic Carriage Chase in Extended 'Assassin's Creed' Clip
- J. Cole to Release New Album '4 Your Eyez Only'
- Andrew Garfield Wouldn't Mind Being Stranded on Desert Island With Emma Stone
- Kylie Jenner Flaunts Famous Derriere in Racy Fishnet Tights