Producers Will Never Replace Peter Parker in 'Amazing Spider-Man' Franchise
Miles Morales ("Ultimate Spider-Man"), Ben Reilly (Scarlet Spider in "Clone Saga"), and Miguel O'Hara ("Spider-Man 2099") have no chance to appear in "The Amazing Spider-Man" movies as long as Avi Arad and Matthew Tolmach serve as producers. While Andrew Garfield previously said that he could see Morales replacing Peter Parker, both producers rule it out.
"The one thing you cannot do, when you have a phenomena that has stood the test of time, you have to be true to the real character inside - who is Peter Parker? What are the biggest effects on his life? Then you can draw in time, and you can consider today's world in many ways," Arad says. "But to have multiple ones... I don't know if you remember, but Marvel tried it. And it was almost the end of Spider-Man."
However, Tolmach says Parker could pass the torch to other comic Spidey when they are no longer overseeing the franchise. "As far as we're concerned. The guys who take it over after us... Who knows...," so he says as quoted by The Playlist.
The possibility of seeing other characters, other than Parker, donning Spidey suit was raised by Comic Book Resources in an interview with Garfield. The current Spider-Man depicter was especially asked about Morales, a Black Hispanic teen, who became a successor to Parker. Morales' introduction was applauded for making Spider-Man a racially diverse character.
"Miles Morales was a huge moment in this character's comic book life," Garfield said. "And I do believe that we can do that. It's something I'm really interested in figuring out; an eloquent way of coexisting, or passing on the torch. I don't have an answer, but I think it's actually a really important move. I think it's a really beautiful and important move."
"A hero is a hero, whether you're a man, woman, gay, lesbian, straight, black, white or red all over - it doesn't matter," he added.
- Stella Maxwell Shows Off Her Pert Derriere in Cheeky Hotpants
- Report: Blac Chyna Is Trying to Steal Kanye West From Kim Kardashian
- 'The Lego Batman Movie' Tops Box Office Again, 'The Great Wall' Humbly Sits on No. 3
- Drake Claps Back at Kanye West's Bizarre Onstage Rant, Addresses Meek Mill Beef
- Tom Brady Is Obsessed With David Beckham
- Angelina Jolie Finally Breaks Silence on Brad Pitt Split: We Will Always Be a Family
- Kristen Wiig Is Dancing in New 'The Last Man on Earth' Midseason Premiere Promo
- 'Billions' Bosses on Introducing TV's First Gender Non-Binary Character: It's Really Worth Doing