Mariah Carey Announces New Album's Title and Release Date
Mariah Carey has finally shared details about her highly-anticipated new album. On Wednesday, April 30, the singer took to Twitter to reveal that the LP would now be called "Me. I Am Mariah... The Elusive Chanteuse".
The long-delayed record, which was formerly known as "The Art of Letting Go", is set to hit the stores on May 27. Fans can pre-order what will be Carey's fourteenth studio effort on iTunes now.
Carey also teased her new album with a trailer she shared on YouTube. In the one-minute clip, she explains that the upcoming project's title is inspired by a picture of herself that she drew when she was three years old.
"Please don't judge me for such a simplistic title. Come on, I was only three-and-a-half," she says in the video. "It was a creative visualization of how I saw myself with the purity of a child's heart before it was ever broken."
"Me. I Am Mariah" will feature last year's hit "#Beautiful", which she recorded with Miguel, as well as "You're Mine (Eternal)". The album also includes the superstar's collaboration with Nas, Wale, Fabolous and her twin children.
The record's deluxe edition will come with three additional tracks including 2013's "The Art of Letting Go" and her duets with R. Kelly and Mary J. Blige that were originally planned for the scrapped remix album of her "Memoirs of an Imperfect Angel".
"Me. I Am Mariah... The Elusive Chanteuse" Tracklist:
- "Dedicated" (feat. Nas)
- "#Beautiful" (feat. Miguel)
- "Make It Look Good"
- "You're Mine (Eternal)"
- "You Don't Know What to Do" (feat. Wale)
- "Money ($ * / ...)" (feat. Fabolous)
- "One More Try"
- "Heavenly (No Ways Tired/Can't Give Up Now)"
- "Me. I Am Mariah... The Elusive Chanteuse" Deluxe:
- "It's a Wrap" (feat. Mary J. Blige)
- "Betcha Gon' Know" (feat. R. Kelly)
- "The Art of Letting Go"
More Mariah Carey News
- Rihanna Warns Fans Not to Play Pokemon Go at Her Concert as Beyonce and Adele Face Same Issue
- Disney Plans 'Han Solo' Trilogy With Alden Ehrenreich
- Chrissy Teigen and Kim Kardashian Fought With Their Husbands at Each Other's Wedding
- Karl Urban Debuts His 'Thor: Ragnarok' Look. See His Newly Shaved Head
- Matt Damon and Jimmy Kimmel Go to Couples Therapy Again. Does It Work This Time?
- Jeremy Renner's Ex Claims He Refuses to Pay Child Support
- Secretly Married? See Miley Cyrus' New Band on Her Ring Finger
- Meet the Ravagers From 'Guardians of the Galaxy Vol. 2'