Miley Cyrus Delays More 'Bangerz' Shows as She Continues to Recover
Miley Cyrus, who was hospitalized due to an extreme allergic reaction to antibiotics, is still too sick to continue her "Bangerz" tour. The former Disney star has been forced to postpone two European shows after the symptom of the allergic reaction returned.
"After a period of improvement, Cyrus' symptoms have returned and doctors will not permit her to travel," a rep for the star said in a statement issued on Wednesday, April 30. "This type of extreme reaction can last up to 27 days and Cyrus must remain under Doctor's care at this time."
Cyrus has pushed back the concerts scheduled to take place in Amsterdam, Netherlands, on Friday and in Antwerp, Belgium, on Sunday. New dates for the two shows are expected to be announced soon. Fans now hope that the 21-year-old singer's tour will resume on May 6 at London's O2 Arena.
Earlier this month, Cyrus postponed the rest of her U.S. tour dates after she got hospitalized. The scrapped shows have been rescheduled for August. The "Wrecking Ball" hitmaker recently talked about her "scary" illness in an interview with Ryan Seacrest.
"It was so scary," she said. "I had basically been poisoning myself with something I didn't know I was really scary allergic to."
"Every two or three hours, I would be okay and then all of the sudden it would happen to me again," she continued. "It was insane. I was begging the doctors, 'Let me out to go do the show!' It was basically no way."
More Miley Cyrus News
- Tom Holland Enrolled in High School Under Fake Name for 'Spider-Man: Homecoming'
- Kylie Jenner Awkwardly Gets Turned Down When Trying to Carry Tyga's Son King Cairo
- Mandy Moore and Milo Ventimiglia Share Adorable 'This Is Us' Family Photos. See Who's Missing
- Ryan Reynolds Wants 'Deadpool' / 'Wolverine' Crossover to Happen
- Kanye West Sports Wedding Ring While Riding BMX Amid Kim Kardashian Divorce Rumors
- Watch Hailee Steinfeld, Fifth Harmony and More Perform at the 2016 Billboard Women in Music
- Reese Witherspoon Teams Up With Nick Kroll for EDM Rendition of 'Shake It Off'
- 'Puff the Magic Dragon' Gets Live-Action/Animated Hybrid Movie